Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Control Board

Control Board

Judge Cosgrove ruled in favor of the PBA regarding the pay freeze for city Cops. The city is expected to appeal the decision. I don't know on what grounds the appeal is based. It will be interesting as to what happens next. That the judge forced the city to live up to its end of a contract is nice to see. Maybe a contract, is actually a binding document ??

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Perhaps the judge is looking for votes from all the officers.

Re: Control Board

Originally posted by Deerhunter
    That the judge forced the city to live up to its end of a contract is nice to see. Maybe a contract, is actually a binding document ??
    Yeah, screw sacrifice during times of hardship. We got us a contract!

WOW

Pretty serious allegation regarding the Judge. And as far as making sacrifices, I did, I gave up a partner.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    According to what seems to be mentioned here you only gave up a two person patrol car if you all got raises. TO me that's NOT giving anything up.

Thumbs up DeerHunter

Deerhunter,
    Id like to be the first to CONGRADULATE you and your fellow Officers.

As for the City the City knew before the Contract was signed they were in trouble. They made the deal thinking they could pay it some how . So now Mr Mayor I say live up to the agreement you have made.

My WNY... If I walked into your Shop even though you gave me a price and I said I cant afford what you quoted me does this mean you should only except what I can give you? I dont think this is how it woud work.

A deal's a deal !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I lower my price on labor when i need to. If you were quoted for a product that was out of your price range that's two different things.

You are not forced to purchase from me where as these insane labor contracts force the tax payer to over pay for a lot of the labor which includes benefits.

Just more of a burden for WNY to bear.

When were you a Cop ?

That you would know what it is to give up a partner ? The City has wanted to implement 1 man cars for 10 yrs. The Union realized that in these tough times, maybe it was time to consider it. After negotiation, a deal was struck. Period.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You missed the point didn't you.

You state:

The Union realized that in these tough times, maybe it was time to consider it.
    Tough times from? FROM? the lack of jobs, increases medical cost and money.

So what do you do to help out?? You want a raise, you want no cut in benifits. raise/benefit cost = money.

Money is the issue why wny'ers are having it tough in some instances. You are adding to the burden.

You look at it anyway you want, but its a burden.

This burden is causing people to leave WNY and companies not to expand here which then makes it more expensive for who ever is left in the long run.

No companies, no jobs, no money, but you want your raise and won't take less. Even though taxes are a reason why companies leave NY to go to other states.

Not you personally, but the system has to give up things which actually cost money.

So now that the cops got their raises, where's the money gonna come from?
    Who's gonna lose their jobs so that the high and mighty unions can claim " a deal's a deal".

I guess people shouldnt take Civil Service Test. Because its a Burden on the Taxpayers.

As for giving things up we do give up. Take the City, Didnt they choose to go to 1 Insurance Comany?....... Yes they did. And the Police Officers didnt have to do this. In fact neither Union had to. But for the benefit of the City they Chad choosen to do this.

As for the Suburps like Cheektowaga. We did give up Insurance as well. And you know what ?........... It sucks

All this control board has done so far is spent my tax dollars to fight court cases to break contracts. They lost every time.
    That is really smart fiscal managment.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

and they are costing the city more

with their appeal. I guess some people want Cops to apologize for negotiating and then ratifying a contract. A contract that the City wanted. A contract that has already saved the city more than they anticipated. A contract that , if adhered to will exceed the number of retirees than initially forcasted. As far as where the money comes from, I ask, what happened to the 2 million the city saved by forcing Cops into one Health care provider. Look back in the News articles. The Cops weren't a party to it. It was forced, and you went along if you wanted any health coverage. Well that 2 million is somewhere. On top of that, the PBA lobbied Albany for 20 million in re-engineering funds last yr. The start up costs for the re-engineering was 8 million, for salaries, cars , computers, and related equiptment. Where did the remaining 12 million go ? There hasn't been any new buildings purchased or erected. In fact , the Louisiana St building was closed and combined into old #11. Central Booking is closed. Anyone catch Murray Lights editorial in Sundays paper ? PBA contract was good for city..." The Masiello agreement with the PBA looks better with the passage of time, and its critics, including CE Joel Giambra, were premature in their initial evaluation." Lastly, who took a pay cut when 32 Cops were laid off ?

You gotta start complaining about things like being "forced into 1 healthcare provider".
    Wake up dude, it's the way of the world.
    No one said it was gonna be easy (oh yeah, I forgot we're talking about civil service...never mind).

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: and they are costing the city more

[
    Lastly, who took a pay cut when 32 Cops were laid off ?
    No one did. Instead of a tiny pay cut across the board you allowed 32 of your officers to get laid off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information