Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti Union

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Anti Union

Deerhunter
    I don't like Collins' anti Union stance, obviously because I'm a Union member.
    Do you make a point of only dealing with unionized businesses for all your personal shopping and service needs?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Deerhunter,

Would you change your cable/dish tv service if you knew you could support a company who supplied cable/dish service who was pro-union inside and out if that service would then cost 30% or 40% more per month? Knowing each year your cable tv service cost could go up 10% or 20% or more?

When I can, I do

I don't really seek out Union shops in my everyday activities. I do avoid going into Walmart because of their anti-union policies. And I won't vote for a candidate that is anti Union. I could have bought a Toyota, but went with a Chevy. If I knew a company was anti union , I would try and avoid it. Same as I won't buy gas at Citgo. I don't like Chavez. Are Associations really just Unions. I don't know if Doctors or Lawyers pay Union dues, but they are affiliated with groups that lobby for them. They are getting money from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Deerhunter,

Would you change your cable/dish tv service if you knew you could support a company who supplied cable/dish service who was pro-union inside and out if that service would then cost 30% or 40% more per month? Knowing each year your cable tv service cost could go up 10% or 20% or more?
    Excellent question. Of course, it's nearly impossible to only do business with unionized business because there aren't that many left, in the private sector anyway.

I wonder if he gets his news from The Buffalo News. It's unionized after all.

Yes

yes, and I would expect to pay more for a Union provided service. As well I would expect them to do a thorough, satisfactory job. I've got TW and couldn't tell you if they are Union or not. I use Verizon because I know their workers are Union, and do a great job. A friend of mine is a lineman for them. As well I've a good friend that works for National Grid, so I would not go with another provider. They are both Union , and both make over 75k with benefits and retirement plans. They make more than I. I am glad for them. Both great , hardworking guys. Their Sunday/Holiday/Emergency rate is like triple time. I have no problem with that either. That is time away from their families, they are providing a service, and do a good job. I guess I'm not an envious or jealous person. Some people make more than I, owe well.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    I don't really seek out Union shops in my everyday activities. I do avoid going into Walmart because of their anti-union policies. And I won't vote for a candidate that is anti Union. I could have bought a Toyota, but went with a Chevy. If I knew a company was anti union , I would try and avoid it. Same as I won't buy gas at Citgo. I don't like Chavez. Are Associations really just Unions. I don't know if Doctors or Lawyers pay Union dues, but they are affiliated with groups that lobby for them. They are getting money from somewhere.
    Why wouldn't you support a candidate that was for all working people not just people who work for Union Inc?

because there is no such thing

Whoever gets the endorsments determines who I vote for. We interview any parties that seek our endorsement. We then decide who we will endorse. It isn't any complicated process. How they answer determines who we endorse. We endorse candidates that agree with us on different issues. It is the job of the PBA to look out for members of the PBA, them and their families. We vote for people that share our views. Why would someone vote for a person they didn't agree with ? If someone is pro life, do you think they would vote for someone pro choice ?

Whoever gets the endorsments determines who I vote for.
    So you vote for whoever they tell you to vote for ?

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles

300 you hit the nail on the head.This is the reason we live in Bedrock,the cavepeople here do vote for who ever the unions tell them too. Find a yard sign and you find a public sector Union Family.File this info for a later time,It will come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    If he does so what? The Coast Guard clown who also responded to you would never vote for a union candidate or pro-union issue no matter what it was.

So why is there a difference between someone who has an anti-union voting attitude and someone who has a pro-union voting attitude?

You should be critical of both shouldn't you, and yet you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    If he does so what? The Coast Guard clown who also responded to you would never vote for a union candidate or pro-union issue no matter what it was.

So why is there a difference between someone who has an anti-union voting attitude and someone who has a pro-union voting attitude?

You should be critical of both shouldn't you, and yet you are not.
    Dont worry Mike I am sitting this years election out. You people broke it and I am confident that you people will fix it.

I usually do vote for our endorsed candidates

I have broken from that practice from time to time, in instances where I knew a candidate. But for the most part I vote for PBA endorsed candidates. Especially in Judicial cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Dont worry Mike I am sitting this years election out. You people broke it and I am confident that you people will fix it.
    Nice try. Felons can't vote.

Whoever gets the endorsments determines who I vote for. We interview any parties that seek our endorsement. We then decide who we will endorse. It isn't any complicated process. How they answer determines who we endorse.
    You have to admit, that's a pretty selfish way of looking at things. You select your vote, based solely on how it will effect your wallet.

Not that there's anything wrong with that - I vote the same way. How much money you, or other municipal workers, make is really of no concern to me. I'm worried about my own wallet, as well. Personally, I don't have enough money that I can afford the luxury of worrying about others. I'm too busy being concerned with my own finances.

By the same token, I've been buying foreign cars for some time now. I used to buy American, but I had too many problems. Maybe things have changed, but when you have a new car that has problems the second you leave the showroom, you become jaded. Besides, my foreign car was built in the States, anyway. Did Union members build it? I don't know, nor do I care.

So, you should understand that, as a taxpayer, I am very much turned off by candidates that receive across the board Union endorsements. For that reason, amongst others, I will vote for Collins.

Why would someone vote for a person they didn't agree with ? If someone is pro life, do you think they would vote for someone pro choice ?
    Yes I do. You have to take into account all the issues, not just one. There is not one candidate out there that will completely agree with what I feel all the time and you have to compromise. The pro-life/pro-choice is just one issue, but really holds no weight with most of the people that the PBA endorses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information