Thread: Hostage situation by Pardee and Lake last night?

Hostage situation by Pardee and Lake last night?

Being the sloth that I am, I didn't bother to go over there...but this AM, when I was walking the pup, my neighbor told me about this.

Nothing on the local news websites. Anybody know anything yet?
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Sometimes little neighborhood things like that don't hit the news.

A few years ago one of my parents' neighbors went psycho and threatened to kill himself and a few of his neighbors. They needed to call in hostage negotiators and remove guns from the house.

Never made the news.

But sometimes you see purse snatchings do make the news. Who knows?
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    Sometimes little neighborhood things like that don't hit the news.

A few years ago one of my parents' neighbors went psycho and threatened to kill himself and a few of his neighbors. They needed to call in hostage negotiators and remove guns from the house.

Never made the news.

But sometimes you see purse snatchings do make the news. Who knows?
    Depends on how cooperative the police are with reporters. A lot of crime goes unreported because the cops don't want the public to know about it. Unfortunate but true. We hear a lot more lately about crime in Amherst because the police are in constant finanicial battles with the supervisor, Satish Mohan. Now they want the public to feel beseiged by crime so they can justify a bigger PD budget and higher salaries.

It's hard to say whether crime really is increasing, because for years the Amerst PD refused to release the most basic of information. And I'm not criticizing the performance of Amherst police officers (I've always had good interactions with them).

But I think we get conflicting information about crime in suburbs because of the political agendas of the police departments there. It actually makes sense, when you think about it. But it's not good. Nothing should ever be withheld from the public, unless it's a matter of national security.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Depends on how cooperative the police are with reporters. A lot of crime goes unreported because the cops don't want the public to know about it. Unfortunate but true. We hear a lot more lately about crime in Amherst because the police are in constant finanicial battles with the supervisor, Satish Mohan. Now they want the public to feel beseiged by crime so they can justify a bigger PD budget and higher salaries.

It's hard to say whether crime really is increasing, because for years the Amerst PD refused to release the most basic of information. And I'm not criticizing the performance of Amherst police officers (I've always had good interactions with them).

But I think we get conflicting information about crime in suburbs because of the political agendas of the police departments there. It actually makes sense, when you think about it. But it's not good. Nothing should ever be withheld from the public, unless it's a matter of national security.

Yep, this happened about ten years ago... in Amherst.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

From the BN:

Lancaster standoff ends with surrender
    Elmer Ploetz
    Updated: 08/24/07 12:26 PM

* SAVE
    * EMAIL
    * PRINT
    * POPULAR
    * Digg it
    * del.icio.us
    * + Larger Font
    * Google
    * Yahoo
    * - Smaller Font

A 34-year-old Lancaster man who locked himself in his house with his 14-month-old daughter and a shotgun has been charged with criminal mischief and reckless endangerment, Lancaster police say.

Frank Catalfamo Jr. was arrested Thursday when the standoff ended about 8:50 p.m.

The incident with the report of a domestic violence incident. Catalfamo's girlfriend called Lancaster police after he threw her cell phone against a wall, breaking it, and the man then took the baby from her arms when she tried to leave, police said.

The woman … described as Catalfamo's fiance … said the man had a history of drug abuse and had a shotgun inside the house at 90 Old Lake Ave., police said.

When Lancaster officers Jeffrey Smith and Jonathan Ziders arrived, Catalfamo allegedly threatened "suicide by cop" when he locked himself in the house.

The Lancaster Emergency Response Team was called and traffic was rerouted around the address.

Police contacted Catalfamo's father and after about an hour of phone calls with Lancaster Lt. Gerald Gill and the elder Catalfamo, the man was convinced to place the baby outside the front door before locking himself in again.

Police said they heard a sound similar to a single gunshot within the house and Catalfamo could not be reached by phone for another hour, but Catalfamo eventually left the house and surrendered about 8:50 p.m.

Catalfamo was arraigned before Village Justice Paul T. Bumbalo. He was remanded without bail to the Erie County Holding Center pending psychiatric examination.

Police said Catalfamo faces potential additional charges of disorderly conduct, obstructing governmental administration, harassment and another count for criminal mischief for intentionally damaging property.

eploetz@buffnews.com

Man, what's the deal with Lancaster lately? Drugs, insanity???

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1
    Man, what's the deal with Lancaster lately? Drugs, insanity???
    If you posed this question to my inlaws, they'd reply in a hushed voice "The city is coming in from Broadway."

*rolls eyes*

I just think things were more hush-hush before. Nowadays you can't sneeze without a news crew documenting the output, asking to see the tissue, getting a swab of your nose to test for infectious diseases, and all of it capped by a live report.

Just Another Great Example Of How Lancaster Is Becoming The Next Cheektowaga.

Someone Please Help Us!!!!

Please Mr. Ward, If You Are Out There, Campaign Against This Joker Giza!!!!!!!!

Someone Call This Guy And Light A Fire Under His Butt!!

Ps....i Hear Ward Was A Marine Corp Sniper, Maybe They Can Call Him For The Next Hostage Situation And He Can Help Out>>>lol

Thread Information