Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The West Seneca Republican Party needs to be restored to the Republican ideals

The West Seneca Republican Party needs to be restored to the Republican ideals

It was with great disappointment that I learned from the WS GOP Chairman, Eric Paul, that the WS Committee endorsed two democrats for elective office in the Town of West Seneca. Specifically Wallace Piotrowski for the office of Supervisor and Gene Hart for Council Member (4 year term).

I cannot in good conscience support either person to run on the Republican line in the primary or general election for the simple fact that they are not in sympathy with the Republican party and its ideals because they are registered Democrats.

I enrolled in the Republican Party in 1984 and in doing so I pledged that I was in sympathy with the ideals of the Republican Party just as all of my fellow Republicans did. By being enrolled in the Democratic Party these two candidates likewise pledged that they are in sympathy with the Democratic Party which holds vastly different ideals than ours. I did not like it when the West Seneca Republican Party allowed Mr. Piotrowski, a Democrat, run for Town Supervisor on the Republican line in 2007, or that we allowed Joseph Lorigo for Town justice last November. I am not saying that the Republican Party must only run members, however to allow a person who is not a Republican run on our line that individual must possess some unique experience or talent that makes them an extraordinary candidate in some manner that is consistent with our ideals and not merely as a matter of course in the absence of a qualified Republican candidate.

When I say the West Seneca Republican Party I am not just referring to the town committee I am referring to all Republicans in the Town of West Seneca. We all share culpability for allowing this to occur, because it takes us to circulate and sign the petitions in order for the candidates that are not members of our party to get on our line.

I therefore urge my fellow Republicans in the Town of West Seneca to stand up and refuse to sign or circulate any petitions for these two candidates, or any other non-Republican, for them to appear on our party line this election cycle and all subsequent election cycles. I urge you to also circulate and sign petitions nominating fellow Republicans for these offices, not just this election cycle but each and every election and particularly for the next cycle that we select our committee members. Most importantly in our primary election we must support registered Republican candidates.

Our town party as reflected by its committee has been dysfunctional for too long. It is now time for those of us who find this continued pattern of relegating our line to Democratic dissidents repugnant to put an end to it by rising up to take back our committee and our line on the ballot.

This will not be easy, nor quick, because this cancer has been growing in our town party for a long time.

If you would like to join me in this endeavor please contact me by e-mail at warren.danielt@gmail.com or by mail at 836 Indian Church Road, West Seneca, NY 14224.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

1. Anyone can run on any line for the town justice with or without approval of the party unlike every other seat.
    2. I love how you liberally throw around the word, cancer, I'm embarrassed for you which is contradiction of your belief as a republican.

1. Anyone can run on any line for the town justice with or without approval of the party unlike every other seat.
    2. I love how you liberally throw around the word, cancer, I'm embarrassed for you which is contradiction of your belief as a republican.
    Do you have ADD or something?

No one can get on a party line without members of that party signing their petitions.

Now read the above line real slow so you can understand it.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Do you have ADD or something?

No one can get on a party line without members of that party signing their petitions.

Now read the above line real slow so you can understand it.
    I did not like it when the West Seneca Republican Party allowed Mr. Piotrowski, a Democrat, run for Town Supervisor on the Republican line in 2007, or that we allowed Joseph Lorigo for Town justice last November.
    Party is a reference to the leader and committee.

Again, you don't defend your liberal statement about "cancer"

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    I did not like it when the West Seneca Republican Party allowed Mr. Piotrowski, a Democrat, run for Town Supervisor on the Republican line in 2007, or that we allowed Joseph Lorigo for Town justice last November.
    Party is a reference to the leader and committee.

Again, you don't defend your liberal statement about "cancer"
    Do you practice being dense or does it come naturally? In the OP I specifically state:
    When I say the West Seneca Republican Party I am not just referring to the town committee I am referring to all Republicans in the Town of West Seneca. We all share culpability for allowing this to occur, because it takes us to circulate and sign the petitions in order for the candidates that are not members of our party to get on our line.
    You may want to re-read the orriginal post real slow a couple of times.

And only in your little myopic world is "cancer" a liberal word.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Do you practice being dense or does it come naturally? In the OP I specifically state:

You may want to re-read the orriginal post real slow a couple of times.

And only in your little myopic world is "cancer" a liberal word.
    Than why are you using the word so liberal? I believe someone with your education and law background wouldn't toss around the word so liberally.

I’ve been reading this site for a long time and no one has gotten me angry enough to actually post until now.

For all the advice Mr. Warren has, he also has a lot of hot air with no backing. For someone who always protests how bad of a job people are doing, I don’t ever recall seeing his name on a petition for any elected position, nor is he even a republican committee member. (At least I don’t think so by the sound of it) As an informed voter and republican, I don’t need him to tell me who to support….I support the person who is the most qualified for the job no matter what their party line…this isn’t the Hatfield’s and the McCoy’s….we all live in ONE community, not just his world. I think the republicans did the right thing endorsing Mr. Piotrowski and Mr. Hart….they are the most sensible, level headed and best businessmen running….have you ever seen Dale Clarke or Sheila Meegan perform at the board meetings….truly an embarrassment to the town of West Seneca the way they carry on and grandstand.

Mr. Warren also has a lot of nerve telling people who to vote for, who not to support or work for when he doesn’t do anything himself except condemn, criticize or complain……AND, I don’t believe he is even a true taxpayer…..living with mom and dad and paying them rent doesn’t count!

I’m tired of Mr. Warren wasting my hard-earned tax dollars on stupid and ridiculous lawsuits just so he can have things “his way”. If I recall correctly, he (and possibly those he supports) have had a number of lawsuits against the town for one reason or another and it is MY tax money that is paying to defend these decisions. I don’t think his pseudo law degree trumps the judges decisions. Hard to believe, but I think they have much more knowledge and experience in the area of law.

As for the word “cancer” Mr. Warren I can only HOPE and PRAY he never knows what that truly feels like!!!

In the general election you can vote for anyone you want, however a primary is a party election meaning that it is a vote by members of the same party as to who that party will run in the general election. As I noted with rare exceptions this should be a party member. if you are as informed as you claim to be this is not new to you, but yet you ignore this fact.

In fact for all we know you are not even a Republican.

As for being a taxpayer this was covered here before and I do not have to be a committee person to have a say in how the party I am a member of operates.

Quite frankly, if I was a democrat I would be requesting that their county chairman cancel the registrations of Mr. Piotrowski and Mr. Lorigo, they clearly are not in sympathy with the Demeocratic party.

And for the record my father died in 1989 from lung cancer, but he is still with me so I guess you can say a live with him. My mother however, does not live with me and my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by wsresident24 View Post
    I’ve been reading this site for a long time and no one has gotten me angry enough to actually post until now.

For all the advice Mr. Warren has, he also has a lot of hot air with no backing. For someone who always protests how bad of a job people are doing, I don’t ever recall seeing his name on a petition for any elected position, nor is he even a republican committee member. (At least I don’t think so by the sound of it) As an informed voter and republican, I don’t need him to tell me who to support….I support the person who is the most qualified for the job no matter what their party line…this isn’t the Hatfield’s and the McCoy’s….we all live in ONE community, not just his world. I think the republicans did the right thing endorsing Mr. Piotrowski and Mr. Hart….they are the most sensible, level headed and best businessmen running….have you ever seen Dale Clarke or Sheila Meegan perform at the board meetings….truly an embarrassment to the town of West Seneca the way they carry on and grandstand.

Mr. Warren also has a lot of nerve telling people who to vote for, who not to support or work for when he doesn’t do anything himself except condemn, criticize or complain……AND, I don’t believe he is even a true taxpayer…..living with mom and dad and paying them rent doesn’t count!

I’m tired of Mr. Warren wasting my hard-earned tax dollars on stupid and ridiculous lawsuits just so he can have things “his way”. If I recall correctly, he (and possibly those he supports) have had a number of lawsuits against the town for one reason or another and it is MY tax money that is paying to defend these decisions. I don’t think his pseudo law degree trumps the judges decisions. Hard to believe, but I think they have much more knowledge and experience in the area of law.

As for the word “cancer” Mr. Warren I can only HOPE and PRAY he never knows what that truly feels like!!!
    Amen Res24! I never actually understood why people make such a big deal about party affiliation in local elections anyway. It’s not like they are deciding on abortion or gun control or gay marriage rights at town board meetings. And isn’t it just possible that the Republicans endorsed Democrats because there weren’t any viable Republican candidates? But c’mon that’s not what this is about with Mr. Warren. He, along with his buddies, just have an animus toward Piotrowski. It begins and ends there. Funny how Warren is on here last weekend complaining about the GPS units and then Dale Clarke raises the same exact issues almost word for word at the town board meeting a few days later.

I love too how Clarke said in the bee that the Supervisor didn’t inform him. Since when is it not his own responsibility to stay informed on everything himself? He claims to be about the people but has spent the last several months grandstanding and taking every opportunity to bash Piotrowski instead of using valuable board meeting time to get down to business and get things done. This is totally the kind of guy I would want to take marching orders from and come on here and defend, and using my real name to do it no less. Just embarrassing.

The title of this thread should be West Seneca Republicans need Republicans to run for office. If a few registered republicans would get off their asses and run for office there would be no need to endorse a democrat now would there? The same applies for Cheektowaga, Lancaster and Lackawanna. You have nothing to bitch about unless YOU step up to the plate!

Republican ,Democrat, why have parties? Let's just call it Lorigo's revenge. He has his hand picked candidates in Piotrowski and Hart. Commenting on board meetings if Wally had his way everyone knows who pulls his string. I agree both Piotrowski and Hart should be removed from the West Seneca Democratic party, This is not Piotrowski's first time supporting candidates running against Democrats. Time for political parties to clean up their own house and remove individuals with their own agenda.

mng, Something:

I agree with you 100% and this is my first step and hopefully I can get others to take it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by SOMETHING SMELLS View Post
    Republican ,Democrat, why have parties? Let's just call it Lorigo's revenge. He has his hand picked candidates in Piotrowski and Hart. Commenting on board meetings if Wally had his way everyone knows who pulls his string. I agree both Piotrowski and Hart should be removed from the West Seneca Democratic party, This is not Piotrowski's first time supporting candidates running against Democrats. Time for political parties to clean up their own house and remove individuals with their own agenda.
    Totally agreeable. But if good people continue to refuse to step up and run this is what your left with. Or if you want the party can leave the slate empty and the opposition can continue to wreak havoc.Sometimes I think the party takes the lesser of 2 evils either though its not the most popular thing to do I suppose. The first step is joining the committee and changing the culture there.

I have to agree with WS24 - Mr Warren has all the answers but does not feel he has to put himself out there and take an active role in the Republican parties politics. And when you accuse him of anything, he gives you an answer that goes in circles and doesn't really address the matter. Why do you think that someone who is as educated as he tries to make us believe, is satisifed to sit on the sidelines and let others take up the cause while all he does is file lawsuits?!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information