Thread: RNC, dem protest & local news coverage

RNC, dem protest & local news coverage

Today I had opportunity to watch on C-SPAN the live footage of the protest on 7th Avenue in Manhattan. From noon until about 2:30 pm (the time I stopped watching), hundreds of thousands of people in streaming lines who oppose President Bush, the operations in Iraq, and etc. waved their signs and shouted out chants.

Whether demecrat, republican or any other party, the peaceful protest is scheduled to make headlines around the world... if it hasn't already, except on our local news stations. I watched the six o'clock news on Channel 2 and although they mentioned strongly the preperations being made for the Republican National Convention at Madison Square Garden starting tomorrow, there wasn't a single clip, or statement made about the protest today.

Of all things, the final story of the evening on ch. 2 was a cell phone throwing contest in Finland. Even if to try and keep within the 'local' aspects of the televised news coverage of our area, the least that could have been done to wrap things up was a small 2 minute tid-bit about something occuring in the state New York.

just watched news 4's 10oclock news it was the second story.

Thread Information