Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware The Beggar @ Tops & Wegmans on Transit in Cheektowaga/Depew/Lancaster

Unregistered

Mesue:

Do you mean the black woman who pushed a cart from downtown Buffalo up to Transit--she had a dog with her? This was about ten/twelve years ago?

I remember seeing her. She was newsworthy. She owned a house in the suburbs but refused to live there. She set up housekeeping in an abandoned store near downtown.

I don't know if she is still alive. Her dog died. Her family and other good people were trying to look after her interests.

She was harmless.

Such beggars as the female in this post going after the sympathetic elderly are no longer harmless...

If people do not go after them as the other poster did because of his concern for his parents, professional beggars will increase and multiply; actually they already are.

----------
    --> --> -->goal surpassing in progress-->

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned in Buffalo
    Do you mean the black woman who pushed a cart from downtown Buffalo up to Transit--she had a dog with her? This was about ten/twelve years ago?

I remember seeing her. She was newsworthy. She owned a house in the suburbs but refused to live there. She set up housekeeping in an abandoned store near downtown.

I don't know if she is still alive. Her dog died. Her family and other good people were trying to look after her interests.

She was harmless.
    This might be the same homeless woman who left her husband and sons and came to Buffalo to live. After several years the family found her and wanted to bring her home. She refused and stayed here. Her picture showed her standing in the doorway of a store during a snowstorm.

Takes all kinds.

How about the little tiny black lady who wears all white from head to toe and wears sunglasses! She looks like flavor flav..its hysterical...the best part is that she does it on purpose so people think she's nuts and don't bother her.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned in Buffalo

She was harmless.

Such beggars as the female in this post going after the sympathetic elderly are no longer harmless...

If people do not go after them as the other poster did because of his concern for his parents, professional beggars will increase and multiply; actually they already are.

----------
    --> --> -->goal surpassing in progress-->
    I think that was her.
    You're right that professional beggars need to be stopped and the elderly need to be protected. That lady with her dog and cart were not in the ranks of "professional".
    I think they all need help in some sort of way.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Naw. She started wearing a little white 20-25 years ago, and gradually EVERYTHING, even sunglass frames, was white.

She doesn't beg, just really gets around. Everyone knows her. She's truly harmless. i hope no one ever hurts her. And if we're really patient, someone will write up her story someday.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    Naw. She started wearing a little white 20-25 years ago, and gradually EVERYTHING, even sunglass frames, was white.

She doesn't beg, just really gets around. Everyone knows her. She's truly harmless. i hope no one ever hurts her. And if we're really patient, someone will write up her story someday.
    She's the best---actually intelligent--she just does it so everyone thinks she's nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by speaker

Her name is Irene. She's a nice lady and has been written up before in Artvoice, I think. She's a widow and a retired nurse that has a phobia wherein she will only wear white clothes (though i have seen her with black sunglasses.) Also, she is not a panhandler.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Ah yeah... beggers, gotta love them. My favorite one was one of the guys who lived in one of the halfway houses on Franklin Street about 8 or 9 years ago. I ran the security for a private club down the street and I use to see this young guy running up and down Franklin, mostly on the way to the liquor store. The one day the club had a big event and the members were leaving, and you could tell that they had money by the fur coats and cars.
    So this guy starts approaching members with the story that his car ran out of gas and he needs some change to buy some so he can run his wife to the doctors or something to that effect. Well, I know where he lives, know that he doesn't have a car - otherwise he could drive to the liquor store instead of walk a few times a day, and I doubt very much that he's married. So I go over and shag him away from the members who are trying to get to their cars.
    He gets all bitchy, but he leaves and he heads over to Allen Street and walks around, so I know he's heading for the front door of the club to panhandle there. So as soon as I can get away, I cut through the club and go out the front door, and sure enough there he is, this time telling members he needs money for diapers for his kids. So I put a stop to that and make him leave again.
    About half-an-hour later, everyone's gone and I'm getting ready to leave. I go out the back door to Franklin and start to cross the street to the parking lot - and there's this guy again!
    Now, I'm basically armed to the teeth - duty-belt with sidearm, bodyarmor, uniform, big maglite flashlight that works pretty well as a baton -and that's just the crap you could see I had on me - and this guy has the balls to actually stop me as I going to my car.
    Then he tells me, since I shagged him away twice that day and prevented him from begging - that he thought I owed him some money!
    My basic response was that he'd better leave the property while he was able before I made up my mind if it would be more fun to beat him with my flashlight, or to just shoot him in the ass. I also advised him it might be a good idea for him not to return again, because by then I will have decided on a preference.
    I knew the old guy that owned the halfway house and about a week later I ran into him and told him what happened. He got a chuckle out of the story and he knew exactly which resident it was that I was talking about. He said alot of those guys living there were rough, but the one in question was the worse for aggressive panhandling.
    Ah... I miss those days, some of those guys were a source of endless entertainment most times.

This lady is obviously a scammer... But...Dont you ever wonder what if?
    What if it was you or someone you love that had an emergency?..Who would help them? About a year ago my husband was going into the gas station and this guy came up to him and told him he needed help..He had a baby at home and he needed formula for the baby..My husband gave him some money and when he came home and told me about it He asked me..Do you think the guy was lying? I said "you know it really doesnt matter now because you gave out of the kindness of your heart and god knows that and if he wasnt telling the truth it has no bearing on the good deed you did"
    If someone asks me for money for something to eat.. I would rather buy them some food. I know its hard to say no because its hard to tell who needs help and who doesnt.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chant
    Ah yeah... beggers, gotta love them. My favorite one was one of the guys who lived in one of the halfway houses on Franklin Street about 8 or 9 years ago. I ran the security for a private club down the street and I use to see this young guy running up and down Franklin, mostly on the way to the liquor store. The one day the club had a big event and the members were leaving, and you could tell that they had money by the fur coats and cars.
    So this guy starts approaching members with the story that his car ran out of gas and he needs some change to buy some so he can run his wife to the doctors or something to that effect. Well, I know where he lives, know that he doesn't have a car - otherwise he could drive to the liquor store instead of walk a few times a day, and I doubt very much that he's married. So I go over and shag him away from the members who are trying to get to their cars.
    He gets all bitchy, but he leaves and he heads over to Allen Street and walks around, so I know he's heading for the front door of the club to panhandle there. So as soon as I can get away, I cut through the club and go out the front door, and sure enough there he is, this time telling members he needs money for diapers for his kids. So I put a stop to that and make him leave again.
    About half-an-hour later, everyone's gone and I'm getting ready to leave. I go out the back door to Franklin and start to cross the street to the parking lot - and there's this guy again!
    Now, I'm basically armed to the teeth - duty-belt with sidearm, bodyarmor, uniform, big maglite flashlight that works pretty well as a baton -and that's just the crap you could see I had on me - and this guy has the balls to actually stop me as I going to my car.
    Then he tells me, since I shagged him away twice that day and prevented him from begging - that he thought I owed him some money!
    My basic response was that he'd better leave the property while he was able before I made up my mind if it would be more fun to beat him with my flashlight, or to just shoot him in the ass. I also advised him it might be a good idea for him not to return again, because by then I will have decided on a preference.
    I knew the old guy that owned the halfway house and about a week later I ran into him and told him what happened. He got a chuckle out of the story and he knew exactly which resident it was that I was talking about. He said alot of those guys living there were rough, but the one in question was the worse for aggressive panhandling.
    Ah... I miss those days, some of those guys were a source of endless entertainment most times.
    The "crippled" juggler & company?

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    Her name is Irene. She's a nice lady and has been written up before in Artvoice, I think. She's a widow and a retired nurse that has a phobia wherein she will only wear white clothes (though i have seen her with black sunglasses.) Also, she is not a panhandler.
    People in the Allentown area refer to her as the "Q Tip Lady"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele J
    This lady is obviously a scammer... But...Dont you ever wonder what if?
    What if it was you or someone you love that had an emergency?..Who would help them? About a year ago my husband was going into the gas station and this guy came up to him and told him he needed help..He had a baby at home and he needed formula for the baby..My husband gave him some money and when he came home and told me about it He asked me..Do you think the guy was lying? I said "you know it really doesnt matter now because you gave out of the kindness of your heart and god knows that and if he wasnt telling the truth it has no bearing on the good deed you did"
    If someone asks me for money for something to eat.. I would rather buy them some food. I know its hard to say no because its hard to tell who needs help and who doesnt.
    When anyone does this to me I take them shopping instead of giving them cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    The "crippled" juggler & company?
    I heard a few years ago that the little guy in a wheelchair who used to juggle in front of the Main Place Mall got hit by a car and killed...

Is that true or is he still around?
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    I heard a few years ago that the little guy in a wheelchair who used to juggle in front of the Main Place Mall got hit by a car and killed...

I have not seen that guy in the past 2 sabres seasons (not including this one, so technically 3 seasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1

Still around--must have been another juggler....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information