Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware The Beggar @ Tops & Wegmans on Transit in Cheektowaga/Depew/Lancaster

Beware The Beggar @ Tops & Wegmans on Transit in Cheektowaga/Depew/Lancaster

Tops @ French/Transit and Wegmans at Losson/Transit:

There is a P.O.S. woman in her Late 30s(too kind maybe)? to Late 40s? who comes out of nowhere with a fake cry and story about how she ran out of gas, has no money, and someone near to her has been rushed to hospital and she needs to get there... If this woman approaches you, run her down! She tried this B.S. on my parents last week at Wegmans and yesterday at Tops. Although mom and dad told her to go to hell, they were startled to say the least. I'm sure she goes to all of the stores in the area where our elders shop. Within minutes of this last time at Tops, yesterday, I went looking for her to no avail. However, I did alert Both Tops and Wegmans. Maybe their security will catch this cretin. They should watch their parking lots as well as inside their stores.

it's an old scam....she'll be caught soon....always happens...

Somehow I find it comforting that the suburbanites are now being hassled for change and favors while out and about in the community. Looks like "poor and desperate" has finally made it's way to the 'burbs. Cheers.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

You have to give this lady an A for effort. In San Diego they do not even bother to talk to you. They just sit in the middle of the sidewalk with their head down and hat out. Cops move them but still.

Yesterday coming out of Church they were sitting in front of every exit. Most are so drunk they do not even know what is going on.

Gonzo - you seem pretty sheltered. There are beggars out there - Is this news to you? You seriously felt the need to chase her down?

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO

There is a P.O.S. woman in her Late 30s(too kind maybe)? to Late 40s? who comes out of nowhere with a fake cry and story about how she ran out of gas, has no money, and someone near to her has been rushed to hospital and she needs to get there... If this woman approaches you, run her down! She tried this B.S. on my parents last week at Wegmans and yesterday at Tops. Although mom and dad told her to go to hell, they were startled to say the least. I'm sure she goes to all of the stores in the area where our elders shop. Within minutes of this last time at Tops, yesterday, I went looking for her to no avail. However, I did alert Both Tops and Wegmans. Maybe their security will catch this cretin. They should watch their parking lots as well as inside their stores.
    Are you a medical doctor, or just call yourself "doctor".
    Just wondering.
    A while ago, before Lancaster was turned over to snobs, I used to see a woman pushing a shopping cart down Transit in that area.
    Lancaster used to be a pretty good place to live about 20 years ago. People were real nice and helped each other. Then they started building schwanky houses and the people buying them either never knew what it was like to need, or forgot what it was like.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Is it possible she's mentally ill? Off her medication, maybe?

Finally! Dr Gonzo and Raoul Duke are together again.

This is bat country!
    I am so omniscient - if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    Somehow I find it comforting that the suburbanites are now being hassled for change and favors while out and about in the community. Looks like "poor and desperate" has finally made it's way to the 'burbs. Cheers.
    Of course you do!

Now, don't forget to duck low when the bullets start flying in the 'hood tonight!

Bottom line, this person was trying to scam off the elderly. No different than the pretend police who try to empty someone's parents' bank account by telling them Billy needs a couple of thousand to make bail... Or the identity thief. Or the thug/thugs beating down an entire neighborhood of elderlies at all times of the day to steal what they might have left after lifetime of working. Or the whatever scammer. They are thieving P.O.S. who should be arrested.

Besides, what if this cretin was working with one or several others? While she's distracting, up comes someone from behind... Sorry, but I'm not going look the other way.

Through the years I've used some creative ways to fend off beggars or potential scam artists.

The funniest one was when a friend and I were leaving his apartment off of Delaware and some crazy lady tried to follow him across the street to my car, pretending that she needed help. I saw what was going on so I pretended to yell to my friend in Spanish. The only thing my friend knew how to say in Spanish was "no pango las manos dentre de la machina." So I kept yelling at him, as the crazy lady was following him and trying to talk to him, "Estamos tarde! Estamos tarde! Venga!" My friend meanwhile kept yelling back to me, "NO PANGO LOS MANOS DENTRE DE LA MACHINA!" The lady appeared dazed and then looked at my friend and said, "Oh, I'm sorry...? Sir, do you speak English?" To which my friend answered, "No... Little bit?"

She left us alone.

I've had that guy who follows people near the subway stations and pretends that his car broke down and he "needs a container for gas." The last time I saw him I told him to try Walgreens.

But seriously, if anyone is ever following you-- especially if you are a woman--- go to the nearest public building and walk inside. And always lock the back doors of your car. There was just an article in the news today about how some lady had a crazy teenage girl corner her in a parking lot and then the teenage girl jumped in the back door of the lady's car. The girl put a gun to the lady's head and forced her to drive her around.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I am going to go over to that Wegmans today for lunch. If that lady is there I'm going to fight her...

It's been going on for years--like the guy at the four way intersection who's 'run out of gas' and his wife and kids are in the van 'over there'--just needs a handful of change to get some gas. The next day he came up to my car and didn't recognize me, but I did him.

The guy on Hertel near Walgreen's who says his 10 yr old daughter is sick and would I come to the car? OH SURE!

They make it tough because there might be someone really in trouble and who I'd help in a heartbeat.

The best guy was on Elmwood ave around 8 years ago or so.

He was a black guy who was total disaster. He would come stumbling up to you. I (and everyone else) would already say NO before he can ask. Then he would say "Man, I was just going to ask you what time it was, your a racist." I used to laugh and tell him he was right and walk away--but I';m sure some people caved..he was amusing

The other guy was called the Change God. He would dance and shake around for change. He stunk but was overall a good guy--obviously mentally ill.

Growing up on Elmwood/Allentown area you sure got to see a wide variety of individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO

Funny, something similar happened to me on Long Island a few weeks ago (in Roslyn no less!). A pregnant women comes out of nowhere asking for money saying that she needs money to get to the hospital to visit her sick mother.

I told her, "Lady, look at the piece of crap car I drive, do I look like I can afford to give you money?"

She promptly went to the next person in the parking lot, who promptly gave her a $20 .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information