Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Races - Brown Disaster or Hoyt Victory

City Races - Brown Disaster or Hoyt Victory

Peter Savage and Jessica Megglietto both lost their respective council races (each were heavily supported financially and politically by team Brown/Casey). Coupled with the victory of David Franczyk the council shall remain independent (mostly) of Lord Byron.

Is this an indictment on the Brown administration or a show of strength by Sam Hoyt?

Both. But the Common Council isnt independent. They listen to their puppet masters anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    Both. But the Common Council isnt independent. They listen to their puppet masters anyways!
    thats true, but at least the puppet master is not the other branch of city government. casey's dream of having a pliant council is not only stupid for the city, its patently undemocratic on an operational level. its fine to pick and support candidates. but when your stated goal is, in effect, a "rubberstamp" council that will not second guess the mayors policies and decisions, thats not good government.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    thats true, but at least the puppet master is not the other branch of city government. casey's dream of having a pliant council is not only stupid for the city, its patently undemocratic on an operational level. its fine to pick and support candidates. but when your stated goal is, in effect, a "rubberstamp" council that will not second guess the mayors policies and decisions, thats not good government.
    I also agree 100%.

But I feel that this was more a show of strength by Hoyt. This is due mostly to the Delaware race. Brown/Casey invested an enormous amount of time, money and countless political operatives on this race. They were killed even though BIll Buyers' machine was in effect.

I would not be surprised if Sam Hoyt gets "primaried" by another Brown/Casey stooge.

Who cares! Due to the control board the council is an impotent entity with no influence on public policy.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

lol

I must have received the Maglietto campaign flyer in my mailbox every day for the past week, up until election day

One time somebody had even handwritten something along the lines of "Troll, sorry we missed you! Vote for my daughter on primary day!"

They sure spent some $$ printing up the ads.
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

Unregistered

thats what our founding fathers wanted split government

split government means that different parties control the executive branch and the legislative branch

its very sad that Buffalo is so corrupt, incestuous, myopic and incompetitent that we are lucky to settle for the common council being led by an independent minded group of democrats not controlled by the mayor even though they are in the same party.

its not what the founding fathers wanted...but its the best buffalo is going to be able to do...since state government is that independent either. The whole state is dominated by the democratic party...youd think that would be good...the democratic party has the mandate to do everything it wants...

yeah...and its destroyed 90% of the state !

Unregistered

well considering BuffStates female minority patronage appointment: Howard

well considering BuffStates female minority patronage appointment: Howard

Im glad that Lord Byron isnt able to control the common council....lord byron is of the same cloth as Howard over at Buffalo State....well dressed well quoiffed do nothing, accomplish nothing, plan nothing, promote nothing take credit for everything!

Howard....when are you going to get your ..... ass out of Buffalo State!

Townsfolk
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    Howard....when are you going to get your ..... ass out of Buffalo State!
    She's there as long as she wants to be. The same can be said for the Dean of the Graduate School of Education at UB.

You don't remove a woman, especially a black woman, from a leadership position in higher education without the likelihood of a lawsuit, no matter how incompetent she is.

Yeah, and we can have incompetent white people run our country just fine...and we can't remove them without a lawsuit...but wait the pres. can remove whatever judges he wants because he's above the law.
    Last edited by Genoobie; September 21st, 2007 at 10:04 AM.

good point

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie
    Yeah, and we can have incompetent white people run our country just fine...and we can't remove them without a lawsuit...but wait the pres. can remove whatever judges he wants because he's above the law.

Good Point

Bush Jr. is a train wreck. Created a needless War which has cost almost 4,000 dead and 500+ billion dollars and is proud of it

What a dope ! Anyone who supports him is a bigger dope

Yes-- I served in Vietnam in 1971 I know a little about unwinable wars

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    Peter Savage and Jessica Megglietto both lost their respective council races (each were heavily supported financially and politically by team Brown/Casey). Coupled with the victory of David Franczyk the council shall remain independent (mostly) of Lord Byron.

Is this an indictment on the Brown administration or a show of strength by Sam Hoyt?
    It's many things. A tremendously wonderful blow to the Bog Hoss Lord Byron administration; they tried to flew their muscles and got punched out.
    And, by default, even if he didn't directly have all the needed influence on the outcome, it's a showing of strength for Hoyt.
    And also good finally winning over evil.

Unregistered

Yes but the public can put a spotlight on her and make her scurry like a roach

Quote Originally Posted by Townsfolk
    She's there as long as she wants to be. The same can be said for the Dean of the Graduate School of Education at UB.

You don't remove a woman, especially a black woman, from a leadership position in higher education without the likelihood of a lawsuit, no matter how incompetent she is.
    Yes but the public can put a spotlight on her and make her scurry like the roach that she is.....if the public puts a spotlight on her and says we are holding her accountable....we can make an issue of it where she:
    1) leaves voluntarily
    2) is pushed out by the same people that appointed her
    3) gives up and does her job expanding Buffalo State 30%-40% like UB is doing.

I know many at UB who would like a partnership with Buffalo State where UB could focus on Research and Engineering while Buffalo State could focus on Development and Technology.

The fact that this hasnt happend and isnt happening under Howard says alot about what a stupid piece of crap Howard is in this position.

Plus turning down 10,000 students per year would turn Grant Street into a university avenue....and would pump $1 million to $5 million dollars into the westside and black rock neighborhoods!

You would think Golombek and the neighborhood associations would have something to say about Howard but Golombek is teaching over at Buffalo State and is getting quite cozy with Howard...I guess Golombek is looking for a State Retirement job when he leaves the common council...because in this matter Golombek could care less about his voting constituency. Golombek says that the 10,000 students being refused each year arent being refused because of capacity issues....the college doesnt have the room to accept them....their being refused because of standards....to which I say: BULL CRAP!

THOSE 10,000 STUDENTS BEING REFUSED EACH YEAR AT BUFFALO STATE ARE BEING REFUSED BECAUSE BUFFALO STATE ISNT GROWING LARGE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT ADDITIONAL STUDENTS! THATS HOWARDS FAULT TOO!

GOLOMBEK SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR BETRYING THE VOTING CONSTITUENCY THAT ELECTED HIM FOR A SECRET STATE RETIREMENT DEAL WITH HOWARD OVER AT BUFFALO STATE!

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloagain
    It's many things. A tremendously wonderful blow to the Bog Hoss Lord Byron administration; they tried to flew their muscles and got punched out.
    And, by default, even if he didn't directly have all the needed influence on the outcome, it's a showing of strength for Hoyt.
    And also good finally winning over evil.
    Although I have mentioned that I think it was more a show of strength by Hoyt, I was hoping that one would have made the argument that it was an indictment on Brown. I am just fed up with his nonsense and the overall adminstration.

I'm sick of hearing people say how great he is, I mean people are downright stupid! Look they voted for the status quo in Erie County again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information