Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this true about her ??

Question Is this true about her ??

This info came in an Email and it's possible facts about her I have never heard before. Anybody else know this ??

Bill says: "In law school Hillary worked on legal services for the poor." The facts are: Hillary's main extra-curricular activity in law school was helping the Black Panthers, on trial in Connecticut for torturing and killing a federal agent. She went to court every day as part of a law student monitoring committee trying to spot civil rights violations and develop grounds for appeal.

Bill says: "Hillary spent a year after graduation working on a children's rights project for poor kids." The facts are: Hillary interned with Bob Truehaft, the head of the California Communist Party. She met Bob when he represented the Panthers and traveled all the way to San Francisco to take an internship with him.

Bill says: "Hillary could have written her own job ticket, but she turned down all the lucrative job offers." The facts are: She flunked the DC bar exam, yes, flunked, it is a matter of record, and only passed the Arkansas bar. She had no job offers in Arkansas, none, and only got hired by the University of Arkansas Law School at Fayetteville because Bill was already teaching there. She did not join the prestigious Rose Law Firm until Bill became Arkansas Attorney General and was made a partner only after he was elected Arkansas Governor.

Bill says: "President Carter appointed Hillary to the Legal Services Board of Directors and she became its chairman." The facts are: The appointment was in exchange for Bill's support for Carter in his 1980 primary against Ted Kennedy. Hillary then became chairman in a coup in which she won a majority away from Carter's choice to be chairman.

Bill says: "She served on the board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital." The facts are: Yes she did. But her main board activity, not mentioned by Bill, was to sit on the Walmart board of directors, for a substantial fee. She was silent about their labor and health care practices.

Bill says:"Hillary didn't succeed at getting health care for all Americans in 1994 but she kept working at it and helped to create the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that provides five million children with health insurance." The facts are: Hillary had nothing to do with creating CHIP. It was included in the budget deal between Clinton and Republican Majority Leader Senator Trent Lott. The money came half from the budget deal and half from the Attorney Generals' tobacco settlement. Hillary had nothing to do with either source of funds.

Bill says: "Hillary was the face of America all over the world." The facts are: Her visits were part of a program to get her out of town so that Bill would not appear weak by feeding stories that Hillary was running the White House. Her visits abroad were entirely touristic and symbolic and there was no substantive diplomacy on any of them.

Bill says: "Hillary was an excellent Senator who kept fighting for children's and women's issues." The facts are: Other than totally meaningless legislation like changing the names on courthouses and post offices, she has passed only four substantive pieces of legislation. One set up a national park in Puerto Rico. A second provided respite care for family members helping their relatives through Alzheimer's or other conditions. And two were routine bills to aid 911 victims and responders which were sponsored by the entire NY delegation. Presently she is trying to have the US memorialize the Woodstock fiasco of 40 years ago.

What Bill does not say about Hillary is that she has done everything possible to weaken the President and our country (that's you and me!) when it comes to the war on terror:

1. She wants to close GITMO and move the combatants
    to the USA where they would have access to our legal system.

2. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of suspected Al Qaeda phone
    calls to/from the USA.

3. She wants to grant constitutional rights to enemy combatants
    captured on the battlefield.

4. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of money
    transfers between suspected Al Qaeda cells and supporters in the USA.

5. She wants to eliminate the type of interrogation tactics used by
    the military & CIA where coercion might be used when
    questioning known terrorists even though such tactics might
    save American lives.

Think before you cast that ballot.

The first few paragraphs of "facts" are pretty much speculation, unable to be substantiated. Can you really say for sure what anyone's internal motives are? No, you can only guess. If you don't like Sen Clinton (which apparently the author doesn't) you'll naturally assume the worst.

But the numbers:

1) (hopefully) TRUE! Good for her. The adminitration and practices of the GITMO prison have been a disgrace to our country and its supposed model justice system.

2) FALSE! She wants monitoring to be under the jurisdiction of courts, like current law prescribes it to be.

3) FALSE! No one has said anything about full Constitutional rights.
    However, since when do we not support the right to due process for everyone? I believe there are international treaties to that effect as well.

4) FALSE! Again, she wants court jurisdiction of all governmental monitoring activity. Again, as our laws dictate (including the Constitution).

5) FALSE! Yes, she wants to stop torture. So do most experts. The verdict: TORTURE DOESN'T WORK!!!
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    TORTURE DOESN'T WORK!!!

Are you calling John McCain a liar?

If you were captured you'd talk. If I were captured I'd talk. We can both pretend we'd make up some crazy story and feed them false info...Until of course they caught on when our stories changed. Then we'd tell them what they wanted to know. You know why that is? Because we're human, and neither of us wants to get tortured.

Torture works.

Depending on who asked Hillary about any of the 5 previously mentioned points you'd more than likely get 5 different answers. In other words, she caters to audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd

If you were captured you'd talk. If I were captured I'd talk. We can both pretend we'd make up some crazy story and feed them false info...Until of course they caught on when our stories changed. Then we'd tell them what they wanted to know. You know why that is? Because we're human, and neither of us wants to get tortured.

Torture works.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...?nav=rss_world

There is almost no scientific evidence to back up the U.S. intelligence community's use of controversial interrogation techniques in the fight against terrorism, and experts believe some painful and coercive approaches could hinder the ability to get good information, according to a new report from an intelligence advisory group.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

There is almost no scientific evidence to back up the U.S. intelligence community's use of controversial interrogation techniques in the fight against terrorism, and experts believe some painful and coercive approaches could hinder the ability to get good information, according to a new report from an intelligence advisory group.

Do you believe that it would be used if it didn't work? We can joke about what an oxymoron "Intelligence" Agencies are, but do you honestly believe that they'd hinder their own investigations by using torture if it didn't work more often than not?
    I know you won't resort to it, but more often than not people will attempt to frame my arguement as though I'm pushing for no holds barred torture. I'm simply pointing out that it does work, and that's why it's still used. I'll readily admit it's not 100% fool proof or even 51% fool proof. It should never be a first option, but it should never be off of the table.

Also, say for example you actually did believe it worked (like me), what are the chances you'd see articles from intelligence agencies and former intelligence pro's claiming it worked and has been proven to work? It's just not going to happen, nobody airs that type of dirty laundry, nor should they.

How can John McCain have given in to torture, admit it, and then claim otherwise****EDIT****this was misleading, by "claim otherwise" I meant to say "Claimed it doesn't work"***? I'm not faulting him for giving in, quite the contrary. He held out longer than I would have.
    Last edited by FisherRd; November 30th, 2007 at 03:08 PM.

Is it me or does Hiliary look more and more like Jack Nicholson as The Joker in Batman!

Here is the background on the guy who chaired this committee, Dr. Robert A. Fein:

- In 1998, he was a Psychologist for the U.S. Secret Service,
    U.S. Department of the Treasury.

- In 2002, he was the Director of the National Violence Prevention and Study Center.

- A 2005 Harvard study supported the selective use of “highly coercive” techniques.

- "The director of the science board project, Robert A. Fein, a forensic psychologist at Harvard, declined to speak on the record infront of the 9/11 Commission in May 2007."

Seems a little odd that the 2005 Havard study supported the use of "highly coercive" techniques, but Dr. Fein is arguing agains these techniques. He even chose not to speak on the record about it.... Something seems odd about this guy. Maybe its because he is a psychologist?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd

Torture works.
    QFT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    Is it me or does Hiliary look more and more like Jack Nicholson as The Joker in Batman!
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    I thought it was just you & mesue, but after taking a look, I think you're right...

You should post this in the "Separated at birth" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    I thought it was just you & mesue, but after taking a look, I think you're right...

First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

#12 was actually a mistake, I corrected it, but then I found this picture...took me a moment to figure it out

Now she's focusing on winning the male vote

Quote Originally Posted by gonerail
    This info came in an Email and it's possible facts about her I have never heard before. Anybody else know this ??

Bill says: "In law school Hillary worked on legal services for the poor." The facts are: Hillary's main extra-curricular activity in law school was helping the Black Panthers, on trial in Connecticut for torturing and killing a federal agent. She went to court every day as part of a law student monitoring committee trying to spot civil rights violations and develop grounds for appeal.

Bill says: "Hillary spent a year after graduation working on a children's rights project for poor kids." The facts are: Hillary interned with Bob Truehaft, the head of the California Communist Party. She met Bob when he represented the Panthers and traveled all the way to San Francisco to take an internship with him.

Bill says: "Hillary could have written her own job ticket, but she turned down all the lucrative job offers." The facts are: She flunked the DC bar exam, yes, flunked, it is a matter of record, and only passed the Arkansas bar. She had no job offers in Arkansas, none, and only got hired by the University of Arkansas Law School at Fayetteville because Bill was already teaching there. She did not join the prestigious Rose Law Firm until Bill became Arkansas Attorney General and was made a partner only after he was elected Arkansas Governor.

Bill says: "President Carter appointed Hillary to the Legal Services Board of Directors and she became its chairman." The facts are: The appointment was in exchange for Bill's support for Carter in his 1980 primary against Ted Kennedy. Hillary then became chairman in a coup in which she won a majority away from Carter's choice to be chairman.

Bill says: "She served on the board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital." The facts are: Yes she did. But her main board activity, not mentioned by Bill, was to sit on the Walmart board of directors, for a substantial fee. She was silent about their labor and health care practices.

Bill says:"Hillary didn't succeed at getting health care for all Americans in 1994 but she kept working at it and helped to create the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that provides five million children with health insurance." The facts are: Hillary had nothing to do with creating CHIP. It was included in the budget deal between Clinton and Republican Majority Leader Senator Trent Lott. The money came half from the budget deal and half from the Attorney Generals' tobacco settlement. Hillary had nothing to do with either source of funds.

Bill says: "Hillary was the face of America all over the world." The facts are: Her visits were part of a program to get her out of town so that Bill would not appear weak by feeding stories that Hillary was running the White House. Her visits abroad were entirely touristic and symbolic and there was no substantive diplomacy on any of them.

Bill says: "Hillary was an excellent Senator who kept fighting for children's and women's issues." The facts are: Other than totally meaningless legislation like changing the names on courthouses and post offices, she has passed only four substantive pieces of legislation. One set up a national park in Puerto Rico. A second provided respite care for family members helping their relatives through Alzheimer's or other conditions. And two were routine bills to aid 911 victims and responders which were sponsored by the entire NY delegation. Presently she is trying to have the US memorialize the Woodstock fiasco of 40 years ago.

What Bill does not say about Hillary is that she has done everything possible to weaken the President and our country (that's you and me!) when it comes to the war on terror:

1. She wants to close GITMO and move the combatants
    to the USA where they would have access to our legal system.

2. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of suspected Al Qaeda phone
    calls to/from the USA.

3. She wants to grant constitutional rights to enemy combatants
    captured on the battlefield.

4. She wants to eliminate the monitoring of money
    transfers between suspected Al Qaeda cells and supporters in the USA.

5. She wants to eliminate the type of interrogation tactics used by
    the military & CIA where coercion might be used when
    questioning known terrorists even though such tactics might
    save American lives.

Think before you cast that ballot.

It's shocking to me that you're so willing to believe something you got in an email that, it appears, provides no factual information to prove its alleged "facts."

Without any backup information, this is just the lastest version of swift boating. So how about you take a little time and include some source information, assuming, of course, that you would like this to be a credible post.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information