Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: phase #1 (MY ---)

Lightbulb Statistically speaking !

Quote Originally Posted by Foot Fungus
    I like the way you're both thinking, maybe someone is seeing what I' m seeing here.

Q: How many votes were cast in the last Supervisor's election?
    Q: How many votes would it take for a bird to break the party system?
    Q: Would there be enough people to support that number not only for a Supervisor write in for the bird, but also for two board seats and a town judge?

Now that's breaking the party stranglehold. More later...

Statistically speaking,

To bring Mr.Giza Down around 3200-3700 votes .

300-400 usually come from Depew/Lancaster .

With a successful court press - contenders usually can get within the 3000 +/- area . Thats why Gizites are upset with DEPEW recent Village Board Changes.

They know the turn out for the Gizites will shrink. Thats why Bob and Mrs.Stempniak will work hard at St.Mary's spaghetti sale this year and be highly visible at the Church . For some voters thats all it takes - perception!

I would think any thing above 10% (300-350) of the votes Mr.Giza receives would be enough to send a public/media message. Whether its the Sparrow or Mr.Ward - it still would show resident discontent and lack of trust. Just think - in a slam dunk Election - to have people vote for a total unknown or a sparrow - what a message - !!!!!!!!!

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So basically they played the system at the cost of the tax payers?

Angry Vote foe Ward or the Sparrow

which ever is better than what we have now and yes they have been steam rolling the taxpayers for years one shady deal after another. I always hated politics now I know why!!!!! I hate when people speak out of both sides of there mouth. I don't know how some of these people sleep at night???? How does the leaders of our town get so powerful and we can't control anything that goes on in this town yet we are the voters and the taxpayers How can this be... now if all these people don't vote OK but everyone I talk to things this whole town is crooked and just worried about lining there own pockets. And we the peopleare suppose to leave these people in office... I'll vote for the dam bird- I'd vote for Mickey Mouse at this point we cannot have one controling power it will destroy Lancaster and the citizens that live here.. That I don't care attitude has to stop in this town. It's always amazing that when people start to care it's to late......they wait until things effect them until then they close there eyes to whats going on in this town...

Quote Originally Posted by 4248
    Statistically speaking,

With a successful court press - contenders usually can get within the 3000 +/- area .
    For once, you are correct.

So, why is there always the "woe is me, the democrats have all the control" attitude on this MB?

Get out there and vote, if you don't like things. Work a campaign. Get your friends and neighbors to vote. Or, do you people just prefer whining like a bunch of losers?

Thumbs up I Will Do What It Takes

I've already got registrations for people who weren't even registered and I keep talking to neighbors,freinds and family and who ever comes out first the Bird or Mr. Ward I will do whatever I can. Maybe I'll serve spagetti did you see the new election flyer.... It's Great
    Sparrow.jpg

see run Mr.Ward Run -Complements of Pudge great job Pudge or who ever created the art piece... see If it would be OK if I had T-shirts made up - I could serve spagetti at St.Mary's with that on.. Mr Giza would not be happy
    Last edited by shadow; August 27th, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

Sparrow adds running mates to slate:

Sparrow slate a.jpg

Gives Lancaster residents true Independence line:

Sparrow Independence a.jpg

Originally Posted by 4248

Statistically speaking,

Thanks for the numbers 4248.

With a successful court press - contenders usually can get within the 3000 +/- area . Thats why Gizites are upset with DEPEW recent Village Board Changes.
    Sounds doable.

They know the turn out for the Gizites will shrink. Thats why Bob and Mrs.Stempniak will work hard at St.Mary's spaghetti sale this year and be highly visible at the Church . For some voters thats all it takes - perception!
    Originally Posted by shadow

see run Mr.Ward Run -Complements of Pudge great job Pudge or who ever created the art piece... see If it would be OK if I had T-shirts made up - I could serve spagetti at St.Mary's with that on.. Mr Giza would not be happy
    You never know. When does the spooghats start to fly?

I would think any thing above 10% (300-350) of the votes Mr.Giza receives would be enough to send a public/media message. Whether its the Sparrow or Mr.Ward - it still would show resident discontent and lack of trust. Just think - in a slam dunk Election - to have people vote for a total unknown or a sparrow - what a message - !!!!!!!!!
    10% eh? Mr. Cansdale came a few hundred short. Hmmm. I think I like the slam dunk better.

I'll throw my support behind the ticket at the bottom of this post. One guy ain't gonna cut it in breaking this system. A good emabarrassing, public butt-whoopin' would.

Sparrow.jpg

H. Henslow Sparrow-Town Supervisor
    Lou Cocophalus-Town Council
    Dick Cissel-Town Council
    Corina Strix-Town Justice

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Don't Let Your Right To Vote Become An Endangered Species.

Angry Harry Henslow for Supervisor(Sandy Tan & News)

The signs are in the process of being made, what would Sandy Tan say about this! Could she defend our political party or say it's gone to the birds What would the buffalo News write about this one.. If he gets poked by volker he can peck him back...... I love it ( Don't let your vote become an endangered species) that is the truth no joke there....I wonder who's side the army corp of engineers and the DEC would vote for!! this would show there true colors and really show what and who there trying to protect....we might even see that rubber stamp come out. Theres no problem in this town, one political party and a bird ( is he a conservative) Maybe I can wear my T-Shirt to town board meeting and we can see how they treat the public when they ask question and challenge the town.......Mr.Sherwood might start poking...... he would be jealous of the little pecker..... well on a serious note it's nice to see this town behind something even if it's a bird and it really shows we have issues that need to be addressed by someone... They keep saying the housing market is dropping and I know people selling homes and they say there losing sales because banks are not financing people like they used to. Banks are running scared because of all the losses and foreclosures especially with adjustable rate mortgages they skyrocketed.. So who's going to buy these homes. You see more and more for sale signs on these new homes especially once they get there tax bill...100% of what they pay.. do the math....Where's all this money going that they have to keep raising taxes Then again they say .80 for every dollar goes for infrastructure because this town wasn't made for so many homes and everythings failing ( sewer, water,roads,bridges) they can't take care of what they have but build more.....

Angry Ethics clause about reclusing yourself

Did you know the town represenatives have an ethics clause for conflicts of interest right in the town codes have any of them ever read this or ethics doesn't cross there mind!!!!!!!

§ 9-4. Conflicts of interest.
    A. No town officer or employee shall:
    (1) Act as attorney, agent, broker, employee, consultant or representative of or for any person in connection with any business dealing that person has with the Town.
    (2) Directly or indirectly solicit any gift or accept or receive any gift or series of gifts having a value of $25 or more, whether in the form of money, service, loan, travel, entertainment, hospitality, thing or promise, or in any other form, under circumstances in which it could reasonably be inferred that the gift was intended to influence him or her in the performance of his or her official duties or was intended as a reward for any official action on his or her part. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to campaign contributions not otherwise prohibited by law.
    (3) Take or refrain from taking any action or agree to take or refrain from taking any action or induce or attempt to induce any other town officer or employee to take or refrain from taking any action on any matter before the Town in order to obtain a pecuniary or material benefit for:
    (a) Himself or herself;
    (b) A family member;
    (c) Any partnership or unincorporated association of which the Town officer or employee is a member or employee or in which he or she has a proprietary interest;
    (d) Any corporation of which the Town officer or employee is an officer or director or of which he or she legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock;
    (e) Any person with whom the Town officer or employee or his or her family member has an employment, professional, business or financial relationship; or
    (f) Any person from whom the Town officer or employee or his or her spouse has received, within any twelve-month period during the previous 24 months, a pecuniary or material benefit having an aggregate value greater than $1,000, unless said individuals make up less than 5% of a class of individuals benefited.

(4) Appear before the agency serviced by or which employs such town officer or employee except on behalf of the Town or on his or her own behalf.
    (5) Appear before the Town except on behalf of the Town or on his or her own behalf. This subsection shall only apply to officers and employees who are elected or who are paid by the Town.
    (6) Appear as attorney or counsel against any interest of the Town in any matter in which the Town is a party or a complainant.
    (7) Solicit any nonelected officer or employee of the Town to participate in an election campaign. This subsection shall not prohibit an elected officer from soliciting such participation from officers and employees who are appointed by, and directly subordinate to, such elected officer and whose service in positions which are in the exempt classification or the unclassified service under the Civil Service Law.
    (8) Directly or through a person, campaign committee or other organization authorized to act on his or her behalf solicit any nonelected town officer or employee of the Town to pay or promise to pay any assessment, subscription or contribution to a political party, political party organization or election campaign. This subsection shall not prohibit a general solicitation of a class of person.
    (9) Directly or through a person or campaign committee or other organization authorized to act on his or her behalf solicit participation in an election campaign or payment or promise of payment of any assessment, subscription or contribution to a political party, political party organization or election campaign from any person who, to the knowledge of the Town officer or employee, has or within the previous 12 months has had any business dealing with the Town. This subsection shall not prohibit a general solicitation of a class of persons.
    (10) Except where such disclosure is authorized by law, disclose any confidential information acquired in the course of his or her official duties or use any such information to advance the financial or other private interest of himself or herself or any other person.
    (11) After termination of his or her term of office or employment with the Town, appear before the Town or receive compensation for any services rendered on behalf of any person other than the Town in relation to any particular matter upon which he or she took any discretionary act during his or her term of office of employment with the Town.

B. No partnership or unincorporated association of which a town official is a member or employee or in which he or she has a proprietary interest, nor any corporation of which he or she is an officer or director or legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock shall appear before the agency served by such town official on behalf of any person other than the Town or itself.
    C. No partnership or unincorporated association of which a town official who is elected or paid by the Town is a member or employee or in which he or she is an officer or director or of which he or she legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock shall appear before the Town on behalf of any person other than the Town or itself.
    D. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit a town officer or employee or any other person from receiving a municipal service or benefit or using a municipal facility which is generally available to residents or a class of residents in the Town.
    E. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit any town officer or employee listed in § 11 of the Domestic Relations Law from accepting any gift or benefit having a value of $25 or less for the solemnization of a marriage by that town officer or employee at a place other than the Town officer's or employee's normal place of business or at a time other than the officer's or employee's normal hours of business and except as may be otherwise restricted by law.
    F. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit a town officer or employee from performing any ministerial act.
    G. A person who knowingly violates any provision of this section may, in addition to any penalty contained in any other provisions of law, be dismissed, suspended or removed from office or employment in the manner provided by law.
    § 9-5. Transactional disclosure and recusal.
    A. Whenever a town officer or employee is requested or required to take any action on a matter before the Town and, to his or her knowledge, either the performance or nonperformance of that action would provide a pecuniary or material benefit to himself or herself or to any related person different from that which would be derived from the action by reason of its general application to a broad class of persons deriving such benefit, the Town officer or employee shall not participate in that matter unless the Town officer's or employee's recusal prohibits town action; then said town officer or employee shall participate after full disclosure. Additionally, the Town officer or employee, prior to any final action being taken, shall file promptly with his or her immediate superior, if any, and with the Town Clerk a signed statement disclosing the nature and extent of that interest.
    B. For purposes of this section, "related person" means:
    (1) A family member.
    (2) Any corporation of which the Town officer or employee is an officer or director or of which he or she legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock.
    (3) Any person with whom the Town officer or employee or his or her family member has an employment, business or financial relationship.
    (4) Any person from whom the Town officer or employee or his or her spouse has received, within any twelve-month period during the previous 24 months, a pecuniary or material benefit having an aggregate value greater than $1,000.

C. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit a town officer or employee from performing any ministerial act.
    § 9-6. Annual disclosure.
    A. All town officials who are elected and all members of the Zoning Board of Appeals, Planning Board, Library Board of Trustees, Youth Bureau, Drug Abuse Prevention Council, Assessment Review Board, Town of Lancaster Industrial Development Agency, Ethics Board, Senior Citizens Director, Town Building Inspector, Town Engineer, Director of Parks and Recreation and any government review or advisory board appointed by the Town Board shall file with the Town Clerk, who, for the purpose of this section, shall also be deemed the Secretary of the Board of Ethics as hereinafter set forth, a signed annual disclosure statement within 120 days of the effective date of this code; within 30 days of taking office; no later than April 30 of each year thereafter. Within 30 days of any change in the information contained in his or her most recently filed statement, the public official shall file a signed amendment to the statement indicating the change.
    B. Matters to be disclosed by all elected, paid or appointed town officials shall be in the following form:
    § 9-7. Penalties for offenses.
    A. A reporting individual who knowingly and willfully with intent to deceive makes a false statement or gives information which such individual knows or should have known to be false on such statement of financial disclosure filed pursuant to this section shall be assessed a civil penalty in an amount not to exceed $10,000. Assessment of a civil penalty hereunder shall be made by the Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics.
    B. For a violation of this subsection the Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics may, in lieu of a civil penalty, refer a violation to the District Attorney, and upon such conviction, but only after such referral, such violation shall be punishable as a Class A misdemeanor.
    C. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, no other penalty, civil or criminal, may be imposed for failure to file or for false filing of such statement, except that the appointing authority may impose disciplinary action as otherwise provided by law.
    D. The Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics shall adopt rules governing the conduct of adjudicatory proceedings and appeals relating to the assessment of civil penalties herein authorized. Such rules shall provide for due process procedural mechanisms substantially similar to those set forth in Article III of the State Administrative Procedures Act, but such mechanisms may not be identical in terms or scope.
    E. Assessment of a civil penalty shall be final unless modified, suspended or vacated within 30 days of imposition and upon becoming final shall be subject to review at the instance of the affected reporting individual in a proceeding commenced against the Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics, pursuant to Article 78 of the Civil Practice Law and Rules.

The Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics????

I wonder if Stanley sits on that board too? He likes to be involved.

Ethics?? ETHICS?? WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKING ETHICS!!!

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

we need to do some research here. does the town of lancaster have a board of ethics. who's on it. knowing who is on it will give us an idea of what chances we have to have ethics questions investigated.
    This November Write In Your Vote For:

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

To watch the first Sparrow Video Click the link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T14XDQ0w5mo

To Watch the Video Instructions on how to cast a write in vote, Click the link below.

http://vote.nyc.ny.us/img/votenyc.mpg

Hey Shadow,

The only ethics code followed by this and all preceeding town and planning
    boards in the town of Lancaster can be found
    in the following pictorial definitions:

water1.jpg

traffic-study2.jpg

traffic-mit3.jpg

building-lot4.jpg

Then: And the above may be followed by town and planning board clisches
    like:

"If you don't like it, move!"

"You should have known better!"

"Town taxes are more important than wetlands

yes indeedeee, lancaster town does have a board of ethics. i found this on the town website.

----

§ 9-10. Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics. A. A Board of Ethics is established and shall be known as the Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics.
    B. Members and terms. (1) The Board of Ethics shall consist of five members who shall initially serve a one- to five-year term. Thereafter, members shall be appointed for a five-year term.

(2) If the Supervisor shall fail to appoint the members within 30 days after the establishment of the Board of Ethics or within 30 days after a vacancy occurs on the Board of Ethics, the Town Board shall appoint such member or members as the case may be. Only one member of the Board shall be an officer or employee of the Town of Lancaster.

(3) In the event that a vacancy occurs prior to the expiration of the five-year term, such vacancy shall be filled for the balance of such term in the same manner as members are appointed to full terms. All members shall reside within the Town of Lancaster.

(4) All members shall serve without compensation, except that any member who is a Town of Lancaster officer or employee shall be entitled to his usual compensation when attending upon the business of the Board during normal working hours.

C. Political parties. (1) No more than two members of the Board may be affiliated with the same political party. No member of the Board of Ethics may hold an officer's position in any political party, except such person may be a member of a county committee of a political party.

(2) For purposes of this section, "political party" shall mean any political party which appears on the ballot in the last biennial town election. The members shall elect a Chairman from among themselves and such other officers as may be deemed necessary from time to time.

D. A Board of Ethics member may be removed by the Town Supervisor with the approving consent of not less than five members of the Town Board after a finding of substantial neglect of duty, gross misconduct in office, inability to discharge the powers or duties of the office or violation of this act after written notice of the charges and an opportunity to reply.

E. The Town Clerk shall be the Clerk of the Board of Ethics and all documents filed with the Town Clerk shall be deemed, for the purposes of this chapter, to be filed with the Board of Ethics.

F. The Board of Ethics shall have all the powers and duties as prescribed by Article 18 of the General Municipal Law. The Board of Ethics may adopt and amend such rules or procedures as are appropriate.

-----

now we need to find out who is on the board

by the by, i hope this works, this is the section of the town code on ethics in case anyone is interested

http://www.e-codes.generalcode.com/c...t=ws&cb=0177_A

okay, the link only takes you to the code. theres a little type in box in the upper left. type in the word ethics and it will link you to the ethics section

one of these days i'll learn how computers work
    This November Write In Your Vote For:

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

To watch the first Sparrow Video Click the link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T14XDQ0w5mo

To Watch the Video Instructions on how to cast a write in vote, Click the link below.

http://vote.nyc.ny.us/img/votenyc.mpg

Angry Yes there is suppose to follow code of ethics...

contrarian Did you think I was Lying.....In security and Law Enforcement I take the code of Ethics very seriously thats probably why I stay out of politics. I also beleive this code apply's to all Town Officers and employees!!!!! I found on net and had to double check that it was Lancaster's everything it says not to do our glorious leaders participate in. I wonder if this also applies to William Schutt and Assoc and greenman Peterson and how many others...Were In Trouble.............watch out Mr.Clark is looking......

A. No town officer or employee shall:
    (1) Act as attorney, agent, broker, employee, consultant or representative of or for any person in connection with any business dealing that person has with the Town.
    (2) Directly or indirectly solicit any gift or accept or receive any gift or series of gifts having a value of $25 or more, whether in the form of money, service, loan, travel, entertainment, hospitality, thing or promise, or in any other form, under circumstances in which it could reasonably be inferred that the gift was intended to influence him or her in the performance of his or her official duties or was intended as a reward for any official action on his or her part. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to campaign contributions not otherwise prohibited by law.
    (3) Take or refrain from taking any action or agree to take or refrain from taking any action or induce or attempt to induce any other town officer or employee to take or refrain from taking any action on any matter before the Town in order to obtain a pecuniary or material benefit for:
    (a) Himself or herself;
    (b) A family member;
    (c) Any partnership or unincorporated association of which the Town officer or employee is a member or employee or in which he or she has a proprietary interest;
    (d) Any corporation of which the Town officer or employee is an officer or director or of which he or she legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock;
    (e) Any person with whom the Town officer or employee or his or her family member has an employment, professional, business or financial relationship; or
    (f) Any person from whom the Town officer or employee or his or her spouse has received, within any twelve-month period during the previous 24 months, a pecuniary or material benefit having an aggregate value greater than $1,000, unless said individuals make up less than 5% of a class of individuals benefited.

(4) Appear before the agency serviced by or which employs such town officer or employee except on behalf of the Town or on his or her own behalf.
    (5) Appear before the Town except on behalf of the Town or on his or her own behalf. This subsection shall only apply to officers and employees who are elected or who are paid by the Town.
    (6) Appear as attorney or counsel against any interest of the Town in any matter in which the Town is a party or a complainant.
    (7) Solicit any nonelected officer or employee of the Town to participate in an election campaign. This subsection shall not prohibit an elected officer from soliciting such participation from officers and employees who are appointed by, and directly subordinate to, such elected officer and whose service in positions which are in the exempt classification or the unclassified service under the Civil Service Law.
    (8) Directly or through a person, campaign committee or other organization authorized to act on his or her behalf solicit any nonelected town officer or employee of the Town to pay or promise to pay any assessment, subscription or contribution to a political party, political party organization or election campaign. This subsection shall not prohibit a general solicitation of a class of person.
    (9) Directly or through a person or campaign committee or other organization authorized to act on his or her behalf solicit participation in an election campaign or payment or promise of payment of any assessment, subscription or contribution to a political party, political party organization or election campaign from any person who, to the knowledge of the Town officer or employee, has or within the previous 12 months has had any business dealing with the Town. This subsection shall not prohibit a general solicitation of a class of persons.
    (10) Except where such disclosure is authorized by law, disclose any confidential information acquired in the course of his or her official duties or use any such information to advance the financial or other private interest of himself or herself or any other person.
    (11) After termination of his or her term of office or employment with the Town, appear before the Town or receive compensation for any services rendered on behalf of any person other than the Town in relation to any particular matter upon which he or she took any discretionary act during his or her term of office of employment with the Town.

B. No partnership or unincorporated association of which a town official is a member or employee or in which he or she has a proprietary interest, nor any corporation of which he or she is an officer or director or legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock shall appear before the agency served by such town official on behalf of any person other than the Town or itself.
    C. No partnership or unincorporated association of which a town official who is elected or paid by the Town is a member or employee or in which he or she is an officer or director or of which he or she legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock shall appear before the Town on behalf of any person other than the Town or itself.
    D. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit a town officer or employee or any other person from receiving a municipal service or benefit or using a municipal facility which is generally available to residents or a class of residents in the Town.
    E. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit any town officer or employee listed in § 11 of the Domestic Relations Law from accepting any gift or benefit having a value of $25 or less for the solemnization of a marriage by that town officer or employee at a place other than the Town officer's or employee's normal place of business or at a time other than the officer's or employee's normal hours of business and except as may be otherwise restricted by law.
    F. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit a town officer or employee from performing any ministerial act.
    G. A person who knowingly violates any provision of this section may, in addition to any penalty contained in any other provisions of law, be dismissed, suspended or removed from office or employment in the manner provided by law.
    § 9-5. Transactional disclosure and recusal.
    A. Whenever a town officer or employee is requested or required to take any action on a matter before the Town and, to his or her knowledge, either the performance or nonperformance of that action would provide a pecuniary or material benefit to himself or herself or to any related person different from that which would be derived from the action by reason of its general application to a broad class of persons deriving such benefit, the Town officer or employee shall not participate in that matter unless the Town officer's or employee's recusal prohibits town action; then said town officer or employee shall participate after full disclosure. Additionally, the Town officer or employee, prior to any final action being taken, shall file promptly with his or her immediate superior, if any, and with the Town Clerk a signed statement disclosing the nature and extent of that interest.
    B. For purposes of this section, "related person" means:
    (1) A family member.
    (2) Any corporation of which the Town officer or employee is an officer or director or of which he or she legally or beneficially owns or controls more than 5% of the outstanding stock.
    (3) Any person with whom the Town officer or employee or his or her family member has an employment, business or financial relationship.
    (4) Any person from whom the Town officer or employee or his or her spouse has received, within any twelve-month period during the previous 24 months, a pecuniary or material benefit having an aggregate value greater than $1,000.

C. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit a town officer or employee from performing any ministerial act.
    § 9-6. Annual disclosure.
    A. All town officials who are elected and all members of the Zoning Board of Appeals, Planning Board, Library Board of Trustees, Youth Bureau, Drug Abuse Prevention Council, Assessment Review Board, Town of Lancaster Industrial Development Agency, Ethics Board, Senior Citizens Director, Town Building Inspector, Town Engineer, Director of Parks and Recreation and any government review or advisory board appointed by the Town Board shall file with the Town Clerk, who, for the purpose of this section, shall also be deemed the Secretary of the Board of Ethics as hereinafter set forth, a signed annual disclosure statement within 120 days of the effective date of this code; within 30 days of taking office; no later than April 30 of each year thereafter. Within 30 days of any change in the information contained in his or her most recently filed statement, the public official shall file a signed amendment to the statement indicating the change.
    B. Matters to be disclosed by all elected, paid or appointed town officials shall be in the following form:
    § 9-7. Penalties for offenses.
    A. A reporting individual who knowingly and willfully with intent to deceive makes a false statement or gives information which such individual knows or should have known to be false on such statement of financial disclosure filed pursuant to this section shall be assessed a civil penalty in an amount not to exceed $10,000. Assessment of a civil penalty hereunder shall be made by the Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics.
    B. For a violation of this subsection the Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics may, in lieu of a civil penalty, refer a violation to the District Attorney, and upon such conviction, but only after such referral, such violation shall be punishable as a Class A misdemeanor.
    C. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, no other penalty, civil or criminal, may be imposed for failure to file or for false filing of such statement, except that the appointing authority may impose disciplinary action as otherwise provided by law.
    D. The Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics shall adopt rules governing the conduct of adjudicatory proceedings and appeals relating to the assessment of civil penalties herein authorized. Such rules shall provide for due process procedural mechanisms substantially similar to those set forth in Article III of the State Administrative Procedures Act, but such mechanisms may not be identical in terms or scope.
    E. Assessment of a civil penalty shall be final unless modified, suspended or vacated within 30 days of imposition and upon becoming final shall be subject to review at the instance of the affected reporting individual in a proceeding commenced against the Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics, pursuant to Article 78 of the Civil Practice Law and Rules.

Talking Lancasters "Board" of Ethics / Lancasters bored with ethics?

Yes , there is supposed to be a Lancaster Board of Ethics.

No It won't be easy to find who , if anyone is named to sit on that Board .

First problem would be:

Who does our Local Government know that would want to sit on this Board ,

- Bella Visa ? Greenman and Co Employees ? Earth Dimensions employees ?

Who does the "Con rolling Majority" know who could do it with a strait face? -

I mean other than Socha !

Who could pretend to read the code and act like it doesn't apply to our Local Government ?-

I mean other than a Town Attorney !

Who would be so hypocritical as to read , understand and then misinterpret its application ? -

I mean other than Keysa !

If any Town Board action or Governmental staff was brought up on charges - who would dare be such a "Puppet" as to sign a "Neg Dec."
    that could land themselves in legal jeopardy?-

I mean besides those on the Lancaster Demo Employment agency Committee !

But don't worry - our Town Leaders won't bother you with "Ethics" and they aren't "Bothered" by them either!

Quote Originally Posted by Foot Fungus
    The Town of Lancaster Board of Ethics????

I wonder if Stanley sits on that board too? He likes to be involved.

Ethics?? ETHICS?? WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKING ETHICS!!!

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information