Thread: Budget Not Filed On Time!!!!

Budget Not Filed On Time!!!!

Has anyone gone to the Town of Amherst website and looked at the 2008 budget? Check out the dates on the reports. They show October 2nd!!!! This was supposed to be filed no later than 5PM on October 1st!! It seems like they did the ol' Bait N Switch!!! Do the lies never end with this man!!!!!?????

Meh.

I'm presuming your citing the dates on each individual sheet(?). (Which vary by a 2 or 3 hours. Some shortly before noon... others just after 2pm.)

Depending on what preferences are set, that could be defaulting to when the doc was printed... which may or may not be when the thing was actually filed.

Even if the thing was filed based on those dates/times, it's kinda hard to get up-in-arms about "late filing". In my mind, next day ain't so horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by amherstres
    Has anyone gone to the Town of Amherst website and looked at the 2008 budget? Check out the dates on the reports. They show October 2nd!!!! This was supposed to be filed no later than 5PM on October 1st!! It seems like they did the ol' Bait N Switch!!! Do the lies never end with this man!!!!!?????

Stop already! Sheesh...........

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by amherstres
    Go eat more fiber. A day late but perfect is fine.

Super majority

I still advocate a super majority vote in order to dip into the reserves that reduces that reserve below 15%.
    dono

Quote Originally Posted by Dvoakley
    I still advocate a super majority vote in order to dip into the reserves that reduces that reserve below 15%.
    See res advice regarding more fiber.

Well it seems to be getting worse. The TS was advocating dropping reserve funds to 5%! He states that he has been in personal contact with the bond rating agency and they have no problem with it. I do not believe this individual based on several former and present issues and he should not be contacting these individuals on his own without EXPERT advisors. If you cannot see the similarities between the TS and CE past decisions, I guess you are not looking hard enough. I hope this turns around before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by forreason
    Well it seems to be getting worse. The TS was advocating dropping reserve funds to 5%! He states that he has been in personal contact with the bond rating agency and they have no problem with it. I do not believe this individual based on several former and present issues and he should not be contacting these individuals on his own without EXPERT advisors. If you cannot see the similarities between the TS and CE past decisions, I guess you are not looking hard enough. I hope this turns around before it is too late.
    From what I have heard, he has been in contact with one of the bonding agencies. The bonding agency doesn't really care what the town keeps the reserve funds at. If the TS wants to drop it to that they will tell him to do what he thinks is best and then rate the town accordingly. I'm sure they explained the benifits and Consequences of doing that.
    As far as Expert advisors, this is a man that thinks that he knows best about everything because of who he is. Heck, he said that anyone can do the budget, all he needed was someone to enter the numbers.
    All hail the all knowing King Satish.

Budget funds

Now that Satish is proposing to reduce the surplus to 10%, what will he do next year when that surplus is not available ? I still have not heard his recant on what he claimed to be a $4m deficit from last year, or the $18mil deficit that he claimed in his first year (it was in his state of the town speech). I'm afraid his credibility is zero - the talk show hosts don't even have him on anymore except Kathy Weppner and everyone knows what a flake she is.
    dono

[QUOTE=Dvoakley]I still have not heard his recant on what he claimed to be a $4m deficit from last year, or the $18mil deficit that he claimed in his first year (it was in his state of the town speech).[QUOTE]

You will be waiting a VERY LONG time to hear Mohan say he was wrong.

More than likely he will blame it on someone else for giving him the wrong numbers. However, let's not let him re-write history on THAT issue like he does on every other issue. He was told by many people he was wrong on the point, and he still insisted there was a huge deficit.

Thread Information