View Poll Results: How do you feel about an arab/islamic madrassa created as a public school

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dont support it, the public school should be closed, the school board fired for allowing it

3 42.86%
  • If people want religious/foreign language schools, then abolish public schools infavor of vouchers

2 28.57%
  • would liberals feel the same way if it was a christian public school, this is hypocritical

1 14.29%
  • after 911 they should have tried to assimilate, no special exceptions

1 14.29%
  • after 911 there shouldnt even be muslims in the US, they should have been deported

0 0%
  • its ok, I dont care, I embrace diversity, all religions, morals, cultures are relative

0 0%
  • its ok, assimilation is in infringement of rights, thats what welfare & taxes are for

0 0%
  • its ok, as a liberal we have to care for the world if not here then there thru foreign aid

0 0%
  • its ok, its christianity thats offensive not islam. we should convert now

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about an arab/islamic madrassa created as a public school

Unregistered

How do you feel about an arab/islamic madrassa created as a public school

How do you feel about an arab/islamic madrassa created as a public school

As a public school? absolutely not.
    The balkanization of America.
    Got to love it.

Any kristian who is against a madrassa should look at their own church.
    Religion is nothing more than political brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by selwyn_fiddle
    Any kristian who is against a madrassa should look at their own church.
    Religion is nothing more than political brainwashing.
    This message brought to you by the Xenophobic Hermits of America. Now back to our regular programming....

Timmy, your first mistake is grouping of 'arab/islamic'. They are NOT the same thing. Like all public schools, endorsement of any religion is and will be absolutely unacceptable. From the school website:

The school offers a rigorous, interdisciplinary curriculum using project-based learning and integrates an international theme with the study of the Arabic language. The school’s goal is to prepare students for college and successful careers and to foster an understanding of different cultures, a love of learning, and desire for excellence in all of its students.

Nothing in there about religion. Students are not required to pray 5 times a day. The school isn't employing an Imam. No Islamic dress code (e.g. females are not required to wear birkas). This is a school to welcome and teach about another very prevalent and prescient culture. It is not seeking to enforce that culture. Oh yeah, and did I read that the principal is Jewish? (come on Timmy...tell me how the Jews and the Muslims are in league together...)

Considering the willful ignorance of so many Americans about the Arab culture, I find a school endeavoring to teach both cultures to students to be actually pretty refreshing. Especially when you consider that our military and intelligence services are constantly bemoaning a lack of Arab speakers and experts, something like this could actually be rather helpful. Really...how will this do anything but teach respect and tolerance...more than many people here seem to understand.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

By the way: for those of you who advocate "free choice" in schools, you DO understand that your public monies will be going to realIslamic schools, ones which DO teach and enforce the religion, right?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Run,
    So long as you have no objection to a catholic version of that school your take is fair.

I find the whole premise of the school to be odd, just like the Chinese version. We have a hard enough time getting "normal" schools to function properly, we have no business trying to specialize.
    How about a school that specializes in teaching things like reading and writing? How about American History, or Geography?

You know how I feel

Islam, what a religion.Lock and load folks. I see some Islam guys want to blow up airports in Germany. Burka wearing bastards.

More:

from insideschools.org:

School leaders aim to recruit a student body that is half Arab. The school's lead partner, the Brooklyn-based Arab American Family Support Center, offers a variety of services to Arab immigrants and receives funding from the U.S. government and from other support organizations, including the American Jewish World Service.

Yep, that's right. Not ALL Arab...but half Arab. Doesn't sound like they're trying to insulate and incubate... And the vision for it is so insidious, Jewish groups are giving it money.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Nothing in there about religion

Considering the willful ignorance of so many Americans about the Arab culture, I find a school endeavoring to teach both cultures to students to be actually pretty refreshing. Especially when you consider that our military and intelligence services are constantly bemoaning a lack of Arab speakers and experts, something like this could actually be rather helpful. Really...how will this do anything but teach respect and tolerance...more than many people here seem to understand.
    At present the school does not teach religion.

As far as the rest of your comment.

If we need as a country studies in Arabic and Arabian Culture, then add that to the class of world history and add a foreign language study in Arabic.
    Native Americans most likely will not be attending this school. It will be filled with Arabs. This is not multiculturalism nor is it diversity. It is divergence and separation leading to balkanization of our population with use of tax dollars meant for the public school system.
    Are we now going to set up separate schools for every nationality and language?
    If so I want all my school tax dollars back and I will send my children to private schools.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Run,
    So long as you have no objection to a catholic version of that school your take is fair.
    Of course I have an objection to that. Because Catholic is a RELIGION!! ARAB IS NOT A RELIGION.

Fisher...I don't think you're that dumb. I think you just wanted to get me to type in caps...
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Of course I have an objection to that. Because Catholic is a RELIGION!! ARAB IS NOT A RELIGION.

Fisher...I don't think you're that dumb. I think you just wanted to get me to type in caps...

Oh, a wise guy eh...
    I guess I should have had one less picher of beer last night.

This just in, Chinese is not a religion either! I have no idea how I made the Arabic/Catholic link.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    At present the school does not teach religion.

If we need as a country studies in Arabic and Arabian Culture, then add that to the class of world history and add a foreign language study in Arabic.

It will be filled with Arabs. This is not multiculturalism nor is it diversity. It is divergence and separation leading to balkanization of our population with use of tax dollars meant for the public school system.

If so I want all my school tax dollars back and I will send my children to private schools.
    At no time will the school teach religion (outside of the normal comparative religion course we all (should have) had in high school)

I could go back and check, but the last year when a Williamsville school visited a mosque, I'm thinking you were probably one of the ones who cried foul. Now you say we should add more arab culture to curriculae?

Reread the information, LH. It says their goal is to have HALF the students be Arab, not all.

Don't you want all your school tax dollars back anyway?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Smile

run4it, you're just a simple idiot (foolish). I am not a xenophobe.

Arabs and Persians are different. But they are all muslims and that makes them followers of Islam. Islam is a religion. And religion is a homo-sapien problem.

The muslim problem, whether a person is arab or persian, is that their political leaders take orders from the religious leaders. They want tryanny. Just like kristians!!!

The same exact thing is happening with kristians! Religion is used to sway politics. As the empire grows, the elite need more security to maintain their power (money), and they will do anything to secure it. They know exactly what they are doing, because history is full of lessons. The problem inthis age is, the peoples attention has been diverted with materialism and entertainment which has allowed both religion and politics to dumb down the population. Energy is another huge factor.

Being a muslim and kristian are the same thing. There are many good natured people, but they're too dumb and scared to fight for their liberty. They are in love with their own enslavement.

Definitions:
    Paranoid - The ability to make connections that are seemingly unconnected.
    Patriot - Resists the oppressive power of the state. (NOT obedience to the state!)

The kristian "obedience" to the state is through their [faith in] religion.

OK Selwyn, you've gone from the half-time antireligion commercial during which I usually leave the room to get another beer, and you're now the hour long informercial I wake up to at 3 am after having too many beers.

We know you don't like religion. We know you don't like cities. We know you don't like...well, people in general (though I won't necessarily disagree with you on that). But you're getting to the point where you bring anti-religion into every conversation, the same way that Timmy brings in anti-semitism and feminism into any and all conversations. It's...unseemly.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

I am simply sick of "treating symptoms". And thats what, not only, most of you people do here, but the majority in society have been conditioned to do. Treat symptoms instead of curing causes.

Timmy and I, at least, go after "causes" even though we disagree on the most important cause of human dysfunction, religion!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information