Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beware The Beggar @ Tops & Wegmans on Transit in Cheektowaga/Depew/Lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Does anyone here remember the guy who used to walk backwards, or even jog backwards, on the streets of Amherst? At first I thought he was just working out but then it seemed like something was wrong with him. He'd talk to himself, and go at a furious pace sometimes.

I haven't seen him for years. I never could decide whether he had mental health issues or if he really was just working out (alot!). He was a youngish guy -- maybe early 30s?
    I haven't seen that guy in a few years. We called him backwards man. He would wear work boots, jeans that were rolled up at the bottom and usually no shirt. We would see him everywhere walking backwards or sideways. I was stopped at a red light one day with my daughter in the back seat as he was walking by, backwards. She said to me "hey, that's wierd" "that guy has no shirt on". She had to be 5 or 6 years old. It's funny how someone with no shirt seems more strange to a child than someone walking down the street backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Yup. His name is Larry, I think, and he hangs around Quality Market on Main Street. I don't know anything about him but his hair is really, really long now. And really, really matted. Last I heard, the local merchants were still putting out winter coats, boots and stuff like that for him.
    I saw Larry last weekend and was amazed at how long his hair got. it is skimming his calves now...must be heavy, add that to his multi-layers and I'm surprised he's not on all fours.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information