Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Swimming naked in Buffalo public schools

I still think that jumping in the lake during summer camp with everyone is different than PE class in public school. Summer camp antics sound like fun -- and optional. It would be one thing if the couselor said, "OK, now everyone, take off all of your clothes and line up because now is swim-in-the-lake-naked-time" which, I think is not the way it probably happened. I bet there were those who opted out. Also, I imagine, some made a quick dash for the water! PE swim class where you line up and stand there naked while they take attendance still seems humiliating to me. What does everyone else think?

Peter,

I agree that PE class is worse. Plus, the summer camp is a different vibe, as you said.

Although.... it WAS a religious summer camp..... (Catholic)

The truth from a troll is still the truth.

My father swam naked at Bennett during the 50's. The swim teacher was suspected of being a perv.

Do you mean that the teacher was actually charged with anything? If that were the case, it is amazing that if that happened in the 50s that nobody thought about the situation... and it wasn't changed until the 80s.

This is pretty amazing to me. Anyone else surprised by this?

I was wondering if there were any accusations with the teachers at my school. It does seem like the perfect job for a pedophile. Anyone who complains, gets the "what's the matter, is something wrong with YOU?" deal. Even if nothing overt happened, I believe that children are very intuitive beings, and they pick up stuff. It could be a very scary atmosphere for a child if an adult is sending out certain vibes. I remember being pretty creeped out by one of my swim teachers, and not at all by the other.

There's a difference between skinny dipping in lake champlain and being forced to do it 3 times a week in school, under the watchful eye of a middle-aged balding gym teacher..
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

The clock is ticking, Who is going to file the first lawsuit on this in NY? You have until Aug 14, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    The clock is ticking, Who is going to file the first lawsuit on this in NY? You have until Aug 14, 2020
    That’s funny cause we were just talking about this the other day, when you tell people about this they can’t believe it went on for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    That’s funny cause we were just talking about this the other day, when you tell people about this they can’t believe it went on for so long
    The districts would be on the hook for a lot of money because no one in there right mind would think this was normal in the 21st century and the jury's would just be handing out the cash. There are a lot more victims then the catholic church sex abuse scandal.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I never understood why that was done.

I went to Canisius High School. I can't remember if we swam naked or not. Older I get the more I can't remember.

I did look this up.

‘Little Russ’ and me

Just to give you an example of how stupid things can get: Sometimes people ask me if it’s true that Tim used to swim naked in the CHS swimming pool. Yes, I tell them, it’s true. Tim Russert used to swim naked in the CHS pool. That’s a fact. But it’s not what you think. Everybody used to swim naked in the CHS swimming pool back then. Nobody knew exactly why, and none of us thought to ask. Doing strange things for no apparent good reason was a very big part of growing up in the ’60s. Like being a gentleman.

https://www.recordonline.com/article...news/306139995

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I never understood why that was done.

I went to Canisius High School. I can't remember if we swam naked or not. Older I get the more I can't remember.

I did look this up.

‘Little Russ’ and me

https://www.recordonline.com/article...news/306139995
    WNY. it’s a pity that Canisius didn’t save a pool full of the water that Russert swam in naked. Given the local hysteria that occurred when he died, much of it feigned and unseemly, Canisius could’ve made thousands by bottling and selling it by telling people that little Timmy had been in that water naked. Certainly would’ve been treasured locally more than holy water blessed by His Holiness.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Bishop Malone: “This could be the end for me as bishop . . . It could force me to resign.”

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — It’s the morning of Friday, Aug. 2, and Bishop Richard J. Malone hasn’t slept for two nights.

“We are in a true crisis situation,” Malone said. “True crisis. And everyone in the office is convinced this could be the end for me as bishop. It could force me to resign if in fact they make a story…”

Malone is at his sprawling residence on Buffalo’s East Side for a one-on-one meeting with his trusted secretary, Rev. Ryszard Biernat, and the embattled bishop is concerned about a brewing story regarding Christ the King Seminary, allegations of love letters and claims of sexual harassment by a diocesan priest.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/i-team/the...bvI-VCdCTjVP2k

...But...at least at Hutch Tech...in the 60's ...before standing in line to watch the guy's ass in front of you jump in the pool.....you had to shower first!!

Sure glad I didn’t go to high school around here. (Although bringing the girls to a pool full of naked high school senior boys was a nice touch. At my school we at least had to spring for the prom, a movie or something first.) I’ve lived here for decades and I continue to be amazed by the weird crap I hear about this place.

We had community bathing suits in the late 80's in Cheektowaga, I cant imagine having to swim naked in school

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    We had community bathing suits in the late 80's in Cheektowaga, I cant imagine having to swim naked in school
    Exactly how many had to fit into a community bathing suit? Must’ve been awkward if people wanted to swim in different directions at the same time. What exactly did students do when the instructor yelled “stroke, stroke”. Oh, wait. I get it. I hope they were washed between classes? If there weren’t enough girls suits did the unlucky ones have to wear boys trunks? Conversely, if there weren’t enough boys trunks did the unlucky ones have to wear a girls suit?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information