Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Phony Soldiers.

The Phony Soldiers.

i'm not sure if the oxy's flowing again or he really is this dumb. . .

LIMBAUGH: Mike in Chicago, welcome to the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER 1: Hi Rush, how you doing today?

LIMBAUGH: I'm fine sir, thank you.

CALLER 1: Good. Why is it that you always just accuse the Democrats of being against the war and suggest that there are absolutely no Republicans that could possibly be against the war?

LIMBAUGH: Well, who are these Republicans? I can think of Chuck Hagel, and I can think of Gordon Smith, two Republican senators, but they don't want to lose the war like the Democrats do. I can't think of -- who are the Republicans in the anti-war movement?

CALLER 1: I'm just -- I'm not talking about the senators. I'm talking about the general public -- like you accuse the public of all the Democrats of being, you know, wanting to lose, but --

LIMBAUGH: Oh, come on! Here we go again. I uttered a truth, and you can't handle it, so you gotta call here and change the subject. How come I'm not also hitting Republicans? I don't know a single Republican or conservative, Mike, who wants to pull out of Iraq in defeat. The Democrats have made the last four years about that specifically.

CALLER 1: Well, I am a Republican, and I've listened to you for a long time, and you're right on a lot of things, but I do believe that we should pull out of Iraq. I don't think it's winnable. And I'm not a Democrat, but I just -- sometimes you've got to cut the losses.

LIMBAUGH: Well, you -- you --

CALLER 1: I mean, sometimes you really gotta know when you're wrong.

LIMBAUGH: Well, yeah, you do. I'm not wrong on this. The worst thing that can happen is losing this, flying out of there, waving the white flag. Do you have --

CALLER 1: Oh, I'm not saying that. I'm not saying anything like that, but, you know --

LIMBAUGH: Well, of course you are.

CALLER 1: No, I'm not.

LIMBAUGH: Bill, the truth is -- the truth is the truth, Mike.

CALLER 1: We did what we were supposed to do, OK. We got rid of Saddam Hussein. We got rid of a lot of the terrorists. Let them run their country --

LIMBAUGH: Oh, good lord! Good lord.

[...]

CALLER 1: How long is it gonna -- how long do you think we're going to have to be there for them to take care of that?

LIMBAUGH: Mike --

CALLER 1: How long -- you know -- what is it?

LIMBAUGH: Mike --

CALLER 1: What is it?

LIMBAUGH: Mike, you can't possibly be a Republican.

CALLER 1: I am.

LIMBAUGH: You are -- you are --

CALLER 1: I am definitely a Republican.

LIMBAUGH: You can't be a Republican. You are --

CALLER 1: Oh, I am definitely a Republican.

LIMBAUGH: You are tarnishing the reputation, 'cause you sound just like a Democrat.

CALLER 1: No, but --

LIMBAUGH: The answer to your question --

CALLER 1: -- seriously, how long do we have to stay there --

LIMBAUGH: As long as it takes!

CALLER 1: -- to win it? How long?

LIMBAUGH: As long as it takes! It is very serious.

CALLER 1: And that is what?

LIMBAUGH: This is the United States of America at war with Islamofascists. We stay as long -- just like your job. You do everything you have to do, whatever it takes to get it done, if you take it seriously.

CALLER 1: So then you say we need to stay there forever --

LIMBAUGH: I -- it won't --

CALLER 1: -- because that's what it'll take.

LIMBAUGH: No, Bill, or Mike -- I'm sorry. I'm confusing you with the guy from Texas.

CALLER 1: See, I -- I've used to be military, OK? And I am a Republican.

LIMBAUGH: Yeah. Yeah.

CALLER 1: And I do live [inaudible] but --

LIMBAUGH: Right. Right. Right, I know.

CALLER 1: -- you know, really -- I want you to be saying how long it's gonna take.

LIMBAUGH: And I, by the way, used to walk on the moon!

CALLER 1: How long do we have to stay there?

LIMBAUGH: You're not listening to what I say. You can't possibly be a Republican. I'm answering every question. That's not what you want to hear, so it's not even penetrating your little wall of armor you've got built up.

[...]

LIMBAUGH: Another Mike, this one in Olympia, Washington. Welcome to the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER 2: Hi Rush, thanks for taking my call.

LIMBAUGH: You bet.

CALLER 2: I have a retort to Mike in Chicago, because I am a serving American military, in the Army. I've been serving for 14 years, very proudly.

LIMBAUGH: Thank you, sir.

CALLER 2: And, you know, I'm one of the few that joined the Army to serve my country, I'm proud to say, not for the money or anything like that. What I would like to retort to is that, if we pull -- what these people don't understand is if we pull out of Iraq right now, which is about impossible because of all the stuff that's over there, it'd take us at least a year to pull everything back out of Iraq, then Iraq itself would collapse, and we'd have to go right back over there within a year or so. And --

LIMBAUGH: There's a lot more than that that they don't understand. They can't even -- if -- the next guy that calls here, I'm gonna ask him: Why should we pull -- what is the imperative for pulling out? What's in it for the United States to pull out? They can't -- I don't think they have an answer for that other than, "Well, we just gotta bring the troops home."

CALLER 2: Yeah, and, you know what --

LIMBAUGH: "Save the -- keep the troops safe" or whatever. I -- it's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people.

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

LIMBAUGH: The phony soldiers.

CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.

LIMBAUGH: They joined to be in Iraq. They joined --

CALLER 2: A lot of them -- the new kids, yeah.

LIMBAUGH: Well, you know where you're going these days, the last four years, if you signed up. The odds are you're going there or Afghanistan or somewhere.

CALLER 2: Exactly, sir.
    it would be pretty laughable, except this draft dodger is the go-to guy for interviews anytime the vice president wants press coverage.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Why is it that the leftwing loons are always the ones to know what Rush Limbaugh does on any particular show? If it weren't for them I'm not sure Rush would have an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Why is it that the leftwing loons are always the ones to know what Rush Limbaugh does on any particular show? If it weren't for them I'm not sure Rush would have an audience.
    Yours is the same problem of those who don't want to know anything about Arab culture, or engage in political and social dialogue with that part of the world.

Know Thine Enemy -- Sun Tzu
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Yours is the same problem of those who don't want to know anything about Arab culture, or engage in political and social dialogue with that part of the world.

Know Thine Enemy -- Sun Tzu

Uh, I watch Countdown with Olberman, and I've attempted to listen to the cackling of Stephanie Miller, but I suppose that doesn't count?

As I said, it's the leftwing loons that accuse everyone of listening to Rush or watching Fox, but I never see anyone other than those same clowns repeating what Rush or Fox have said/done.

You guys have an obsession with that crap that can't be healthy.

I've spent plenty of time in the middle east. How about you?

nice deflection, fish. i read the transcript at some dirty hippy site. like stephanie miller, ed schultz, that woman (who's name i forget) that was, i think, on 1270am, sandy beach, windbag baurle and most other "news" talk, rush does nothing to educate or inform his listeners, which is not really their job i guess. either way i tend not to pay attention to them as you don't really learn anything and when you do, its usually inaccurate, regardless of who's water they're carrying.

the whole point of bringing this up is to see whether there will be the same fainting spells that were the result of the gen. patreus/moveon.org ad. it will be interesting to see if it does bring the same result. but i doubt it because its not criticism of armed forces personel that gets under their skin. rather, its criticism, just or not, of their own actions and policies that drive them nuts. patreus was just a mouthpiece.

though i hope they don't decide to distract the business of the congress to denouce what is, someone's (albeit an ignorant, opiate addled, moronic someone) right to say what he wants.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

In order to deflect one would have to know what the hell they were deflecting from. You simply cut and pasted a Rush Limbaugh call. I haven't a clue as to what the point was.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    i'm not sure if the oxy's flowing again or he really is this dumb. . .

it would be pretty laughable, except this draft dodger is the go-to guy for interviews anytime the vice president wants press coverage.
    Have you seen a pylonidal cyst? When they are removed you can pack a golf ball in the space that's left. The military only wants able bodied people, not anyone who would require wound packing three times a day in the middle of no where.
    I know of a young man,right now, who's acceptence into the military is delayed because he had a childhood history of nose bleeds.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    Have you seen a pylonidal cyst? When they are removed you can pack a golf ball in the space that's left. The military only wants able bodied people, not anyone who would require wound packing three times a day in the middle of no where.
    I know of a young man,right now, who's acceptence into the military is delayed because he had a childhood history of nose bleeds.

I find it distasteful to make excuses for people that can't get in to the military (generally speaking). Perhaps Rush did have cysts so bad that he was unable to serve, but that seems awfully convenient to me. How long does it take to recover from one of those?

I find it distasteful to make excuses for people that can't get in to the military (generally speaking). Perhaps Rush did have cysts so bad that he was unable to serve, but that seems awfully convenient to me. How long does it take to recover from one of those?
    this is an interesting run-down. i can't seem to find anything that does say much different without there being a genuine slant to the opinion of the page (right or left). this quote is telling, though.

". . .I didn't want to go - just as Govenor Clinton didn't"
    except he leaves out the part where he was a supporter of the vietnam war and clinton, while a draft dodger, was actively protesting against the war. subtle difference? but a difference.

Thanks for the scoop.
    Man, he sure does not go out of his way to clear up the issue. I will say I'm surprised that more people don't manage to fool the screener or that somebody doesn't manage to pin him down in an interview.

It wasn't me making the excuse, it was the government. As a nurse, the infection control issue that some things present makes it very clear why some diagnosis are not allowed.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Exclamation

I am shocked that:

-Lindbaugh has been on the air for over 20 years
    -Lindbaugh has had best-selling books
    -Lindbaugh makes $50 million or more a year
    -Lindbaugh has a total weekly audience of 23 million listeners
    -Rush still lives

The "walls are closing in" for the mainstream and radical media and they have to work harder than ever to defend their indefensible irrational Conservative BS, locally and nationally.

"Rush" is beginning to lose it. So is Bill O' Reilly.
    Maybe Laura Ingram, Ann Coulter & Dr. Laura will all have a nervous breakdown and shut up for a while. That would be nice.

Randi Rhodes may be obnoxious now and then but she and the rest of the "liberal" talk show hosts such as Ed Schultz & Stephanie Miller tell you to do your own reasearch

The format and substance of their shows are not condescending or insulting;They ask the listener to think for themselves and do their own research, something you NEVER see or hear from the mainstream media.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

They are left wing loons only because you agree with Rush. That's why you shoot the messenger and not the message.

Post Bill Moyers on the fallen: Can you find a “phony” in the bunch?

THIS IS GOOD !!

Though he has far more class than to say so explicitly, I suspect that Bill Moyers was upset by Rush Limbaugh’s statement that any troop member advocating withdrawal was a “phony soldier”. He looks at the seven soldiers who penned the op-ed in the NY Times questioning why remain in Iraq and the tragic price three have paid.

Funny, none of them look remotely phony to me, Rush…

Video at: http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/0...-in-the-bunch/

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    They are left wing loons only because you agree with Rush. That's why you shoot the messenger and not the message.

I'd have to know what Rush was saying in order to agree with him wouldn't I? It's clowns like you that tune in, deal with it. Better get your milk and cookies ready Mikey, Rush will be on soon and you need to get your faux outrage ready lemming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information