Thread: committee members

Tony Fracasso - Admin

committee members

Orchard Park: small fight

Janet Buffum - 25 firm committee members
    Ford Beckwith - 25 possible committee members ( based on his effort last time out)
    RIP - 10 - 20 possible committee members
    Orsini - 10 firm committee members
    RP - 30 possible committee members
    DP - 30 possible committee members

This is where I'm confused.

Exactly where do the committee members come from?

Are committee people picked or do they volunteer to be a committee member? I'm also trying to figure out how the democrats infiltrated the party. I dont like people who play both side of the fence for personal gain. I find that tacky acutally.

Are committee people from each area lead by a local chair person of that town and then on top you have a county wide chairman?

So by my reasoning I'm picturing.

County Chairperson

Somewhere between the County Chair and Town Chairs you have the excutive board? OR is the executive board the Town Chair People?

Town Chair people who organize committee people

Committee people who are more active than just the registered IP voters.

And then finally our base. All the IP party members through out our community. I refer to Erie County as our community. The local town boards allowed the developers to ruin any charactor our area had so I look at it as just one community. If it was me it would be one kick ass Buffalo NY but that's a whole new thread.

Who has been assigned to be the Co-ordinator of the party?

TimeOut Chair
    my replies are in blue....

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident

Are committee people picked or do they volunteer to be a committee member?

They are elected by the voters in their little "committee district". This includes doing petitions just like any candidate seeking to run.

Are committee people from each area lead by a local chair person of that town and then on top you have a county wide chairman?

There are about 30 (or so) dem committees in the South District (of the COB). They are part of their party, not put in the committee by the towns, etc. Committee persons are totally political.

So by my reasoning I'm picturing.

County Chairperson

Somewhere between the County Chair and Town Chairs you have the excutive board? OR is the executive board the Town Chair People?

Town Chair people who organize committee people

Committee persons are of their party.

Committee people who are more active than just the registered IP voters.

Every party has their own set of committee positions, not just the IP. Or are you only asking of the IP? Generally a committee persons' primary role is to serve their party, that being party endorsements, vacancies of political offices, vote of whom is the next election commisioner, etc. they basically run their local party, circulate petitions for candidates.

And then finally our base. All the IP party members through out our community. I refer to Erie County as our community.

The local town boards allowed the developers to ruin any charactor our area had so I look at it as just one community. If it was me it would be one kick ass Buffalo NY but that's a whole new thread.

I don't think that has anything to do with committee persons.

Huh???

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Ford Beckwidth called and wanted to explain over the phone how this works. I said if he acts like an adult and no hearsay we'll unbann him. Which I did. Moment he's out of line back in the box for him.

TimeOut Chair
    Ford Beckwidth called and wanted to explain over the phone how this works. I said if he acts like an adult and no hearsay we'll unbann him. Which I did. Moment he's out of line back in the box for him.
    I was going to call you too if you were still confuse on the role of committee persons.

But do you understand committee persons now?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Huh???
    Public relations. There should be an organizational database of members, committee people and so forth. If it was me I would also have a database with correct email addresses of all party members if possible. Successful organizations have good comunication between the group and it's members.

This would lead to more successful fundraising in the long run and success. Plus this would help us remove any active "major" party infiltration. We would be able to look at a glance and see who is playing both sides of the fence.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstock
    I was going to call you too if you were still confuse on the role of committee persons.

But do you understand committee persons now?
    He said they are elected but for the most part they are ran unopposed so we very rarely see them in the ballot box.

TimeOut Chair
    He said they are elected but for the most part they are ran unopposed so we very rarely see them in the ballot box.
    It is likely, but not always. Committee elections are every 2 year, so next year will be the next election/voting.

edited to add.... next year is my area (the COB) I am unsure of other areas.
    Last edited by woodstock; October 23rd, 2007 at 06:21 PM.

TimeOut Chair
    my replies in blue...
    Public relations. There should be an organizational database of members, committee people and so forth.

The individual party (you belong to) could give you a list of whom the committee persons are.

If it was me I would also have a database with correct email addresses of all party members if possible. Successful organizations have good comunication between the group and it's members.

That would be something the IP would have to do. I think that all is your opinion though. I can't help you much on that, the Dem party is much more arganized.

This would lead to more successful fundraising in the long run and success. Plus this would help us remove any active "major" party infiltration. We would be able to look at a glance and see who is playing both sides of the fence.

That's an IP thing, I'm only replying on the general committee persons info.

TimeOut Chair
    I just wanna say also that while most committee persons are politcal hacks (dem party), not all of them are. Some do try at fairness when it comes to the appointing process of putting someone in a certain position.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That would be something the IP would have to do. I think that all is your opinion though. I can't help you much on that, the Dem party is much more arganized.
    Yes they do arrrrrganize a lot of people in erie county

Unregistered

People who are active in politics register their family and friends into the IP. From there they run for election to the committee every two years. If the race is unopposed then the names are never put on the voting machines. If it is opposed then they are on the machines. At least they are supposed to be. The last two committee elections the BOE printed out paper ballots for this. This helped the machine power people maintain control because the election workers don't tell the opposing voting public about the paper ballots. They just let the person voting pull the levers for candidates actually on the voting machines and then let them leave. This benefits the status quo because their voting block is very aware of the paper ballots before they go to vote and the poll workers know in advance who is on their team and make sure they vote properly. It's dirty and slanted and needs to change.

Otherwise we run into other issues designed to stop the dissenting vote. For instance in Hamburg this year one polling place wouldn't switch the voting machine from Democrat to Independence as the IP's came in. That way they could only vote illegally for the Dem primary and were kept away from the IP line. This benefited the status quo because the people who checked in that day to vote when the machine was not switched were people working with me to free the IP. Others were told they weren't registered to vote at that voting place and sent away. Later I showed up and easily found the names in the sign in book. The only way to prevent such corruption at the polling places is to find people who are willing to spend all day at the polling place as registered poll watchers. That's not easy to do.

TimeOut Chair
    Yes they do arrrrrganize a lot of people in erie county
    LMAO bad typo.... or good typo, depending on which way you look at it.

TimeOut Chair
    FWIW - the comments I've posted are a basic generalization of the committee persons postition.

Thread Information