Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Polling Sites

Considering the amount of money this current board majority has pissed away in taking care of their friends and family, I find it laughable that they are now trying to convince the residents of Lackawanna that going to a single polling site is strictly for financial reasons!

Really.....for a $200 savings......please!

Single polling place

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    The resolution creating a single polling site was nothing more than a blatant attempt by the current board majority to try and keep both the voters and any future candidates from the 1st ward from influencing any future elections.
    I think having one single polling place will reduce voter turn out. This will give those voters with a vested interest an edge in getting the school board proposals approved.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Polling Sites

Interesting discussion about the Washington School. We couldn't GIVE it away! It just sat rotting for years. The annex behind McKinley School sat empty for years. The swimming pool got built, but it was designed too short for competitions. Each School Board inherits loose ends from the previous school board. We inherited all the teacher, administration, and nurses' contracts not settled in 3 to 5 YEARS. We were faced with the Maintenance Department suits, a Superintendent who retired in mid-term, an elementary school principal who resigned, the Boys' soccer team reinstatement process...to name a FEW issues we had to deal with. I realize that everything I said makes absolutely no difference to you and how you feel about the previous Board. I'm sure this post will trigger the usual mean-spirited name calling and calling me a LIAR, etc. It doesn't matter. The 3 years spent on the School Board had so very little to do with the kids, unfortunately. The majority of the time, energy and stress dealt with the ADULTS and their contracts, grievances, law suits, stipends, etc.

Heh Lackawanna #1, why don't you complain about OLV, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Timon, St. Francis, or Immaculata? People in Lackawanna send their children to these schools also.....why is that??? Because Lackawanna is BROKEN and they have the choice to better educate. These parents feel that LHS is not the best learning environment for their children.....so they pay extra on top of the Lackawanna school taxes to have them receive a higher educational standard.

All I am saying is that it is obvious from years of statistics that educating our children has shifted to what as the priority? Doesn't look like the children.

You can not blame Mr. Saleh or any other parent for allowing their child to receive a better education. That is the point I was making when you said I shifted the conversation to myself. I used myself and my child as an example...one parent out of whole bunch; you might just be one out of that bunch also and have other underlying motives for being so frustrated about the Charter School and parents choosing to send their children elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I think having one single polling place will reduce voter turn out. This will give those voters with a vested interest an edge in getting the school board proposals approved.
    Well said and exactly why they want it. Just make sure everyone you know votes No on the budget.

[QUOTE=lackawanna #1;723304]
    Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    It all boils down to the parent's choice for a better education for their child....why did John sit on the board when his children weren't in the district? Miller? Hetey? Sanders? Rozwood? Bryniarski?

Only one I left out was Seitz...she had a child in the district

I guess these people had their own agendas for sitting on the board.....not that they care about the children according to you....please make a better argument.

My "vested interest" as you put it, was MY child who I decided to send to Nardin Academy.....did they start competing with Lackawanna too?? It is MY choice to NOT have my child attend Lackawanna and a wise choice it was! My choice doesn't make me NOT care about the city I live in or what goes on in the schools located here.

Who asked what you do or what your interests are?,Your like a minnie Andrea, no matter what is said here or who is talked about you turn it into something about you, I dont care what you think or your opinions or what you choose to do, I asked Mr. Saleh a question, now go call him and have him come here and answer the question.
    lack1......FYI, many folks have a vested interest in The City of Lackawanna because they have never forgotten their roots. Former Lackawannanans' all over the country care about what goes on here as well as many of our WNY neighbors. They love OUR illustrious City and despise the poli-tricks/stinking thinking of club members like yourself who are part of the problem and not part of the solution to quote an old cliche'. Your priorities sadly, have turned to nepotism and keeping your club members happy instead of nurturing and helping to raise OUR future society.

I have asked you all many times to put your political egos aside and let the City and School faithfully partner in order to work towards a common goal: to make Lackawanna, NY a nice place for OUR kids to raise their own families in.
    Personality conflicts/issues should never be allowed to block progress ---a true professional knows how to check it all at the door and become totally task focused at doing the job they were hired/elected to complete.

I realize you folks think you are doing a fine job, BUT the proof is in the streets---just look around and really listen to the complaints of the people. I talked to a family who bought a nice "starter" house off Abbott because we have "cheap taxes" BUT, their 3 children were enrolled immediately into Catholic Schools.
    Give us the stats on TOTAL enrollment, kids vs. where each LA resident is enrolled--break-it down for us lack1. Please include LA School tax rate vs. say West Seneca's and what the tuition cost is for each Catholic school. Thank You. Just facts please.....if we have appr. 18,000 citizens how many are kids and where do they go to school?

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Well said and exactly why they want it. Just make sure everyone you know votes No on the budget.
    Once again you've shown how stupid you really are.

Voting NO to the school budget STOPS all hiring!

Assuming, of course, the budget is voted down.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Voting NO to the school budget STOPS all hiring!

Assuming, of course, the budget is voted down.....
    Even if they're mandated?
    Voting down the budget means the students suffer, no one else. Taxes will still go up.

It's for the children

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    Voting down the budget means the students suffer, no one else. Taxes will still go up.
    Here we go again with the "It's for the children" argument for passing the budget. When we all know it is for the teachers and their staff.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

The highest expense for a school district is the payroll....NOT THE KIDS!!!
    Salaries, pay increases and health benefits contribute to the greatest percentage of money in the budget.

When a budget is voted down...the law clearly states there can be NO HIRING, PERIOD!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Once again you've shown how stupid you really are.
    Once again you show how much you love jobs rather than kids. Vote NO and screw the machine!

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    The highest expense for a school district is the payroll....NOT THE KIDS!!!
    Salaries, pay increases and health benefits contribute to the greatest percentage of money in the budget.

When a budget is voted down...the law clearly states there can be NO HIRING, PERIOD!!!
    Thank you! These guys think people are stupid and don't see the big picture.

Jobs for Lisa Friend's husband, Jobs like custodians, Jobs like teacher's aides when you all ready have to many are not mandated.Sorry but you can use that money for the kids rather than yourselves. That would be difficult for you to comprehend though because you think the school district is an employment agency rather than a school!

West Seneca Schools just recently had a special meeting. The Board gave the Superintendent a five year extension and EVERY administrator a three year extension assuring them their pay increases etc. NOW in the event the schools funding hits a wall.

Now, do you think that is RIGHT? You can bet teachers will be laid off this year and down the road but all those administrators will be protected......

This happens everywhere. The KIDS?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information