Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your auto insurance going up...

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat
    I've played through every R&C game except that one. No PS3 yet, but I have a Wii and a 360 (mostly for media center). If you liked Mario 64 then you'd probably like mario galaxy. It's at about the same level of fun.
    I haven't played any of the other ones but this is literally like playing a Pixar movie, circa Toy Story 2. Fantastic.

Sorry about jacking the thread
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Quote Originally Posted by colossus27
    I haven't played any of the other ones but this is literally like playing a Pixar movie, circa Toy Story 2. Fantastic.
    The graphics aren't as good in the other ones, but the humor and fun are still there. With the backwards compatability of the PS3, you should definately check out 'Up Your Arsenal' and 'Going Commando'.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus27
    Sorry about jacking the thread
    Same here

Another reduction

Another choice for reducing your insurance premium is to have the DMV etch your VIN # on all of the glass.

This is a free service from the DMV and they generally do them a few times a year at UB North Campus, as well as other locations.

I'll post the next time I hear about one. They are quite under-attended in my experience, and it takes about 30 minutes to have the etching done.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeWNY
    Another choice for reducing your insurance premium is to have the DMV etch your VIN # on all of the glass.
    How much does that typically affect your premium?

The problem with taking the driver sfety course is if you paty for it your savings go out the window because their equal to the cost of the course!

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat
    How much does that typically affect your premium?
    I believe that mine was either 5 or 10 percent. They acid etch the vin to deter car thieves from stealing your vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    The problem with taking the driver sfety course is if you paty for it your savings go out the window because their equal to the cost of the course!
    I guess it depends on who offers it. I've seen it offered as low as $15 through community education offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    That's simply untrue. I believe the cost of the course is between $35 and $50, and the course is good for 3 years. I think that in NYS, that saves you around 15% on your annual liability premium on each car insured. On an annual $300 liability bill, that's a savings of $45 a year. On a $500 bill, it's $75. If you take the course to get points off your license or to have a speeding ticket reduced, you will save a whole lot more.

Some insurers also give discounts on collision coverage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    That's simply untrue. I believe the cost of the course is between $35 and $50, and the course is good for 3 years. I think that in NYS, that saves you around 15% on your annual liability premium on each car insured. On an annual $300 liability bill, that's a savings of $45 a year. On a $500 bill, it's $75. If you take the course to get points off your license or to have a speeding ticket reduced, you will save a whole lot more.

Some insurers also give discounts on collision coverage as well.
    Its 10%---Through community organizations you can find it for around $50---I looked some up. Luckily I have no speeding tickets or accidents!

Auto insurers now calculate premiums based on your credit report. It's a dirty little industry secret, but the way it was explained to me is that there is correlation between people with sub-par credit causing collisions and making claims. Who would have thought?

Check your credit report for inaccuracies. Go to the Federal Trade Commissions website (FTC.org) and search the link for the free credit report. NOte that the FTC is the only legitimate source that offers a link to the truly free report. Get a report from one of the 3 providers. You can dispute any inaccuracy online and they supposedly will investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun
    Auto insurers now calculate premiums based on your credit report. It's a dirty little industry secret, but the way it was explained to me is that there is correlation between people with sub-par credit causing collisions and making claims. Who would have thought?

Check your credit report for inaccuracies. Go to the Federal Trade Commissions website (FTC.org) and search the link for the free credit report. NOte that the FTC is the only legitimate source that offers a link to the truly free report. Get a report from one of the 3 providers. You can dispute any inaccuracy online and they supposedly will investigate.
    Its based on your credit with prior insurers. They can't check your total credit report out but they can check past payment history on your insurance. Which should be illegal because in Ny they take away your license for dropping insurance coverage as well as your plates & registration.
    I just updated my credit report and in about 40 days or so they investigated and updated my credit report. Its very confusing--probably intentionally but they did their job.

Nothing wrong with shopping for new insurance every four years or so. My rates were going up up $60 per year. It's a gradual increase and they're hoping you won't notice. There were no MVA's, no tickets, no losses - no apparent reason to raise premiums other than corporate greed.

Unregistered

Auto insurance continued...

------

Unregistered

OK. How come I did not sign in but that

message did go through???

Unregistered

Auto insurance again and about GEICO

It isn't only the insurance agencies that get into your credit rating. Most would be surprised to know how many can who have no business to. And when they do, it isn't only one section they have access to!..

ONLY THE PERSON TAKING THE COURSE pays $35 to $50 for the course and spend so many hours going over what is already known when that driver has been driving SAFELY for years and won't learn anything new. It should not be a social event. People can manage socially on their own!

That single driver's insurance will go down 10% FOR ONLY THREE YEARS bases solely on the insurance rate for ONLY the person taking the course, and, I think, only one vehicle...

Any additional drivers will be AN ADDITIONAL $35 to $50 expense every three years (including additional vehicles?) with another 10% reduction on the same household auto insurance policy.

Unless the driver is quite old, which at 55 and 65 years drivers are not the samed sort of "old" as someone 80 or 90, a FREE refresher course could be mandated for ALL drivers every so many years--5?

Besides both boys and girls now being considered liabilities until they have proven their driving abilities after a few years, or if they are married, which being married young is not proof of good judgement, it is the drivers in their 40s who are most in need of refreshment driving.

One thing about driving for 5 years at a time is that even good drivers get set in their ways and need to refresh their thinking. Six hours takes a big bite out of anyone's free time though. It also does not actually take six hours.

I've done the course minus accidents or marks. It could have been done in two hours. Not only that, but the instructor was a fraud not qualified to give the course!!!

The full shot of six hours should be required after a mark or accident--very different reason for having to take the course AND PAYING FOR IT.

My dad drove at least 60 years minus any accidents or marks!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside form teenagers being unproven drivers, and girls now being placed in the catagory of unsafe as well as boys, it is actually drivers in their 40s who
    are the most likely to have accidents and need refresher courses. Anybody aleady know that?

If you shop for insurance every 4 years, you don't get that "forgiveness" thing that many carriers tote as a reason for staying with one insurer for ever, but, if you have an accident, will being forgiven mean being forgotten when client-culling from the "herd" means dropping clients for ANY reason?
    -----
    The same with home coverage. There was widespread snowstorm damage in WNY a few years ago. Everyone who had damage, no matter how small, was "advised" to report it and have it repaired with reassurance there would be NO RECORD AGAINST THE HOMEOWNER. When the insurance carriers say to cull though, the agents are told to use ALL information of payouts.

The insurance carriers' singular reason after that particular snowstorm for
    encouraging people to report any damage was so that that damage would not grow worse later, but, the insurance carrier telling the people it would not score against them was a roose...
    -----
    How many complaints has GEICO received so that it sounds as if they changed their tactics and even give money back?

GEICO denies that their TV ads (not written ads which people can save) say that no agent is involved so the cost to the public is less. That leads the public to believe that the cost would BE less, but, when questioned out of print, it comes up that GEICO certainly does use agents!

If GEICO needs to advertise often for new applicants, does that mean that people who actually got through their stringent barriers to get to a good paying job with benefits would want to leave often? Here in WNY where good jobs are near impossible to find???
    -----
    It will always be true that word-of-mouth is the best advertisement. Needing to advertise by tooting an expensive horn still means either people are not interested on their own, or, as in the case of lawyers, that the law firms can pick and choose and leave many hanging......

----------
    --> --> -->goal surpassing in progress-->

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information