Thread: Its time the left wing thought about this.

Its time the left wing thought about this.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
    >
    > A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national
    > guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in
    > his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    > The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up
    > to and including my life.'
    >
    > That is Honor, and there are way too many people in
    > this country who no longer understand it.
    >
    > - Author Unknown

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
    >
    >
    >
    > - Author Unknown
    No argument. Any member of our armed services that goes into battle and thinks, "no harm can come to me" is insane.

The "complaint" that even hardcore Republicans have about the war in Iraq is that it is a war for profit, that we should never have invaded a soveirgnation,
    the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civillians dead and displaced, the torture The U.S. & Britain had NO business in Iraq, no matter how bad Saddam was

Our soldiers are serving extended tours of duty and are worn out and exausted as is much of their equipment.
    The rate of amputations for our troops EXCEEDS that of the Civil War (percent)
    The suicide rate of our troops and vets has never been HIGHER

Now the same President that basically scared the House & Senate into a war with Iraq has his beady eyes set on Iran who may very well have Russia, China & Syria on their side if the U.S. is STUPID enough to wage war on Iran.

Please, stop the Right rhetoric.

Sure, when Hitler & Tojo come marching at our backsides, deploy the troops
    Not for oil, for private corporations and hundreds of abuses of the Constitution.

You are REACHING, Cgood. Using a tired argument to support the U.S. presence in Iraq You're smarter than this!
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

huh?

is this the part where i put my hand on my heart and thank the "right wing" civilian leaders in the executive office for using (and abusing) the armed services?

way to use a somewhat pedestrian poem to try to bully dissent. the rotting corpse of joseph mccarthy is proud of you. however. three-quarters of the american public see right through it. but it was sure nice and appreciated that you took the time to politicize a traditionally non-political government agency. i mean. . . i can see why you would do it. seeing that the number of iraq war veterans that have gotten into national politics and won an elected position were almost all democrats or as you might say. . . "left wing"

maybe its time "right wing" thought, for a change? the glorification of the military coming from a "right wing" that has nothing but disdain once that "check" is presented for payment would be funny if it did not involve real human beings being maimed and killed.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
    >
    >
    >
    > - Author Unknown

Not sure what your point is?

I am a very left leaning liberal (somewhere to the left of Lenin) and a veteran.

So does my service count? BTW, I was as liberal, if not more, when I was in uniform.
    I made a lot of money and spent most of it on booze, fast cars and loose women. I blew the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore
    Not sure what your point is?

I am a very left leaning liberal (somewhere to the left of Lenin) and a veteran.

So does my service count? BTW, I was as liberal, if not more, when I was in uniform.
    no man, you're a phony. didn't you hear?

his point is: he sees no difference between civilian and military leadership and believes (or at least wants to bait people into believing) that to criticize the catastrophic civilian leadership and upper eschelon of military leadership (the people responsible for this disaster) is somehow the same a harping on the poor souls who are paying a real price. its a stretch, with no basis in logic. but teh right wing is an ambitious and apparently stupid lot. then again, i'm sure you know how much us DFH's hate teh troopz.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Thread Information