Lancaster;s Elected Officials understand the "Law" - when you have two lawyers on the Town Board - Mr.Montour and Town Attorney - believe me they know how to use the laws . (also another Lawyer + a Clerk in Sherwoods Town Hall Office at 21 Central Ave. doing his work - while he's two doors away at his law office- 25 Central Ave.)

They also know they cant be hurt by laws suits - why ? - because we (tax payers) pay for them to be bonded/insured - so we , the tax payers will pay for their defense and costs , even if their sued by taxpayers.
So 4248 are you saying we should just quit and go along with status quo
(can't fight city Hall)!!!! My theory is they have buried themselves so deep they can't keep track of the lies they tell.... Elected officials may understand the law but they get cocky when dealing with the public and there attitude that everyone is a moron except the ones sitting on the board. People come to them with legitamate problems and they demoralize people like they don't have a clue. Is this part of the status quo or just stupidity... If they know the law why do they get upset when people question there actions. sometimes they talk out of there ass and don't know the facts.

[QUOTE]
I think what shadow is getting at is that after all of the studies come in from agencies, "hired guns", town inspectors etc., things just seem to get overlooked for the benefit of more development without a drop of thought except for the almighty dollar. If you read shadow's posts they don't just pertain to a bird, but usually bigger issues as flooding and drainage that are having an impact not only on previous homeowners, but also the new residents. More and more, people are seeing the results of develpment and the lax attention to details that comes from all ends of the development cycle as they pass the ball back and forth, putting it in each others courts.

As for the sparrow, yer durned tootin' I seriously care, he's the only thing that stands against a soon to be annointed, unopposed Town Board in an upcoming "election" (note the quotes, an election means there is a choice, that's not happening here. Perhaps they could bill this "election" as a choice between same old-same old and status quo. Not much of a choice).
Thankyou Fungus thats exactly what I was getting at and as for the sparrow I too care. But I'm an animal lover and the sparrow is our mascot and him and his running mates are the only ticket worth voting for.....I don't care what party you belong to you should look for the Bird bath in November

Does anyone know who won the primary I know we can't have that many votes In lancaster... It's amazing how nothings been reported except the article in the Bee.. I agree with others this will be interesting to see who wins this one... I want to know how many votes for the bird (Corina Strix)