Thread: Give illegals drivers licenses ????

Question Give illegals drivers licenses ????

From Buff News article:Oct 14-07
    *my thoughts
    Give illegals licenses
    How does this protect jobs

Now, with a new Buffalo News/WGRZ-TV Channel 2 poll showing Erie County voters opposed to the idea by a whopping 72 to 22 percent, Democrats are finding it more difficult to stand behind their titular leader.
    “It is hard to project how this would have a huge positive impact for Keane,” said John Zogby of Utica, whose Zogby International conducted the poll.
    Mr.Keane has said many times, "We (Spitzers/Keane) are partners"

He recently embraced Mr.Clark - a Career Politician who called Mr.Keane a fraud and liar on his (Mr.Keane's) Military record and is now being investigate by the Erie County DA for fraudulent use of Hundreds of thousand$ in campaign fund$.

Few Democrats will publicly criticize the governor, but many here and elsewhere in the state are questioning whether Spitzers has turned into a liability during this campaign season.
    Mr.Spitzers didn't consult the election calendar before making his "Licenses for Illegals Plan" - public.

“The nervousness among local party chairs is palpable,” said one statewide Democratic activist who is following the situation. “He started a fight right in the middle of the local campaign season that nobody was prepared for.” Cant hide from an election cycle issue if its made public

A Democratic consultant said Spitzers never seemed to calculate the damage that the license order is wreaking among candidates, especially upstate.
    So the Governor should consult the Committee before taking a issue public ! ?

“Could the timing on this issue be any worse for upstate Democrats?” he asked.

Personally ,I think this is the perfect timing - people should know the true Committee/Party agendas - before they vote.

The Democratic Committees(and Republicans) are no longer the Party's of our fathers.

They have become self serving - patronage rich - and no longer live the values of the working class.

Isn't it time to look beyond Party lines - If a Career Politicians Say's , "I have the inside track on state and federal funding"
    Isn't he saying he has the experience and ability to spend your tax dollars - however he sees fit ?

Isn't he really saying , "Vote for me - I will keep the tax and spend system alive and greased with patronage appointments."

Don't you agree its time for change ?

My agenda is clear - vote for change !

The more I think of this, the more I think it is ridiculous. First how many illegals do you really think will apply for a driver's license? I think a lot of them will not because then the INS can locate them easier. Also how many illegals will be able to come up with the 6 points of ID and age ( http://www.nysdmv.com/idlicense.htm#idpoints ) absent a social security card and birth certificate?

This policy change, and the attendant media frenzy, is nothing more than a red herring.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

It doesn't matter if they can or can't, if 1 or 1,000,000 get licenses. The policy still makes it clear that this state government isn't serious about stopping illegal activity. Furthermore, it humiliates the state, virtually makes it impossible to stop the passport requirement at the Canadian border, and sends a horrible message in general!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think spitzer needs to be called to the plate and dismissed.

Steamroller my ass.. Day one may ass...

Rememeber who endorsed him. The Erie County Democratic Party lead by the one and only Lenny Lenihan. So next time you are out shopping and spot him, let him know exactly how you feel.

If I met Lenny

If I ever met Lenny Lenihen and told him what I honestly thought about him. I would probably be arrested.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think you are allowed to voice your opinion directly to thier face. Don't touch him and do not use any racial slurs. Other than that I beleive you can tell him exactly what type of job he's doing. Some people acutally told me he's a rather nice guy. So with me it's nothing personal. It's the judge of character they seem to have when endorsing candidates that clearly once elected do nothing to better our community.

Thread Information