Thread: Last night at the airport...

Last night at the airport...

Last night I experienced one of the most humbling but proud moments of my life. On my flight from ATL to Buffalo were some of the family members and fellow Marines that served with Sgt. Trevor Cook, also on our plane was his body. When we boarded the plan, the flight crew made an announcement of who they were and why they were on board, I’ve never heard a plane quite down so fast in my life. Upon arrival in Buffalo, there were no less than a dozen, police and fire vehicle’s there to welcome the plane. Upon arrival at the gate, all but one woman (I’d have to assume she was Canadian) sat still and patiently until the Marines and family members exited the plane and down on to the tarmac to collect Sgt Cook’s body. On the tarmac were the parents of Sgt Cook and 6 more Marines acting as pall bearers. Normally when a plane lands 2 hours behind schedule people are pushing and fighting to get off the plane, but nearly everyone took their time getting off the plane, in fact many who had views of the events going on outside the plane sat and watched. Even though the loss of any service member is sad and humbling event, the fact that at 1AM, on a plane that was 2 hours late, almost every person took the time to show a huge amount of respect to the friends and family of Sgt Cook makes me as an American unbelievably proud.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Upon arrival at the gate, all but one woman (I’d have to assume she was Canadian) sat still and patiently until the Marines and family members exited the plane and down on to the tarmac to collect Sgt Cook’s body.
    Naah.
    That was Fiona.

Kidding aside.
    Godspeed Sgt. Cook.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

A few months back I was in the Baltimore airport waiting to board. They were behind schedule, which really wasn't new.
    All of the Southwest employees suddenly took off running from all over the terminal to a corner gate. The applause started, and everyone in the terminal realized that it was about 40 military personnel who were getting off the plane. It was the most amazing display I have ever seen - everyone got off their cell phones, stopped their conversations, and went down and applauded these heros.

It was amazing, and I am so glad I was able to experience it. I'm sure you are glad D as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    Naah.
    That was Fiona.

Kidding aside.
    Godspeed Sgt. Cook.
    Nah, fiona and her hippie friends were spitting on the marines when they arrived at the gate.

All kidding aside, that is truly a great moment for patriotism.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Yeah, I get this email about once a week myself.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Yeah, I get this email about once a week myself.
    You are ****ing embarrassment to this county, I wrote it myself you ass!

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/top_s...e-return-home/

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    You are ****ing embarrassment to this county, I wrote it myself you ass!

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/top_s...e-return-home/
    Yes, I figured that. But hardly a week goes by without one of my less internet-savvy family members forwarding me the meme of everyone on a plane chipping in to buy a soldier some lunch, or everyone giving up their seat on the bus for a returning vet, someone shaking the hands of every soldier in the train station, or every (whatever) doing (whatever) (wherever) for an anonymous soldier.

They're all nice sentiments, and deservedly so. Our troops do a hell of a job.

But if people really wanted to show the soldiers some appreciation and respect, they'd stop paying them peanuts, stop tossing them into impossible combat situations overseas and stop pretending that a yellow ribbon, made-in-China bumper magnet on your SUV somehow means you're patriotic.

Ass. (_l_)
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Please you were probably the women who got up even after she was asked not to.

Our soldiers don't choose what wars we fight our leaders do, including the one you supported that sent another 70,000 troops overseas and started another war in two other oil nations.

By the way without those SUV's every american car company would have vanished under Clinton!

Thread Information