Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to pay for a new Bills Stadium

How to pay for a new Bills Stadium

How to pay for a new Bills Stadium:
    Please post creative ways to fund a new stadium for the Bills. The only option that can not be used is tax dollars. For the sake of the conversation, the land is donated and all programs have to be paid off in 25 years. Also, the magic number is $700 Million.

http://www.cpprc.org/

Here's a good site that gives some insight about how the patriots did it.

Why would we build a new stadium after we've spent the last 15 years pumping millions into the current one?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Private Seat Licenses (PSL's) - In a projected indoor dome of 75,000 seats sell 40,000 PSL's @ $5,000 per license.
    Total Raised $200,000,000

Ticket Surcharge of $10.00 per ticket for 25 years. Average attendance is 65,000 for this part over the 25 years. Just for the 8 NFL games a year.
    Total Raised - $5.2 Million a Year or $130 Million over 25

Owner Contribution - Impossible to be as cheap as Ralph
    $100,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    Why would we build a new stadium after we've spent the last 15 years pumping millions into the current one?
    Because thats how we do things...backwards...But I think a fresh start would be the best bet.

Without private investments I don;t see how a stadium could be built without taxpayer money.

But with other establishments around a new staidum we could change the enviornment of downtown.

We made these improvements because we are being strong armed by Ralph Wilson. He could sell the team now but would rather collect all the food and beverage money, all the parking money and our tax money to line his pockets.
    The sooner he goes the better.

The new stadium will not work for any owner other then Ralph. This has been explained ad nauseam.

So either the Bills can leave when ownership changes or the new ownership gets a stadium with the necessary tools to make keeping them in Buffalo possible. Both options are fine but these are the only two options.

The point of this thread was to try and get creative on how to build the damn thing without sticking the bill to the taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    The new stadium will not work for any owner other then Ralph. This has been explained ad nauseam.

So either the Bills can leave when ownership changes or the new ownership gets a stadium with the necessary tools to make keeping them in Buffalo possible. Both options are fine but these are the only two options.

The point of this thread was to try and get creative on how to build the damn thing without sticking the bill to the taxpayer.
    I think we need community involvment either way---Besides private investors I see no way that a $700 million could be raised.

Naming rights to the stadium for 25 years. "The average annual value for the 12 deals that were signed last year or first took effect in 2006 is $5.25 million"

Total Raised - $137.5 Million over 25

Running total is $567.5 Million over 25 years
    Last edited by leftWNYbecauseofBS; November 13th, 2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: edit

To be realistic, there has to be some public investment. I would imagine some property tax exemptions would be necessary.

Does the NFL prohibit private corporations from owning an NFL team? What about an IPO for at least partial ownership of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    I think we need community involvment either way---Besides private investors I see no way that a $700 million could be raised.

I have $330 Million charged to just the fans who go to the game over 25 years.

I have $237.5 Million charged to Private Investors and Owners over 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    To be realistic, there has to be some public investment. I would imagine some property tax exemptions would be necessary.

Does the NFL prohibit private corporations from owning an NFL team? What about an IPO for at least partial ownership of the team?

Interesting idea but I am pretty sure they will not let it happen. Green Bay has a setup like this and the new owners will not let it happen again.
    If a company was setup, say Bills Inc, and offered an IPO they would have to disclose numbers to the public that they do not have to disclose today. At least one would think this.
    The closest thing to ownership that the average fan will see is PLS's where they own the ticketing rights to the seat. This has been done in several different areas and raised good money.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    I have $330 Million charged to just the fans who go to the game over 25 years.

I have $237.5 Million charged to Private Investors and Owners over 25 years.
    I know. I'm impressed. I'm defiantely not good at numbers but I can throw one hellof a stag party!

$700 million to replace a perfectly usable and recently updated stadium is absurd. Anyone who thinks taxpayers are not going to foot most, if not all, of that bill is kidding themselves.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Here are two sites which are very interesting.

This one is about the Jets proposed stadium.....
    http://www.house.gov/weiner/report22.htm

This one is about the Patriots stadium and how they borrowed $$ from the NFL.....

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE0DE103CF935A35756C0A96F9582 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print

$700 million to replace a perfectly usable and recently updated stadium is absurd. Anyone who thinks taxpayers are not going to foot most, if not all, of that bill is kidding themselves.

Dude are you reading this thread at all?

First off I said this was a discussion on how to fund a new stadium WITHOUT the use of TAXPAYERS dollars.

Secondly, I said it is fine for nothing to happen but the result will mean the Bills leave.

The only absurd thing is thinking the Bills will stay in Buffalo once ownership changes if nothing new is built.

Are you suggesting this?

Are you saying that the Bills should and could remain in Buffalo with a new owner who pays upwards of $600 million in the current stadium in OP?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information