Thread: Sell Nails down IP Line

Sell Nails down IP Line

Jeff Sell won a write-in contest for the IP line on Sept. 18th. He is now the only candidate for COunty Leg, District 8 with more than 1 line.

Jeff Sell has the Republican and Independence Party endorsements.

Incumbent Tom Mazur has the Democratic endorsement, as well as a lot of baggage....

Democrat John Dudziak will appear on the Conservative line.

Democrat Debbie Kubiak will be on the Working Families line.

Here is my prediction:

The Mazur story blows up the last 2 weeks of the campaign, delivering a fatal blow to him. He nonetheless receives 35% of the vote, as the blind sheep just pull the lever.

Dudziak takes the Lancaster Dem portion of the District and maybe a few Conservatives as well. He garners 10% of the vote.

Kubiak gets the Cedargrove and the occasional WF vote. She totals 6% of the vote.

Sell gets the Republican and IP votes and a large cross sectional of Real Conservatives. Some Dems will also be disgusted with the Mazur reports and actually cross over to the Republican candidate. Sell racks up 49% of the vote.

Good luck Jeff. You deserve to beat a scumbag like Mazur. If the people of the 8th Leg District have any morals you should win with more than 49%, but there are a lot of blind people out there who vote straight ticket. You can put a sign in my lawn!

Jeff Sell is a very capable candidate and in the Charlie Markel mode, a really good guy. Sell oughta come out of the dark and into the light and join the dems.

And at the end of the day, Mazur will take this one. Dudziak and Kubiak won't even make a dent, each picking up a small scattering of votes.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm at Union and Walden. If Jeff wants he can place a sign along the side of the road. in front of my shop. From someone who's opinion I respect who happens to know Jeff's dad mentioned Jeff is a good guy.. Did Tom ever really do anything for the town all those years he was on the town board?

Jeff's a good guy. He'll do well by the people in District 8 and the rest of Erie County. Go Jeff!!
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Well the good news is that Alex does not live in District 8. Therefore we do not have to worry about his vote.

Jeff will win. Those 3 Dems will divide the vote from their respective regions leaving Sell as the only viable choice to win. If that nuclear bomb hits Mazur, he will be done. Dudziak and Kubiak cant win on such small minor party lines.

Should I grab my rock Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    Well the good news is that Alex does not live in District 8. Therefore we do not have to worry about his vote.

Jeff will win. Those 3 Dems will divide the vote from their respective regions leaving Sell as the only viable choice to win. If that nuclear bomb hits Mazur, he will be done. Dudziak and Kubiak cant win on such small minor party lines.

Should I grab my rock Alex?
    Absolutely not 'Apples!

I've never been that high on Mazur. Pretty much a do nothing Leg. Say what you want about Dusza, but he was everywhere and anywhere, pumping and promoting the town. I think Maz just shows up to pick up his paycheck.

My analysis above just an objective one - Kubiak is a total zero, Dudziak a creation of the Lancaster dems they surely won't buck the party now, and Sell looking at huge enrollment disparity.

I just don't buy into this horrible "story" that's been circulating since last winter. Where's the DA if this was so bad? Where's the civil lawsuit if this was so bad? (re: Isiah Thomas and the Knicks). Maz has a wife and a family and is getting more knocks than they deserve.

But yeah, if I were in the eigth, I would proudly cast my vote for fellow Maryvalian Jeff Sell. Best of all I wouldn't have to hold my nose and psh the lever on row B!

Maybe every female who is sexually preyed upon does not want it to be in the press. These aren't rumors. These are facts. The girls father threatened to go public if Mazur sought re-election. Now that he won his primary, I am sure you will see this story come to light. Why did Mazur resign his teaching position at ECC at the same time this story began to circulate?

I think Dudziak will get some support from the people of Lancaster, who often feel slighted that their County Leg rep is from Cheektowaga. Being on the C-Line is tough, but he can draw some votes from the Conservatives. He had a fairly decent showing in the Dem primary, so if those people stay with him, he should be able to get 10%.

Kubiak has little support, but the Cedargrove contingent like her. And the 2 or 3 WF members who vote may pull her lever.

Sell is the only one with 2 lines. So if Dems are turned off by the Mazur story, then they can vote Sell on the IP line.

I have nothing bad to say about Mr. Dusza. You are right he was everywhere. His age may have caught up to him towards the end, causing him to say things he shouldnt have. The only unfortunate thing that tarnished his rep was when Mazur was trying to hire him so that Ray could pad his pension and his comment on the measly $10/hour or whatever he said. It was bad timing since it was during the whole budget crisis. Any other time before that, the media would not have picked up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    Kubiak has little support, but the Cedargrove contingent like her. And the 2 or 3 WF members who vote may pull her lever.
    I am not so sure that Kubiak has Cedargrove's support anymore. Rumor has it former Town Attorney, Mike Stachowski, put her up to running and, if that's the case, Cedargrove doesn't want Stach's hand in anything whether it's the County or the Town.

Thread Information