Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Noise Wagons'

Angry 'Noise Wagons'

While reading my Sunday news paper I read the artical called Noise Wagons and how Dankowski and Franczyk were planning on forcing a City Ban on these Mega Boom Box Automobiles, trucks, SUV's etc..

I agree 100 percent however, why ban these headach mobile noise wagons to just the city of Buffalo. Everyone knows the kids buy these watt power units at the Walden Flee Market just shut the girl down who sels these power demons. Make a main law and ban the sales of these powerful systems. I shouldn't have to be forced to listen to them in my own home. THis behaviors tend to get people so mad that someone may get shot during the heat of summer coming on. These systems reach as much as 1000 watts or better of pre hell....One person I know his system reaches 3000 watts you can hear him 8 blocks away...why is this allowed in any part of WNY.

I'm thinking about hooking up my car and sit in front of the Town's Police Chiefs house for a few nights and see how he likes it. I like to see something done about these noise wagons...
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Angry How about...

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    While reading my Sunday news paper I read the artical called Noise Wagons and how Dankowski and Franczyk were planning on forcing a City Ban on these Mega Boom Box Automobiles, trucks, SUV's etc..

I agree 100 percent however, why ban these headach mobile noise wagons to just the city of Buffalo. Everyone knows the kids buy these watt power units at the Walden Flee Market just shut the girl down who sels these power demons. Make a main law and ban the sales of these powerful systems. I shouldn't have to be forced to listen to them in my own home. THis behaviors tend to get people so mad that someone may get shot during the heat of summer coming on. These systems reach as much as 1000 watts or better of pre hell....One person I know his system reaches 3000 watts you can hear him 8 blocks away...why is this allowed in any part of WNY.

I'm thinking about hooking up my car and sit in front of the Town's Police Chiefs house for a few nights and see how he likes it. I like to see something done about these noise wagons...
    I have a better idea...

ENFORCE THE EXISTING NOISE ORDINANCES!!!
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Yes indeed. Big Brother needs to get those surveillance cameras on every building, traffic light, tree, and anything else they could hang them on along with those decibel meter reader things and enforce that noise pollution law. That would be the only way to enforce that law, 24-7.

Quote Originally Posted by LaNdReW
    I have a better idea...

ENFORCE THE EXISTING NOISE ORDINANCES!!!

100% correct.
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

I agree 100 percent however, why ban these headach mobile noise wagons to just the city of Buffalo. Everyone knows the kids buy these watt power units at the Walden Flee Market just shut the girl down who sels these power demons.
    Why aren't they banning loud bikes...

No wait, those require a lot more money...thus pissing off registered voters and maybe a bike-lobby....

F'ing hypocrites, the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus27
    Why aren't they banning loud bikes...

No wait, those require a lot more money...thus pissing off registered voters and maybe a bike-lobby....

F'ing hypocrites, the lot of them.
    Do Harley's even have mufflers?

There was a recent study done by a team of scientists which concluded that the louder the bike sitting at a red light was the smaller the penis of its rider.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    Do Harley's even have mufflers?

There was a recent study done by a team of scientists which concluded that the louder the bike sitting at a red light was the smaller the penis of its rider.
    Now now, don't you know, loud pipes save lives, just like the bumper sticker says. I've been waiting over 10 years for a conclusive study on that particular myth, but oddly enough nobody seems to have anything convincing. I wonder why that is.

A bumper sticker wouldn't lie, now would it?

Gold Member
    I've ridden both, I own a rice-burner and have ridden a harley more than a few times. I can say with first hand knowledge that other drivers *absolutely* notice you better when you have loud pipes.

My next bike will be a harley. I don't have the scientific evidence to back it up, but I truly believe that loud pipes save lives - how many times have you heard from someone in an accident, "I didn't see them"... if they hear me first they're more likely to see me is my rationale.

I'm not saying that I particularly like the loudest pipes, I think that like everything, moderation is key...

Forget about "loud pipes", if you really want to increase your visibly to other drivers, put a hot looking naked (or bikini clad if they're shy) chick on the back of your bike.

Not that's an option that tells people you ride the ride.

Gold Member
    Haha I like that. And here I was thinking about creative uses of reflective tape

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    Forget about "loud pipes", if you really want to increase your visibly to other drivers, put a hot looking naked (or bikini clad if they're shy) chick on the back of your bike.

Not that's an option that tells people you ride the ride.
    Many pluses to this...it's quieter, and it beautifies the (cough) countryside....

in the 70's

there was a NY Baffl law where bikers were requiered to use baffles inside there HD pipes...that law went to the way side.

As for Noise wagon's I think they just need to make a new law that banns the full insulation of such systems and continue to give out tickets for those wagon's that have them in them...How do these young people get their car's inspected ???? with all that wiring, speakers, and watt booters in the trunk ???
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

there was a NY Baffl law where bikers were requiered to use baffles inside there HD pipes...that law went to the way side.

As for Noise wagon's I think they just need to make a new law that banns the full insulation of such systems and continue to give out tickets for those wagon's that have them in them...How do these young people get their car's inspected ???? with all that wiring, speakers, and watt booters in the trunk ???

Why do you bother living in a free country?

Seems you would be much happier in Singapore.

Why bother having any laws? We should be free! Free to have an outhouse in the yard, heck, free to just dump crap in the front yard. Free to have a dozen roosters, crowing at 4am. Free to take the muffler off the car & blast the whole neighborhood at any hour. Free to let the house look like hell, if we feel like it - screw the neighbors. Free to have parties all night, making as much noise as possible. Free to rip those pesky pollution-control devices off the car.

Etc.

Since when does "free country" = "do what you want, to the annoyance of others" ?

But I'd ban motorcycle noise before car stereos; those 2-wheeled idiotmobiles can be heard a mile away, and all they need is a decent muffler.

ps to the ones who think they need to be heard: If you weren't going twice as fast as the cars & darting in and out all the time, you wouldn't need to be heard.

Gold Member
    ps to the ones who think they need to be heard: If you weren't going twice as fast as the cars & darting in and out all the time, you wouldn't need to be heard.
    Obviously you've never ridden a motorcycle before. Darting in and out of cars and driving fast has absolutely nothing to do with being seen and heard. Those who drive like idiots are just that. But go look into how many times auto/motorcycle accidents have occured because the driver of the car didn't see the motorcycle. I don't recall the exact statistic, but I do recall that it was more often than not. For the record, all motorcyclists I know were taught to drive aggressively to stay with and stay ahead of the flow of traffic. I am not saying it's ok to go overboard and drive like a maniac, but as the person from the DMV who gave me my motorcycle road test said, "it's acceptable to drive more aggressively on a bike than in a car, stay with or ahead of the flow of traffic at all times".
    I personally was marked down for driving too cautiously on my road test. I was driving very defensively, giving up road to the cars around me. They made it clear that you need to take control and not drive as if it were a car. They also said that you should not take this to the extreme, but I've heard this same story from many motorcyclists I've spoken to. Of course this does not mean I advocate driving twice the speed limit, and I think that anyone who darts in and out of traffic, be it on a bike or in a car, is driving inappropriately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information