Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all and may all your turkeys be Butterball!
    dono

Quote Originally Posted by Dvoakley
    Happy Thanksgiving to all and may all your turkeys be Butterball!

Role call...murray...present

Why thank you...you are a delightful person...I wish you and yours all the best...and may you be filled with stuffing.

Same to you Don. Hope your wife is doing good.

Happy Turkeyday to everyone. Hopefully it won't be as white as they are talking about, so travel will be good.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

1676 Thanksgiving Proclamation

"The Holy God having by a long and Continual Series of his Afflictive dispensations in and by the present Warr with the Heathen Natives of this land, written and brought to pass bitter things against his own Covenant people in this wilderness, yet so that we evidently discern that in the midst of his judgements he hath remembered mercy, having remembered his Footstool in the day of his sore displeasure against us for our sins, with many singular Intimations of his Fatherly Compassion, and regard; reserving many of our Towns from Desolation Threatened, and attempted by the Enemy, and giving us especially of late with many of our Confederates many signal Advantages against them, without such Disadvantage to ourselves as formerly we have been sensible of, if it be the Lord's mercy that we are not consumed, It certainly bespeaks our positive Thankfulness, when our Enemies are in any measure disappointed or destroyed; and fearing the Lord should take notice under so many Intimations of his returning mercy, we should be found an Insensible people, as not standing before Him with Thanksgiving, as well as lading him with our Complaints in the time of pressing Afflictions: The Council has thought meet to appoint and set apart the 29th day of this instant June, as a day of Solemn Thanksgiving and praise to God for such his Goodness and Favour, many Particulars of which mercy might be Instanced, but we doubt not those who are sensible of God's Afflictions, have been as diligent to espy him returning to us; and that the Lord may behold us as a People offering Praise and thereby glorifying Him; the Council doth commend it to the Respective Ministers, Elders and people of this Jurisdiction; Solemnly and seriously to keep the same Beseeching that being persuaded by the mercies of God we may all, even this whole people offer up our bodies and souls as a living and acceptable Service unto God by Jesus Christ."

An old post revisited. Happy Thanksgiving to all and have a safe trip if you will be traveling this Thursday. Snow is forecast for that day and driving could be a bit of a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

"The Holy God having by a long and Continual Series of his Afflictive dispensations in and by the present Warr with the Heathen Natives of this land, written and brought to pass bitter things against his own Covenant people in this wilderness, yet so that we evidently discern that in the midst of his judgements he hath remembered mercy, having remembered his Footstool in the day of his sore displeasure against us for our sins, with many singular Intimations of his Fatherly Compassion, and regard; reserving many of our Towns from Desolation Threatened, and attempted by the Enemy, and giving us especially of late with many of our Confederates many signal Advantages against them, without such Disadvantage to ourselves as formerly we have been sensible of, if it be the Lord's mercy that we are not consumed, It certainly bespeaks our positive Thankfulness, when our Enemies are in any measure disappointed or destroyed; and fearing the Lord should take notice under so many Intimations of his returning mercy, we should be found an Insensible people, as not standing before Him with Thanksgiving, as well as lading him with our Complaints in the time of pressing Afflictions: The Council has thought meet to appoint and set apart the 29th day of this instant June, as a day of Solemn Thanksgiving and praise to God for such his Goodness and Favour, many Particulars of which mercy might be Instanced, but we doubt not those who are sensible of God's Afflictions, have been as diligent to espy him returning to us; and that the Lord may behold us as a People offering Praise and thereby glorifying Him; the Council doth commend it to the Respective Ministers, Elders and people of this Jurisdiction; Solemnly and seriously to keep the same Beseeching that being persuaded by the mercies of God we may all, even this whole people offer up our bodies and souls as a living and acceptable Service unto God by Jesus Christ."

An old post revisited. Happy Thanksgiving to all and have a safe trip if you will be traveling this Thursday. Snow is forecast for that day and driving could be a bit of a challenge
    Thanks Commander Tom.

Anyone who follows that "insane" logic from 1676 has to be a complete idiot.

The holiday season is nothing but a commercialized way to condition people in materialisism and self absorption for the profit of the corrupt elitist authoritarians who are turning this so-called great land into a welfare and prison state. And if you have faith in your bible you will know that your god wants you oppressed and in love with your own enslavement. But you just skip those parts like a good obedient hypocrite dont you?

ps - I made my mom an apple pie with the apples I picked from the tree in my yard.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvan_fettle

The holiday season is nothing but a commercialized way to condition people in materialisism and self absorption for the profit of the corrupt elitist authoritarians who are turning this so-called great land into a welfare and prison state. And if you have faith in your bible you will know that your god wants you oppressed and in love with your own enslavement. But you just skip those parts like a good obedient hypocrite dont you?

ps - I made my mom an apple pie with the apples I picked from the tree in my yard.
    Your the best--I totally agree---An he does follow the 1676 logic--like most sheep in this area.

role call...murray...present

My mom made me minced meat pie....but now my dad is missing...hmmmm

Not even you will ruin this holiday Thanksgiving for me.
    You must have enjoyed it because you commented - Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Murray
    role call...murray...present

My mom made me minced meat pie....but now my dad is missing...hmmmm

...and there lies the reason the meat grinder is jammed and no longer works....!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley
    Happy Turkeyday to everyone. Hopefully it won't be as white as they are talking about, so travel will be good.
    What time do you want me for dinner, Smiley?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    What time do you want me for dinner, Smiley?
    Same as last year....Noon. Don't forget to bring the stuffing...
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information