Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A rift in the Cheekdems party

A rift in the Cheekdems party

OK, the stuff I hear this past weekend -

Looks like another battle is shaping up that will make the race for the soon to be open Council seat look like small potatos (Oh wait, there won't be an opening. Mesue said she's going to be the big winner for clerk. Yes she did! )

Highway candidate Mark Wegner is going around the highway and sanitation garages, declaring open war on Frank Max and thretening he is going to "get him". Max in turn is saying he wants to force a ballot referendum eliminating the highway job and setting up a department of public works.

Meanwhile, the town board wants to remove sanitation from the highway department and oversee the department directly, like it was years ago. I was told this will be done before the new year.

Wegner refuses to support his democratic running mates and has stayed away from their functions. Notice all the Wegner signs around town? All the other candidates have only done the group signs. Now I was told that the rest of the slate is totally disgusted with Wegner as are the party officers, not just Max.

Should Wegner win, he is going to have a tough time in that job. He is not well regarded among the men. For years he has paid special favors to his pets, and when he was a laborer himself, he was knows for never getting his hands dirty. He and his crew were called "the GQ crew" and if you were lucky enough to get assigned on a day shift with Wegner, you knew it would be an easy day.

My uncle also told me about some bad stories about Wegner from year ago and stunts he pulled with highway mateirals and trucks, stuff that would have gotten me fired in my job. But his stepmom and dad and other political people came to his rescue and covered stuff up so he got a slap on the wrist.

If the Republicans in this town weren't such morons, they'd be uncovering this stuff. But they're too busy putitng up there stupid signs in ditches and empty lots.

That's the poop from my football Sunday with the family. When I hear more I shall post.

November 6...Magierski 68%, Nolder 32%

The one they should get rid of is Max. He is the main reson Paul clark lost. He did not deliver the vote in Cheektowoga.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaryvale
    OK, the stuff I hear this past weekend -

Looks like another battle is shaping up that will make the race for the soon to be open Council seat look like small potatos (Oh wait, there won't be an opening. Mesue said she's going to be the big winner for clerk. Yes she did! )

Highway candidate Mark Wegner is going around the highway and sanitation garages, declaring open war on Frank Max and thretening he is going to "get him". Max in turn is saying he wants to force a ballot referendum eliminating the highway job and setting up a department of public works.

Meanwhile, the town board wants to remove sanitation from the highway department and oversee the department directly, like it was years ago. I was told this will be done before the new year.

Wegner refuses to support his democratic running mates and has stayed away from their functions. Notice all the Wegner signs around town? All the other candidates have only done the group signs. Now I was told that the rest of the slate is totally disgusted with Wegner as are the party officers, not just Max.

Should Wegner win, he is going to have a tough time in that job. He is not well regarded among the men. For years he has paid special favors to his pets, and when he was a laborer himself, he was knows for never getting his hands dirty. He and his crew were called "the GQ crew" and if you were lucky enough to get assigned on a day shift with Wegner, you knew it would be an easy day.

My uncle also told me about some bad stories about Wegner from year ago and stunts he pulled with highway mateirals and trucks, stuff that would have gotten me fired in my job. But his stepmom and dad and other political people came to his rescue and covered stuff up so he got a slap on the wrist.

If the Republicans in this town weren't such morons, they'd be uncovering this stuff. But they're too busy putitng up there stupid signs in ditches and empty lots.

That's the poop from my football Sunday with the family. When I hear more I shall post.

November 6...Magierski 68%, Nolder 32%
    If by "get him", he means making Frank get off his a** and work an 8 hour day, I'd say that's a win for Cheektowaga taxpayers.
    I am so omniscient - if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both.

It is going to be very interesting to see how the whole organization shakes out after the elections - both town and county-wide.
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

(Oh wait, there won't be an opening. Mesue said she's going to be the big winner for clerk. Yes she did! )
    I said no such thing. I will say, I do like my future plans.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben There
    The one they should get rid of is Max. He is the main reson Paul clark lost. He did not deliver the vote in Cheektowoga.
    If you read my posts here then you know I am a Max guy and I make no apologies about it. Our family has always supported progressive democrats club functions. He has brought new energy to the democratic party here. No one is going to get rid of him his job as party leader is as solid as ever. Sorry if that upsets you.

If you read my posts here then you know I am a Max guy and I make no apologies about it. Our family has always supported progressive democrats club functions. He has brought new energy to the democratic party here. No one is going to get rid of him his job as party leader is as solid as ever. Sorry if that upsets you.

Max promised to unify the party when he took over, and in his first big opportunity to unify the party as chairman, he went against the desires of the majority and backed the NON endorsed democrat Paul Clark over the county endorsed democrat Jim Keane.

You don't anticipate any fallout from within the party because Max was one of Paul Clark's main operatives while the rest of the committee including former Max supporters like Joan Adams, Charlie Markel, and Diane Benczkowski all went with Keane?

THEN he couldn't even get one of his other big supporters on the ballot for Highway Superintendent.

THEN one of his endorsed candidates for town board got beat by a guy who had no team, no money, and just went door to door every day.

If you think that he will be forgiven so easily by the party that is your right and opinion, but lets look at the facts here. The team that got Max to the chair is no longer with him, save for a few stragglers.

He promised party unity, and then went and split the party like it has never been split before.

Granted, my west seneca party is going to have its issues too but Cheektowaga is going to be in rough shape.

When Frank is removed as Chairman next year, Alex's dream of running for Town Council will be shattered. Guess you hitched your wagon to the wrong horse! Even you own party members think Frank is a joke.....

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    When Frank is removed as Chairman next year, Alex's dream of running for Town Council will be shattered. Guess you hitched your wagon to the wrong horse! Even you own party members think Frank is a joke.....
    Any thoughts on who would be a good party chairperson?
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

I wonder who would be interested in it. Swiatek is a very smart guy. But he has a lot going on. Wouldnt be surprised if it was someone connected to Tokasz/Gabryszak and crew

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald
    Any thoughts on who would be a good party chairperson?
    I heard that Jim Speyer might want the chairmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth
    I heard that Jim Speyer might want the chairmanship.
    Sr or Jr?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    Sr or Jr?
    Not sure if it was Jr or Sr. Just heard the name tossed out there. Do you have a preference?

Not sure if it was Jr or Sr. Just heard the name tossed out there. Do you have a preference?
    They are both very nice men and have very good families

I think it must be Sr. because he is very involved and at all of the meetings.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information