Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you do this too?

Do you do this too?

--Speak out loud to yourself while you are cooking, such as by saying, "And now I am going brown the ground beef while the sauce is simmering..." as if you are hosting your own cooking show? ...Even though there is no one else in the room?

--Spread your lips open and grimace to yourself in the mirror for a full five minutes before you start brushing your teeth?

--Accidentally say "your welcome" after someone blesses you when you sneeze?
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

It's OK, Achbek... we know you're odd.
    You don't have to keep proving it to us.

God bless you.
    You're welcome.

Yeah...everyone does that.

When Im applying makeup( When Im forced to look presentable) I give instruction on how to apply mascara etc. When my daughters were younger they would sit and listen now they just laugh at me..
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

No but I have conversations under my breath in theshower, and my gf knocks on the door, thinking I'm "doing something"

lol
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I say "Excuse me" almost everytime I bump into an inanimate object.

Who doesn't talk to themselves?

This kind of reminds me of Bill Murray in Caddyshack, when he's hacking away at the flowers with his weed trimmer.

I usually talk to myself when I'm sleeping. My wife wakes me up and asks me why. I tell her it's because no one will talk to me when I'm awake.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    --Speak out loud to yourself while you are cooking, such as by saying, "And now I am going brown the ground beef while the sauce is simmering..." as if you are hosting your own cooking show? ...Even though there is no one else in the room?...
    Only when I cut myself, then I say "Save the liver!"
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I don't consider talking to myself to be "talking to myself;" I wouldn't want to demean myself like that, because it's usually a pretty interesting debate.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    Only when I cut myself, then I say "Save the liver!"
    Cutting has been described by therapists as a natural drug in that it released endorphins to the brain immediately following the cutting. However, in the long run, cutting can lead to more severe depression and also can cause permanent physical damage. Cutting sometimes is accompanied by head banging, burning, or other self-destructive behaviors like going to church.
    Despite some of the close minded definitions, most of the characteristics of cutters are the same as those with eating disorders. Cutters tend to be perfectionists, and often are white, middle class females, although not all cutters come from this background.
    Cutting often is a result of depression, and some view it as a way to release emotional pain when it feels like you would explode otherwise. Although many people think that those with depression have experienced huge tramas in their lives, this is not necessarily the case. Depression is a disease, just like diabetes is a disease. It can strike anyone, regardless of their gender, class, or social status. Cutting is not something to mess around with. However ,it is naive to dismiss cutting as simply a way to get attention. It is also naive to scorn those who seem to have perfect lives as being stupid for cutting. People do not choose to be depressed or brainwashed by the jesus consciousness.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell
    Who doesn't talk to themselves?

This kind of reminds me of Bill Murray in Caddyshack, when he's hacking away at the flowers with his weed trimmer.

I usually talk to myself when I'm sleeping. My wife wakes me up and asks me why. I tell her it's because no one will talk to me when I'm awake.
    That was funny
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

--Sing church hymns to yourself to ward off anxiety when driving long distances on the thruway?
    --Read the phone book for fun?
    --When shopping, deliberately reaching for the item on the far back of the shelf because you feel like the ones towards the front of the shelf have been "ruined" by being touched by human hands?
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

--When buying a stuffed animal hold up several of them and compare faces so that you may buy the one with the "sweetest" looking face?

Do you notice that because they are each sewn differently, some appear "sinister" and some seem to be more chipper?

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    --When buying a stuffed animal hold up several of them and compare faces so that you may buy the one with the "sweetest" looking face?

Do you notice that because they are each sewn differently, some appear "sinister" and some seem to be more chipper?
    I've never bought a stuffed toy in my life. I bought a stuffed crust pizza once, but I ate it.

There's a guy at the Allentown art festival that sells earie, sinister, and bizarre stuffed dolls and creatures. Does anyone know more about him? Achbek1 might get a kick out of seeing some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvan_fettle
    Cutting has been described by therapists as a natural drug in that it released endorphins to the brain immediately following the cutting. However, in the long run, cutting can lead to more severe depression and also can cause permanent physical damage. Cutting sometimes is accompanied by head banging, burning, or other self-destructive behaviors like going to church.
    Despite some of the close minded definitions, most of the characteristics of cutters are the same as those with eating disorders. Cutters tend to be perfectionists, and often are white, middle class females, although not all cutters come from this background.
    Cutting often is a result of depression, and some view it as a way to release emotional pain when it feels like you would explode otherwise. Although many people think that those with depression have experienced huge tramas in their lives, this is not necessarily the case. Depression is a disease, just like diabetes is a disease. It can strike anyone, regardless of their gender, class, or social status. Cutting is not something to mess around with. However ,it is naive to dismiss cutting as simply a way to get attention. It is also naive to scorn those who seem to have perfect lives as being stupid for cutting. People do not choose to be depressed or brainwashed by the jesus consciousness.

LOL
    You don't cut yourself slicing potatoes?
    Or that reference just went way over your head? I thought you were older, given the callousness of your heart, and would know where the phrase "Save the liver" came from. Apparently not. You can choose to take, yet another, pointless jab at my love for the Lord Jesus Christ if that makes you feel better. It has no bearing on me or my mental or emotional stability.
    Last edited by mesue; November 28th, 2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: i kain't spel
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information