Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Has More Signs In the Public Right Of Way

Who Has More Signs In the Public Right Of Way

Is it me, or are the Republicans going bonkers by placing signs in the Public Right Of Way throughout the Town of Amherst..

Damn, the Collins (a popular businessman who promises to change things but knows nothing of the law), Weinstein, Rath (his mom currently makes state law), etc apparently think that the public right of way is a great place to stack their political signs up.

They seem to have some clout in ignoring law. The Town Supervisor doesn't seem to care. The Highway Superintendent couldn't be bothered, and police apparently haven't noticed. At least I've not heard of any summons being issued to have the signs removed.

Must be nice to have big money and influence with a nice healthy disregard for law.

"Must be nice to have big money and influence with a nice healthy disregard for law."

That about sums up the current state of governance in the Town of Amherst.

Wow you two are pathetic.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Could be they are jealious that thier marketing group doesn't have as many signs

Why don't you take your socks off and start counting?

Yeah, there's a buncha crap known as political signs where they shouldn't be. If they are in the public right of way, start tearin' them down.

My beefiest beef is with the apparent goal to have the largest Highway Superintendent sign. My gosh! Anderson & Kaminski are taking the 'size matters' thing purdy seriously. They are being challenged in Tonawanda by Supervisor wannabe Newman. He's also got some pretty big signs erected. Gimme a break.

Jane Woodward used to refer to election season as "silly season" because of the antics of those desiring to get elected. I don't think "silly" is a strong enough word. Bizzarro?

If you don't like it Mike, ask your town board to do what Orchard Park did.

Question

If you look at the PAC filings for Kaminski you will wonder who is paying for the plethora of signs she has in the area. She filed that she had raised $200.00.
    So where is the money coming from?
    dono

Quote Originally Posted by Dvoakley
    If you look at the PAC filings for Kaminski you will wonder who is paying for the plethora of signs she has in the area. She filed that she had raised $200.00. So where is the money coming from?
    I'm no sign maker, but there's no way that 200 smackers would pay for even the few Kaminski signs I've seen. Maybe she has a silk screen shop in her basement?

Townsfolk
    Check out the huge WAO sign on the corner of Evans/Essjay. It sits on the lawn of one of those 1/2 million dollar condos. Wonder what kind of quid pro quo WAO worked out with Ciminelli.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    If you don't like it Mike, ask your town board to do what Orchard Park did.
    The people putting the signs up are Republicans. The town board has a Republican majority. The town has been run by Republicans.

What do you think the Town Board would do?

I will be making a formal complaint to the Town as soon as I get the locations listed.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    Wow you two are pathetic.
    Spoken like a true Republican. The only important laws are the laws the other guy breaks.

Amherst candidates have pretty much respected the Public-Right-Of-Way for a long time. But now that big money is involved who cares? Being a big money whore you obviously don't.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Could be they are jealious that thier marketing group doesn't have as many signs
    So you don't mind campaign signs on public property? So much for being a law and order guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    The people putting the signs up are Republicans. The town board has a Republican majority. The town has been run by Republicans.

What do you think the Town Board would do?

I will be making a formal complaint to the Town as soon as I get the locations listed.
    It doesn't matter who the controlling board is, you will always have signs in right of ways. Whether it's a Republican board with Republican signs or a Democratic board with Democratic signs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    So you don't mind campaign signs on public property? So much for being a law and order guy.
    I don't think that it is a law and order deal so much as it is a who cares deal. If you were to see the police and/or building inspector riding aorund picking up signs people would complain that there is nothing better for them to do but pick up political signs. Since they don't do it, it is viewed as they don't care. Happens in every community in every town in every state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information