Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Political Club

The New Political Club

The Friends and Family plan is alive and well in WS. Just to name a few of what is known. Shawn Martin a Clarke/Meegan ally is paid for being the Town Attorn., plus another amount for being one of the prosecutors, plus was just given a patronage jobs as the attorn for the Dems at the EC leg, all to the tune of over $100k of our money. Oh and how could we forget his wife was just hired to a full time job in the Town Clerk's Office and Clarke/Meegan granted her a higher than advertised salary. Funny thing about this is he was very instrumental in the Harrington for Town Justice Campaign, with Clarke/Meegan.

But wait there's more---

Justice Harrington's campaign manager E. Hicks was appointed as a member of the zoning board, and next thing we know her husband Kris Hicks promoted to a crew chief in the b and g dept, this is the same man that has been in trouble for going to his home multiple times a day on "town time", and was caught via a photo during work hours getting perscriptions.

But wait there's more---

the last three hires two hires in the b and g dept, Mr Marino (harrington supporter) who is also the son-in-law of Zoning board member Sandy Rosenswie (independence party chair and clarke/meegan ally), and Mr Parker (clarke's best friend and Harrington supporter)

where is the lawsuit on this???

So how's that downsized town board working out for you guys???
    Fully stimulated...

All I see are discretionay decisions that one may, or may not, like. Unless you can prove something illegal or againt the ethics code. Perhaps there may be a violation of the civil service law depending on the positions and civil service list/criteria.

If you think otherwise you are free to file a suit yourself.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    So how's that downsized town board working out for you guys???
    It's not the size of the board, it's the people on the board.

This is a good reason to clean house. It shows how politicans grease each others palms. What WS needs is a new town board and a new supervisor. Whoever comes on board can't do any worse than what we already have. I would like to know what Martin has that makes him so valuable. From the comments I've heard at the town hall, is that he is not that well liked. He has taken upon himself to decide when and where he will do work and for whom. The town board seems to go along with his personal agenda. I hope when election time comes, that the people of WS remember the past and truly THINK before they go into the voting booth, because if they re-elect what we have now, then they deserve to have to deal with the "family and friends" plan.

On second thought

The more you look at the appointments made recently, you can see Tina Bove's hand in it. She has always pulled Clarke's strings from the time she was on the town board and now she is doing it with Martin and his appointment to the Leg. At the Democratic Committee meetings, Martin and Bove are joined at the hip.

Soooo, do you think she might run for Supervisor? After all, she would have her buddy Martin as her town attorney and I'm sure she would love to have Clarke on her town board because he would do whatever she asked.

The way I see it, Bove is behind these appointment and might be setting herself up for a run at the town, especially if she is eliminated with the downsizing of the Leg.

Something to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by rumor4wny View Post
    where is the lawsuit on this???
    Did you file one, or are you justing whining to whine?

How about Elling???? No change there for the Town Board. Talk about friends and family, he is on the South Buffalo gravey train.....
    It is checkers, all a game of checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by CacTus View Post
    How about Elling???? No change there for the Town Board. Talk about friends and family, he is on the South Buffalo gravey train.....
    It is checkers, all a game of checkers.

I don't know him. What's his connection? He can't be worse than having Graber come back onto the board again, can he?!!!!!!

rumor4,
    How's that lawsuit coming, champ?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    rumor4,
    How's that lawsuit coming, champ?
    I was the one asking where the lawsiut was, never did I say that one would be filed. I think it's humorous that only a certain group is the evil group.

Does anyone know how the Democratic Endorsements went last night?

Dem's Endorsement Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by leavintown View Post
    Does anyone know how the Democratic Endorsements went last night?
    From what I understand leavin, it was the best show in town. The people think they have a choice in government, ha ha, they don’t. They have the choice of choosing between the handpicked puppets of the political structure which is unfortunately made up of mostly self interested, corrupt people who have something to gain from getting their particular person in place.

But how did the meeting go… this is what I know, and Rumor’s initial post in this thread is a good lead in for what happened. Matt English got the highway endorsement, as did Dale McCabe for town justice and Jackie Felser got the nod for town clerk. Those three positions went unopposed.
    Then we got to the two council seats and supervisor. Dale Clarke got the 4 year endorsement and John Rusinski got the 2 year. John I guess is a volunteer fire fighter at Winchester and yes a good friend of Dale Clarke.

The Supervisor’s endorsement went to Sheila Meegan. I guess Matt English seconded her nomination and had some “unprofessional” and nasty things to say about our current Supervisor, the only mudslinging of the night, which I guess was appropriate from a guy that used to clean sh*t out of our sewers. During Mrs. Meegan’s speech she thanked the Executive Committee of the Democratic Party for their advanced endorsement, something unbeknownst to most of the rest of the Democratic Committee. She also thanked her good friend Dale Clarke and looked forward to working with him again. This meeting was also scheduled with about 3 or 4 days of prior notice, conveniently when a lot of the current Supervisor’s supporters were out of town or not available to make the meeting. Funny how that works out.

Finally, at the very end of the meeting, with no notice or formal agenda item, a motion was made to endorse Christina Bove for Erie Co. Legislator. This was done after most of the committee members had already left. I guess she acted surprised, but c’mon, this had to have been planned well in advance.

I just hope that the voters out there, especially registered democrats are smart enough to see through this planning and realize that most of the Democratic Committee is made up of town employees who endorse the candidates they think they will get the most out of. Voters need to make an effort to keep their eyes and ears open and choose the candidates they think will best represent the community, not the self interest and the unions, and take these endorsements for what they are worth, absolutely nothing.

Legend I noticed you like to use the word sh*t in your post.Why not try using it where it belongs like, You have sh*t for brains

Quote Originally Posted by SOMETHING SMELLS View Post
    Legend I noticed you like to use the word sh*t in your post.Why not try using it where it belongs like, You have sh*t for brains
    Haha sure. The last refuge of someone with no argument and nothing intelligent to say, let's just revert to name calling and attacking credibility. You must be a Republican, they are very good at that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information