Thread: Satish puts "Amherst first"

Satish puts "Amherst first"

Today's Bee has a Satish editorial that should be mandatory reading for every Town of Amherst resident.

Dr. Satish quotes both Jefferson and Lincoln in this diatribe. The piece rambles on in his unique style. Unfortunatley he writes the same way he speaks. It is also full of opinion stated as fact i.e. ...." we should manage the town as we would manage our family." Gee I wonder who the father figure would be in this little fantasy world!!! I wonder if he realizes how many Amherst families are run by women.

In reference to TB members he states that "They vote either on a partisan basis, to promote themselves or to benefit special interests." Perhaps he should tell Schratz and O'Loughlin to stop following his lead and think for themselves.

The main target of his wrath are union members but he fails to mention that he himself belongs to a union from which he will draw benefits that Town employees can only dream about. He says that..."98 prcent of the citizens don't belong to any union." Gee that seems like an opinion not fact. I'm betting it's way off base since almost all teachers, state, municipal, federal, hospital, grocery store......etc. etc. etc. workers belong to unions.

Tell everyone you know to read this column and say a prayer that some union leader with stones makes some kind of rebuttal.

Oh, yeah, in fairness there is one statement that is dead on...."First, the citizens make wrong choices during elections...." You got that right Dr. Mohan and the most regrettable "wrong choice" was made in November 2005

Yessir!

Amen Surface Amen!
    dono

I also liked the Bee's editorial this week.

All you have to do is either attend a TB meeting or work session and if you cannot attend a meeting watch on TV how certain department heads try to advise them of the TB proposed actions and in most cases fall on deft ears. These part time individuals "think" they are more informed than the full time management personnel. My favorite is when the head of I believe is the Inspections Dept. begins to explain something and the TS stops him from completing his statement. I have been told that there may be a little professional jealosy here because even though the TS has degrees in engineering, he does not hold a license to practice it in this state whereas this department head is.

...." we should manage the town as we would manage our family."
    I don't see anything sexist in this, I just think he means that the Town should run on a workable budget within our means.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    I don't see anything sexist in this, I just think he means that the Town should run on a workable budget within our means.
    In fairness to Mohan, I agree with you. It seems like some people pick away at every word that exits the guys mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    In fairness to Mohan, I agree with you. It seems like some people pick away at every word that exits the guys mouth.
    I think his comments reflect a very paternalistic attitude - Father knows best. Doesn't fly with me. This is very apparent in the way he operates.

C'mon Now

Do you really think Satish sat down and wrote that editorial all by himself? Do you really think Amherst First all of a sudden appeared out of his thought waves? Don't you remember the name of the "party" he tried to form to run his candidates? I'll give you a hint Amherst First. This guy is as political as anyone only he is a member of the upper class who knows what's best for us peasants.
    dono

Thread Information