Thread: Budget Hearing

Budget Hearing

Did anyone attend? Did the Board vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    Did anyone attend? Did the Board vote?
    I was at the budget hearing and the budget was adopted 4 to 1, with Tina Bove the lone no vote. It's amazing how arrogant and smug the board can be. Even though a number of people questioned items without any explanation of these items, such as "Other Expenses" and "Equipment", the board accepted the budget in spite of public opinion.

As a side note, Hicks got testy at one point and you'd think there was a free steak dinner somewhere the way he left in a rush.

Let's hope the new administration will be more responsive to the people of WS.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Hicks got his extras for his copier business before the election since he knew he was gonna be out. All he's doing now is killing time. What needs to happen is all these dang lame ducks need to have their paychecks cut directly after their loss in any elections. look at Clark - besides his usual smug puss during meetings - he sure as hell ain't gonna do anything now. As far as Hicks, he's depended on the family legacy for far too long. His mis-management of his duty as liaison to the AmeriCorps program should also be included in any and all investigations. This guy has no right to any income from anyone from this town, even as a copyman.

Bove voted no? GREAT! I wonder if it can be amended when the new Board comes in Jan. 1.

OldTymeRevival
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Hicks got his extras for his copier business before the election since he knew he was gonna be out. All he's doing now is killing time. What needs to happen is all these dang lame ducks need to have their paychecks cut directly after their loss in any elections. look at Clark - besides his usual smug puss during meetings - he sure as hell ain't gonna do anything now. As far as Hicks, he's depended on the family legacy for far too long. His mis-management of his duty as liaison to the AmeriCorps program should also be included in any and all investigations. This guy has no right to any income from anyone from this town, even as a copyman.
    This guy sold a bill of goods in copiers to the youth bureau a short while ago- after the primary, just to boost his income beyond his job as town board member. There's surely some ethics violation here, but this town of ours won't follow through. Not even Bove, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    This guy sold a bill of goods in copiers to the youth bureau a short while ago- after the primary, just to boost his income beyond his job as town board member. There's surely some ethics violation here, but this town of ours won't follow through. Not even Bove, I think.
    The NYS Comptroller's Office has already been contacted about this and other questionable purchases made by these clowns. The Attorney General's Office is next to get a call.

Psycho1 is the town's watch dog

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    Psycho1 is the town's watch dog
    Kind of got tired of people saying "Somebody should...", so here I am!

The budget meeting was a joke from their end - and why not, 3 of them are out of jobs in 2 months. Hicks stayed awake long enough to refer to us as "you people" as if we had the nerve to ask them questions about where our millions of dollars are going every year.

Quote Originally Posted by tax man
    The budget meeting was a joke from their end - and why not, 3 of them are out of jobs in 2 months. Hicks stayed awake long enough to refer to us as "you people" as if we had the nerve to ask them questions about where our millions of dollars are going every year.
    Didn't you love that? How about Koller and that person, whoever the hell he was, saying we're not smart enough to read a budget with more than one line. We might be confused.

Did you notice, whenever the large pay increases were mentioned, they never really answered us?

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

they never answer do - it's lip service and smugness while they laugh at the way they steal our money

but talk fast before the beeper goes off and your 3 minutes are up

Quote Originally Posted by tax man
    they never answer do - it's lip service and smugness while they laugh at the way they steal our money

but talk fast before the beeper goes off and your 3 minutes are up
    That's why I simply made a statement at the start,so they weren't able to respond! But my feelings got hurt after the meeting. Vince Graber spoke to everyone who commented but me. Every time I got near any of the clowns, they ran the other way

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    The NYS Comptroller's Office has already been contacted about this and other questionable purchases made by these clowns. The Attorney General's Office is next to get a call.
    Will NYS Comptroller's Office follow up? Will Attorney General Office follow up?

Why not get Channel 2 to do a follow up. Let's embarrass these men for misspending our money.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    Will NYS Comptroller's Office follow up? Will Attorney General Office follow up?

Why not get Channel 2 to do a follow up. Let's embarrass these men for misspending our money.
    I've already spoken to the Comptrollers Office and I'm getting the info ready. Just waiting for a few key pieces and then it's in the mail!

Called Channel 2, they were too busy with elections, but I'm still in contact.

I have heard rumblings that something was supposed to go down today with the Clark investigation, guess we'll have to wait and see what 6 and 11 o'clock brings

Thread Information