Thread: Town Engineer

Town Engineer

Just stopped into one of the neighborhood coffee shops where several town employees frequent and I guess at last night's TB meeting the TB and the former Town Engineer settled his lawsuit against the Town.

Quote Originally Posted by forreason
    Just stopped into one of the neighborhood coffee shops where several town employees frequent and I guess at last night's TB meeting the TB and the former Town Engineer settled his lawsuit against the Town.

Any details? I hope Bowers took them big time for what they did to him.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    For the readers who weren't following that along can you tell them what was going on in simple terms?

T

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    For the readers who weren't following that along can you tell them what was going on in simple terms?

T
    Bowers had been with the Town about 17-18 years and was getting close to retirement. Knowing Satish was probably not going to reappoint him, he offered to retire but Satish insisted he stay on, leading Bowers to believe he still had a future with the Town. Then, as we all know, he was terminated. This cost him his benefits - no retirement, etc. Typical of the lousy stuff Mohan does. So, Bowers sued. He was very good and deserved to be able to retain his benefits.

So, I hope he took them for a lot. But probably not.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by left wing
    Bowers had been with the Town about 17-18 years and was getting close to retirement. Knowing Satish was probably not going to reappoint him, he offered to retire but Satish insisted he stay on, leading Bowers to believe he still had a future with the Town. Then, as we all know, he was terminated. This cost him his benefits - no retirement, etc. Typical of the lousy stuff Mohan does. So, Bowers sued. He was very good and deserved to be able to retain his benefits.

So, I hope he took them for a lot. But probably not.
    Now that is nasty. Did it really blow away all his retirement benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Now that is nasty. Did it really blow away all his retirement benefits?
    Yes. Officially, he was "terminated."

This is a very similar situation as the Town Assessor (except the Town Engineer had some outstanding issues such as their Treatment Plant). It is known as character asassination, discredit an employee, etc. (typical of this TS with several employees). There are still procedures to follow in regard to termination and it appears the TS took his own route. Now with a looming lawsuit with little chance of the Town winning, a compromise was made. It will still cost $$$$ do to the extreme attitude exhibited by not just the TS, but some other TB members.

Quote Originally Posted by forreason
    This is a very similar situation as the Town Assessor (except the Town Engineer had some outstanding issues such as their Treatment Plant). It is known as character asassination, discredit an employee, etc. (typical of this TS with several employees). There are still procedures to follow in regard to termination and it appears the TS took his own route. Now with a looming lawsuit with little chance of the Town winning, a compromise was made. It will still cost $$$$ do to the extreme attitude exhibited by not just the TS, but some other TB members.

I wish there was a public tally available of how much the TS has cost the taxpayers over the past 2 years, starting with the $1M+ for the highway health insurance. This man is a disaster but he keeps right on lying. Did you catch today's paper? Heretofore, 10% was the bottom amount recommended by Moody's as a reserve. The controller expressed concern at it being so low with the Supervisor's '08 budget. Today, Satish is quoted as saying 5%. Is ANYBODY paying attention and calling this outrageous character on these things?

Last night's TB meeting was typical. There was a public hearing on a harebrained idea of Bucki's to pass a local law instituting a hiring freeze. This would require a public hearing to hire a cleaner, for God's sake. Satish, of course, supported it, showing an overhead about how many town employees there are. However, some of his non-fans on the TB pointed out that HE was trying to get a 25% pay raise and has FOUR high paying new patronage jobs in his budget.

Please, please. people, get out to that Budget hearing next Monday night (10/22) and make a lot of noise about these things. This stuff has got to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by left wing
    I wish there was a public tally available of how much the TS has cost the taxpayers over the past 2 years, starting with the $1M+ for the highway health insurance. This man is a disaster but he keeps right on lying. Did you catch today's paper? Heretofore, 10% was the bottom amount recommended by Moody's as a reserve. The controller expressed concern at it being so low with the Supervisor's '08 budget. Today, Satish is quoted as saying 5%. Is ANYBODY paying attention and calling this outrageous character on these things?

Last night's TB meeting was typical. There was a public hearing on a harebrained idea of Bucki's to pass a local law instituting a hiring freeze. This would require a public hearing to hire a cleaner, for God's sake. Satish, of course, supported it, showing an overhead about how many town employees there are. However, some of his non-fans on the TB pointed out that HE was trying to get a 25% pay raise and has FOUR high paying new patronage jobs in his budget.

Please, please. people, get out to that Budget hearing next Monday night (10/22) and make a lot of noise about these things. This stuff has got to stop.

I'm glad you wrote this message. Can you explain the origins of this pay raise for Mohan? I heard it had something to do with O'Laughlin (sp?).

Thanks

P.S.

A pay raise for Mohan might be worthy of a thread all its own. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I'm glad you wrote this message. Can you explain the origins of this pay raise for Mohan? I heard it had something to do with O'Laughlin (sp?).

Thanks

P.S.

A pay raise for Mohan might be worthy of a thread all its own. Do you agree?

Normally, I would agree that a pay raise for Moahn would warrant its own thread. However, I think it will die a quick death. The rumor I heard was that O'L would propose it in exchange for one of those patronage positions, when he loses the county clerk race. But I do think these things need to be thoroughly aired for the public and they rarely are.

Thread Information