Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food stamp abuse

Food stamp abuse

I was in line behind an Arab man in walmart the other day, his cart was filled with 6 pks of pepsi, his bill came to $168, for just pepsi, he paid with his benefit card, now I have heard they do this then sell them at their stores/delis, I just cant believe he can buy almost $200 worth of pepsi with food stamps, this has to stop!

Bernard Lawrence "Bernie" Madoff is an American former stock broker, investment advisor, non-executive chairman of the NASDAQ stock market, and the admitted operator of what has been described as the largest Ponzi scheme in history amounting to more than 65 BILLION.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Bernard Lawrence "Bernie" Madoff is an American former stock broker, investment advisor, non-executive chairman of the NASDAQ stock market, and the admitted operator of what has been described as the largest Ponzi scheme in history amounting to more than 65 BILLION.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Quoting the very same source you cited...

"On June 29, 2009, he was sentenced to 150 years in prison, the maximum allowed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff

Quote Originally Posted by SueZq View Post
    He stole that without attribution? TSk tsk...

What other non-essential items can those on the government teet buy with the benie card?

I know a lady who is on food stamps who somehow within the past few months managed to have her kid's birthday at one of those fancy party centers with race cars and bounce houses, take a trip to another city and stay in a hotel and eat at nice restaurants, get a few new tattoos, and do other things that those of us who spend our earned income on food and maintain a tight budget could not afford.

Forgive me for being crass, but for some it seems that having the government pay for their food just clears up space for more of their extra income to be spent on silly stuff.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post
    Forgive me for being crass, but for some it seems that having the government pay for their food just clears up space for more of their extra income to be spent on silly stuff.

Unfortunately those are the people everyone remembers and uses as an example. The bad news is they exist and there's no real viable solution for dealing with those ****heaps. The good news is mentioning them makes the bleeding hearts angry.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I was in line behind an Arab man in walmart the other day, his cart was filled with 6 pks of pepsi, his bill came to $168, for just pepsi, he paid with his benefit card, now I have heard they do this then sell them at their stores/delis, I just cant believe he can buy almost $200 worth of pepsi with food stamps, this has to stop!

Hey, haven't you heard everything is free in NY!

except of course if you are working. Then you pay out the a.

Beer, cigarettes, prepared food are not allowed to be paid for with food stamps. Why cant they elliminate other things that are "non-essentials" like soda, coffee, tea, and my all time favorite 3-essentials of the food pyramid: Cheetos, Fritos, and Doritos

wrong end of the problem

my beef is with all the layers this money has to go through before those who need the money get it. My guess is more then 50% is spent administering this program. Fed State and County get their cut before the person with the Bennie card can spend it. what do all these people do . everyday you can see abuse at the markets why don't all the people running the system do their job. if they did something besides collect a wage maybe the system would not be broke. and I don't mean the person who helps fill out forms I mean the administrators.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    my beef is with all the layers this money has to go through before those who need the money get it. My guess is more then 50% is spent administering this program. Fed State and County get their cut before the person with the Bennie card can spend it. what do all these people do . everyday you can see abuse at the markets why don't all the people running the system do their job. if they did something besides collect a wage maybe the system would not be broke. and I don't mean the person who helps fill out forms I mean the administrators.
    Bingo!!! And in NYS we pay top dollar for the administering cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SueZq View Post

"On June 29, 2009, he was sentenced to 150 years in prison, the maximum allowed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff
    An interesting point that idiots forget to mention.

If you want to lump Madoff in with Public Assistance abuse...you should also be able to share the amount of rage for both.

Yet, for whatever reason, it's ok to [dislike] those in public who steal large amounts of money but it's not ok to [dislike] those who steal small amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Why didnt you follow him and turn in the store for food stamp fraud? Don't they have to keep track of what they buy and sell for tax purposes? Why didnt you ASK him "Do you really drink that much Pepsi? It's bad for you ya know?" Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

Yet, for whatever reason, it's ok to [dislike] those in public who steal large amounts of money but it's not ok to [dislike] those who steal small amounts.
    Didn't you know it's NOT their fault the "man" is keepign them down? I mean it's not their fault they couldn't even stay in HS long enough to get a degree... right?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon View Post
    Why didnt you follow him and turn in the store for food stamp fraud? Don't they have to keep track of what they buy and sell for tax purposes? Why didnt you ASK him "Do you really drink that much Pepsi? It's bad for you ya know?" Seriously?
    Your an ass

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information