Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEMA Fake News Conference

FEMA Fake News Conference

I'm just interested on how people feel about the "fake news conference" given last week by FEMA employees.
    The more I thought about it the more it seems as if FEMA just happened to get caught otherwise we would have never heard about it.
    It makes me wonder how many news conferences are set up? How long have we been lied to? What do we believe anymore?
    I am shocked this hasn't gone any further. I have heard about the discinplinary action that is going to be taken but, obviosuly, they have a fall guy.
    A fake news conference, with employees posing as reporters and FEMA had no knowledge?
    I'm sorry but I'm not that naive. This is a HUGE conspriacy.
    Your thoughts?

Exclamation

This government is a contradiction:

It is the most secretive and inaccessible Presidential adminstration in the history of the United States

YET

Through years of lies, Constitutional & moral crimes (torture), fear-tactics, broken promises, mistreatment of American citizens, a fascist control over the media

This is ALSO the most transparent government we've ever had; The constant deceit & arrogance has revealed our government as the petty opportunists they are-

Not a government of "family values" or "faith-based"
    initiatives

Only the most ignorant and deluded Americans refuse to accept the sad facts that
    "we're much, much worse than we were seven years ago."
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    I'm just interested on how people feel about the "fake news conference" given last week by FEMA employees.
    The more I thought about it the more it seems as if FEMA just happened to get caught otherwise we would have never heard about it.
    It makes me wonder how many news conferences are set up? How long have we been lied to? What do we believe anymore?
    I am shocked this hasn't gone any further. I have heard about the discinplinary action that is going to be taken but, obviosuly, they have a fall guy.
    A fake news conference, with employees posing as reporters and FEMA had no knowledge?
    I'm sorry but I'm not that naive. This is a HUGE conspriacy.
    Your thoughts?
    You're just having these epiphanies?

Quite honestly, I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to try that. Seems like that trial balloon failed this time, but I'm sure they'll take another whack at it.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

It really makes you think---We know this administration is a bunchof liars; congress as well. But a fake news conference---WOW. Its really scary to think that were already at this level. Nothing the government says can be trusted---thats what this news conference tells me. They just happened to get caught. Let face it--the media does not keep them honest. Although Lou Dobbs does seem to be angry about everything and everyone regardless of party affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    You're just having these epiphanies?

Quite honestly, I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to try that. Seems like that trial balloon failed this time, but I'm sure they'll take another whack at it.
    No no. I know the government lies constantly (for the better good of the citizens!) I just didn't ecpect them to take it this far already. If FEMA is lying over a pretty successful job in So Cal imagine what were seeing from the media?

So the guy responsible. . . He resigns, obviously, and, in Republican fashion, is offered a higher ranking job doing the same thing for Mike McConnell's Office of National Intelligence Director. I believe they call that "failing up," no?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

So the guy responsible. . . He resigns, obviously, and, in Republican fashion, is offered a higher ranking job doing the same thing for Mike McConnell's Office of National Intelligence Director. I believe they call that "failing up," no?
    Man I wish the press would jump all over this story. I think you said it best---they'll be trying it again--the test run failed but now they'll just tweak it a little.

It really makes you think---We know this administration is a bunchof liars; congress as well. But a fake news conference---WOW. Its really scary to think that were already at this level. Nothing the government says can be trusted---thats what this news conference tells me. They just happened to get caught. Let face it--the media does not keep them honest. Although Lou Dobbs does seem to be angry about everything and everyone regardless of party affiliation.

Hahaha Yep and the first moon landing really was done in a TV studio.
    Makes you wonder what other things are imagined in the larger scheme of things..

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Hahaha Yep and the first moon landing really was done in a TV studio.
    Makes you wonder what other things are imagined in the larger scheme of things..
    This is a much different time than when they landed the moon my friend.

Man I wish the press would jump all over this story. I think you said it best---they'll be trying it again--the test run failed but now they'll just tweak it a little.
    Well, they did jump on it, and FEMA was 'censured' by the administration.

You know that this happens more and more from this president. The American people have been communicated with as if we're all a bunch of 1st graders.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    Well, they did jump on it, and FEMA was 'censured' by the administration.

You know that this happens more and more from this president. The American people have been communicated with as if we're all a bunch of 1st graders.
    Unfortunately I don't think this has been given enough coverage. I mean a fake news conference! They are setting a trend for the future.

Is this so? This is the news that should be splashed all over the media.

I'm amazed the media people haven't really caught on--that the truth is what's news. What a refreshing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    Is this so? This is the news that should be splashed all over the media.

I'm amazed the media people haven't really caught on--that the truth is what's news. What a refreshing idea.
    Actually they came out yesterday and he's not getting the same job with the intelligence agency. I wonder where they will hide, i mean put him? If this guy was guilty that would have fired him immediately and showcased him in front of the press. That did not happen which tells me it stinks.

Actually they came out yesterday and he's not getting the same job with the intelligence agency. I wonder where they will hide, i mean put him? If this guy was guilty that would have fired him immediately and showcased him in front of the press. That did not happen which tells me it stinks.
    I guess the DNI peeps decided hiring him would be a bad idea, so they have since balked. But Jesus Christ! I wish I worked in a Republican presidential administration, so every time I screw up I can get a raise or maybe a medal.

I don't think the guy screwed up--i think he was following orders--of course that just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information