Thread: Has anyone every thought of putting the truck plaza below ground and a car plaza abov

Unregistered

Has anyone every thought of putting the truck plaza below ground and a car plaza abov

that would save alot of space and end alot of arguments

Also take a look at the Niagara Expressway Interchange between the expressay and the plaza and the access ramps!!!!

This bunch of spaghetti wastes alot of space, creates a lot of waterfront dead space and detracts from developer interest in making this prime waterfront valuable enough for waterfront development.

This needs to be corrected as much as the skyway / outer harbor expressway

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    that would save alot of space and end alot of arguments

Also take a look at the Niagara Expressway Interchange between the expressay and the plaza and the access ramps!!!!

This bunch of spaghetti wastes alot of space, creates a lot of waterfront dead space and detracts from developer interest in making this prime waterfront valuable enough for waterfront development.

This needs to be corrected as much as the skyway / outer harbor expressway
    Timmy, i think if you stick to these types of threads people would be happy. I think that this type of visionary thinking is what WNY needs as to its infrastructure.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

I liked the idea of putting the whole operation over on the other side of the border (where there is ample space and growing infrastructure to support it.) If I remember correctly Canada was already on board. But somehow it helps the terrorist. . .
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

I don't think that an underground truck terminal is feasible. The objections to the truck plaza now is primarily about the diesel fumes from idling trucks that would impact nearby neighborhoods. An underground terminal would make these fumes multiple times worse inside the terminal, and then they would still have to be exhausted outside -- into the neighborhood -- anyways.

I think that the truck plaza on the Canadian side is a much better solution.

I say, put the whole flippin' thing underground. Put the truck plaza underground, build a tunnel to Canada (no icy bridge to contend with in wicked weather), and if they want, they can put another truck plaza on the Canadian side too. That would keep everybody happy - well, except those claustrophobic folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    I don't think that an underground truck terminal is feasible. The objections to the truck plaza now is primarily about the diesel fumes from idling trucks that would impact nearby neighborhoods. An underground terminal would make these fumes multiple times worse inside the terminal, and then they would still have to be exhausted outside -- into the neighborhood -- anyways.
    And the cost would be astronomical.
    Creative ideas are great, but cost is a constraint.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    And the cost would be astronomical.
    Creative ideas are great, but cost is a constraint.
    Still in the end i could be cost effective.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Thread Information