Thread: 73 Thousand U.S. Gulf War Deaths

Angry 73 Thousand U.S. Gulf War Deaths

What you won't learn from Mainstream Media.

More Gulf War Veterans have died than Vietnam Veterans:
    The Department of Veterans Affairs, May 2007, Gulf War Veterans Information System reports the following:

Total U.S. Military Gulf War Deaths: 73,846
    – Deaths amongst Deployed: 17,847
    – Deaths amongst Non-Deployed: 55,999

Total “Undiagnosed Illness” (UDX) claims: 14,874
    Total number of disability claims filed: 1,620,906
    - Disability Claims amongst Deployed: 407,911
    - Disability Claims amongst Non-Deployed: 1,212,995

Percentage of combat troops that filed Disability Claims 36%

More than 1,820 tons of radio active nuclear waste uranium were exploded into Iraq alone in the form of armor piercing rounds and bunker busters, representing the worlds worst man made ecological disaster ever. 64 kg of uranium were used in the Hiroshima bomb. The U.S. Iraq Nuclear Holocaust represents far more than fourteen thousand Hiroshima’s. The nuclear waste the U.S. has exploded into the Middle East will continue killing for billions of years and can wipe out more than a third of life on earth. Gulf War Veterans who have ingested the uranium will continue to die off over a number of years.

So far more than one million people have been slaughtered in the illegal invasion of Iraqi by the U.S. Birth defects are up 600% in Iraq – the same will apply to U.S. Veterans.

Statistics and evidence published by the government and mainstream media in no way reflect the extreme gravity of the situation.
    http://www.opednews.com/articles/gen..._of_vetera.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bush.jpg  

Liar!

What you Can't learn from liars such as gonerail!
    Read for yourself - http://www1.va.gov/rac-gwvi/docs/GWVIS_May2007.pdf

“Gulf War Mortality Data.” Please contact VHA’s Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards for more information regarding Gulf War mortality data.The GWVIS statistical reports, containing death counts, do not constitute a Gulf War veteran mortality study.

Here are the meaning of the numbers you so blindly follow off the cliff. Liar!

Category - Conflict -Theater -Deployed -Era -Total

Veteran Deaths- 13,517 -4,330 -17,847 -55,999 -73,846
    Now for definitions on how to read the info. Liar!

Conflict is a subset of Deployed.
    Conflict identifies active duty service members deployed to Southwest
    Asia during the Gulf War, from August 2, 1990, through July 31, 1991. This includes Active Duty as
    well as Activated Reserve Forces.
    Limitations: The initial Gulf War air campaign began on January 17, 1991, and it lasted through
    February 28, 1991. The Gulf War ground invasion into Iraq and Kuwait began February 24, 1991, and it
    stopped on February 28, 1991. VA defines the Southwest Asia theater as Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia,
    the neutral zone between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, the
    Gulf of Aden, the Gulf of Oman, the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea, the Red Sea, and the airspace above
    these locations

Theater is a subset of Deployed. Theater identifies active duty service members who deployed to
    Southwest Asia during the Gulf War from August 1, 1991, until the present. This includes Active Duty
    as well as Activated Reserve Forces. Service members who served in both the Conflict and the Theater
    time periods are reported only under Conflict.
    Limitations: VA defines the Southwest Asia theater as Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the neutral zone
    between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, the Gulf of Aden, the
    Gulf of Oman, the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea, the Red Sea, and the airspace above these locations.

Deployed identifies active duty service members who served at least one day in the Southwest Asia
    theater of operations from August 2, 1990, through the present. VA uses the period from August 2,
    1990, to the present to identify service members deployed to the Southwest Asia theater of operations
    who are potentially eligible for additional VA benefits (such as undiagnosed illness compensation).
    Deployed includes Activated Reserve Forces. Deployed equals the sum of the Conflict and Theater
    categories.
    Limitations: VA defines the Southwest Asia theater as Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the neutral zone
    between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, the Gulf of Aden, the
    Gulf of Oman, the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea, the Red Sea, and the airspace above these locations.

Era identifies service members
    who did not deploy to the Gulf War. This includes Active Duty,
    Activated Reserve Forces, and Non-Activated Reserve Forces.

Why not read the report before you submit your fabricated assumptions on a report that you have failed to read. If you had read the report then you are outright lying in your statements to this board.

Gulf War Mortality Data
    1990 - 1997
    This report, supplied by VHA, shows death rates from 1990 to 1997 of US Gulf War veterans deployed
    to the Gulf War region before March 1, 1991 compared to non-Gulf War veterans over the same period.

This study compared the mortality among the 621,902 Gulf War veterans who served at least one day during Operations
    Desert Shield and Desert Storm (those arriving in the Southwest Asia theater of operations after August 2, 1990, but
    before March 1, 1991) to the mortality among 746,248 non-Gulf War veterans who served during this conflict but were
    not deployed to this area, and includes Active Duty, and activated Reserve Forces.
    The Southwest Asia theater of operations is as defined by DoD’s Defense Manpower Data Center.
    Non-Gulf War veterans used for comparison in this study were service members who served during this period but did
    not deploy to the Southwest Asia theater of operations, and includes Active Duty, and activated Reserve Forces (from
    “Mortality among US Veterans of the Persian Gulf War: 7-Year Follow-up,” Kang, Han K., and Tim A. Bullman,
    American Journal of Epidemiology, 2001, 154(5): 399-405).
    This study by the Department of Veterans Affairs is still ongoing.

Veteran Deaths

Identifies deceased veterans reported only in VBA’s Compensation and Pension Master Record (CPMR)
    and the Beneficiary Identification and Records Locator Subsystem (BIRLS).
    Limitations: These counts reflect raw data that have not been subjected to any statistical analysis nor
    adjusted in any way to make it a mortality study. There has been no adjustment to account for age,
    gender, race, and other items required for a valid mortality study. In addition, the data will not reflect
    deaths reported after April 2007. The use of these data to draw conclusions regarding mortality rates
    will result in inaccurate conclusions. For analysis of Gulf War veteran mortality, see “Mortality among
    US Veterans of the Persian Gulf War: 7-Year Follow-up,” Han K. Kang and Tim A. Bullman, American
    Journal of Epidemiology, 2001, 154(5): 399-405.

gonerail - why is it that people like you don't trust the "mainstream media", yet you take as gospel whatever any bozo with a website writes?

Unregistered

Whats the male-female ratio on those gulf war deaths & disabilities?

Whats the male-female ratio on those gulf war deaths & disabilities?

Lets talk about gender equality....hhmm...but not of equal responsibility

shouldnt women be fired so returning veterans can get jobs

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    gonerail - why is it that people like you don't trust the "mainstream media", yet you take as gospel whatever any bozo with a website writes?
    because the "bozos with websites" tell them what they want to hear.

Talking GEEZ !!! Cut my head off - Kill the messenger Etc.

Statistics and evidence published by the government and mainstream media in no way reflect the extreme gravity of the situation.

A lot of yack about what you posters read into the stats but pretty quiet on the Depleted Uranium part. Good to know there are so many Rightards ready to argue points in support of the Bush crime syndicate and the way our veterans are used as pawns again !!! You go right ahead and yell LIAR. Proves you are a card carrying Hater in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by gonerail

A lot of yack about what you posters read into the stats but pretty quiet on the Depleted Uranium part. Good to know there are so many Rightards ready to argue points in support of the Bush crime syndicate and the way our veterans are used as pawns again !!! You go right ahead and yell LIAR. Proves you are a card carrying Hater in my book.
    Good try swamp gas.
    The hater and liar is you.
    The only hate I have is for people such as yourself who wish to use false or distorted information, such as you blame our president of doing, to support an agenda that is anti-America. You don't support our troops or our country.

Calling out your intention does not make anyone here a hater. Makes them observant and intelligent enough to think on their own.
    Not needing to be lead around by someone whose agenda is anti-America.

Your post is a complete lie and fabrication. Anything you care to offer at this point is moot and with the sources you have chosen to use why bother any debate with you.

No one here has even posted one thing about President Bush pro or con and you are telling us we have. Another lie.

Your delusions have controlled your mind.

The Department of Veterans Affairs, May 2007, Gulf War Veterans Information System reports the following:

More than 1,820 tons of radio active nuclear waste uranium were exploded into Iraq alone in the form of armor piercing rounds and bunker busters, representing the worlds worst man made ecological disaster ever. 64 kg of uranium were used in the Hiroshima bomb. The U.S. Iraq Nuclear Holocaust represents far more than fourteen thousand Hiroshima’s. The nuclear waste the U.S. has exploded into the Middle East will continue killing for billions of years and can wipe out more than a third of life on earth. Gulf War Veterans who have ingested the uranium will continue to die off over a number of years.

So far more than one million people have been slaughtered in the illegal invasion of Iraqi by the U.S. Birth defects are up 600% in Iraq – the same will apply to U.S. Veterans.

More Gulf War Veterans have died than Vietnam Veterans: Get your facts right...you forgotten to add in the 230,000 who died to wounds after leaving Vietnam, and the Govt said they will not be added to the wall....so its closer to 3oo,ooo in 13 years...you think I'm wrong check out the numbers going all the way back, and don't believe anything the Veterans Affairs has to say because they lie, and they don't take care of the vets like the should...I
    ve been without a rap group for going on three years now, and I keep asking the VA for a new placement, and you know what...I will never see another group setting because I am too old now...So much for helping the Veterans...Oh BTW my new therapist is a draft dogger, and he's proud of it too.......thank you Bush...!!!! So, stop reading the Govt number misplacements, and start talking to the Veterans...they'll tell you what's really going on in America...Did you know if it was not for the Nam Vets Vietnam would not have any trade with America...Nam vets head back to Nam every August....write about that....Nam vets running rap groups for frmer enemy viet cong's....because they are vets too....furthmore, I am so sick of people using my WAR for a spring Board to what's happing around the world...And you know what I wish...you could have been there !!! It was a time of MADNESS in this world unlike you will ever see again....When those students at Kent state were killed I just walked out of another countless fire fight...that's MADNESS.....Reading your name on a paper list marking you to die that day...that's MADNESS.....Hearing your name called out laste at night in the darkness of Vietnam while hungered down on the line of your combat base perimeter, while waiting for Charile (VC) to strike out at you knowing he knows your name...that's MADNESS....Hearing the american song My girl being played over, and over again in the night while Jane Fonda tells you to come over to the side of North Vietnam...that's MADNESS.....Coming home only to have been punched, kicked, and spit on...that's INSANITY !
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

More Gulf War Veterans have died than Vietnam Veterans: ..You forgotten to add in the 230,000 who died to wounds after leaving Vietnam, and the Govt said they will not be added to the wall....so its closer to 3oo,ooo in 13 years...you think I'm wrong check out the numbers going all the way back, and don't believe anything the Veterans Affairs has to say because they lie, and they don't take care of the vets like the should...

I' ve been without a rap group for going on three years now, and I keep asking the VA for a new placement, and you know what...I will never see another group setting because I am too old now...So much for helping the Veterans...Oh BTW my new therapist is a draft dogger, and he's proud of it too.......thank you Bush...!!!! So, stop reading the Govt number misplacements, and start talking to the Veterans...they'll tell you what's really going on in America...Did you know if it was not for the Nam Vets Vietnam would not have any trade with America...Nam vets head back to Nam every August....write about that....Nam vets running rap groups for frmer enemy viet cong's....because they are vets too....furthmore, I am so sick of people using my WAR for a spring Board to what's happing around the world...And you know what I wish...you could have been there !!! It was a time of MADNESS in this world unlike you will ever see again....When those students at Kent state were killed I just walked out of another countless fire fight...that's MADNESS.....Reading your name on a paper list marking you to die that day...that's MADNESS.....Hearing your name called out laste at night in the darkness of Vietnam while hungered down on the line of your combat base perimeter, while waiting for Charile (VC) to strike out at you knowing he knows your name...that's MADNESS....Hearing the american song My girl being played over, and over again in the night while Jane Fonda tells you to come over to the side of North Vietnam...that's MADNESS.....Coming home only to have been punched, kicked, and spit on...that's INSANITY !
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    because the "bozos with websites" tell them what they want to hear.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thread Information