Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: phase #1 (MY ---)

Talking So what do we do next

Lancaster;s Elected Officials understand the "Law" - when you have two lawyers on the Town Board - Mr.Montour and Town Attorney - believe me they know how to use the laws . (also another Lawyer + a Clerk in Sherwoods Town Hall Office at 21 Central Ave. doing his work - while he's two doors away at his law office- 25 Central Ave.)

They also know they cant be hurt by laws suits - why ? - because we (tax payers) pay for them to be bonded/insured - so we , the tax payers will pay for their defense and costs , even if their sued by taxpayers.
    So 4248 are you saying we should just quit and go along with status quo
    (can't fight city Hall)!!!! My theory is they have buried themselves so deep they can't keep track of the lies they tell.... Elected officials may understand the law but they get cocky when dealing with the public and there attitude that everyone is a moron except the ones sitting on the board. People come to them with legitamate problems and they demoralize people like they don't have a clue. Is this part of the status quo or just stupidity... If they know the law why do they get upset when people question there actions. sometimes they talk out of there ass and don't know the facts.

[QUOTE]
    I think what shadow is getting at is that after all of the studies come in from agencies, "hired guns", town inspectors etc., things just seem to get overlooked for the benefit of more development without a drop of thought except for the almighty dollar. If you read shadow's posts they don't just pertain to a bird, but usually bigger issues as flooding and drainage that are having an impact not only on previous homeowners, but also the new residents. More and more, people are seeing the results of develpment and the lax attention to details that comes from all ends of the development cycle as they pass the ball back and forth, putting it in each others courts.

As for the sparrow, yer durned tootin' I seriously care, he's the only thing that stands against a soon to be annointed, unopposed Town Board in an upcoming "election" (note the quotes, an election means there is a choice, that's not happening here. Perhaps they could bill this "election" as a choice between same old-same old and status quo. Not much of a choice).
    Thankyou Fungus thats exactly what I was getting at and as for the sparrow I too care. But I'm an animal lover and the sparrow is our mascot and him and his running mates are the only ticket worth voting for.....I don't care what party you belong to you should look for the Bird bath in November

Does anyone know who won the primary I know we can't have that many votes In lancaster... It's amazing how nothings been reported except the article in the Bee.. I agree with others this will be interesting to see who wins this one... I want to know how many votes for the bird (Corina Strix)
    This November Write In Your Vote For:

H. Henslow Sparrow-Town Supervisor
    Lou Cocophalus-Town Council
    Dick Cissel-Town Council
    Corina Strix-Town Justice

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Don't Let Your Right To Vote Become An Endangered Species

Talking Never give up they will crash and burne

[quote=shadow]So 4248 are you saying we should just quit and go along with status quo
    (can't fight city Hall)!!!! My theory is they have buried themselves so deep they can't keep track of the lies they tell.... Elected officials may understand the law but they get cocky when dealing with the public and there attitude that everyone is a moron except the ones sitting on the board.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe they are suffering the affects of their actions. They seem to many as if they are doing well and reaping the rewards of their lies and back door deals - but!

They handi-cap their children by instilling their attitudes in them. Their children and ours will be forced to pay environmentally and through taxes - the rest of their lives.

Some have already seen the problems of having children and families in their quid pro quo (favor for a favor) world .

Some think the COP who brings your kid home when found drinking , the Judge who helps lessen the blow in court , the "well connected" DWI Lawyer , the system of scratch my back I'll scratch yours has and will haunt them. Some have already felt those repercussions and still face more in their personal lives.

Whether its Politics or karma - it will eventually come back on them.

So no ! I never quit - I will never quit trying to bring about honest reform - I have great contempt for what these people have done to our system of Governance. Sooner or later the majority of voters will understand the fraud being perpetrated on them . Unfortunately with the "Me I Generation" now controlling the Committees - led by dinosaurs - it may take a while!

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Talking Never Quit

I'm Happy to here you never Quit!!!! I am also fed up with what has happened in Lancaster and what has happened to our town. My parents and many in the neighborhood had the attitude that they were afraid of the administration and anything they said or did wouldn't change things... Never question them or rock the boat (you'll be payed a visit from the building inspector)You keep your mouth shut and he would never show up again. Many stopped voting and lost track of all events or any political events in this town because they were afraid until it was to late... This is what they wanted! They wanted to instill fear in most the old timers and people with farms or businesses kept there mouth shut to protect there livelyhood. Never knowing they were giving the elected officials full reign to do what they pleased.

You know somethings wrong when a Farmer is told he can't put up a pole barn because if and when they develop the land, people in the development wouldn't want to look at that!!!!!!! They issue permits for developments like passing out candy but you give a farmer a hard time and won't permit him to build another barn. years ago most of lancaster was all farms they were the only ones living out here. maybe we don't want all those houses on little postage stamp lots ruining our veiw and taking away our wildlife. The one farmer they built right next to his property line and then harassed him about animals and where he put his manure,Which was there when they built the house but then it was a problem. nobody looked before they built and bought the house. Thats like building next to an airport and complaining about planes!!!!!!The town won't side with the farmer, they hope he'll sell his property so they can build another development for more tax revenue.

I also have great contempt for our back door leaders with no spines to stop development. With a failing infrastructure and the town not being able to take care of 3/4 of our roads, bridges,creeks and updating sewers and water systems and with flooding and drainage issues being worst than ever.. They don't understand why? On new developments they even put a clause that containment ponds if on the purchasers property are the homeowners responsibility the town is not responsible for erosion,cleanout and sediment and they disclaim any liability from containment ponds.

Talk about covering your butt and passing the buck to the homeowner and not being responsible.

If everyone see's whats going on in this town I hope in November theres a change if you have to vote for a person Vote for Ward and if you want to send a message Vote for H.Henslow but don't vote for Giza that just says everything they do is OK with us.....If you are not registered,register now your vote can make a differance.......Vote for the bird

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Shadow wrote:

You know somethings wrong when a Farmer is told he can't put up a pole barn because if and when they develop the land, people in the development wouldn't want to look at that!!!!!!! They issue permits for developments like passing out candy but you give a farmer a hard time and won't permit him to build another barn. years ago most of lancaster was all farms they were the only ones living out here. maybe we don't want all those houses on little postage stamp lots ruining our veiw and taking away our wildlife. The one farmer they built right next to his property line and then harassed him about animals and where he put his manure,Which was there when they built the house but then it was a problem. nobody looked before they built and bought the house. Thats like building next to an airport and complaining about planes!!!!!!The town won't side with the farmer, they hope he'll sell his property so they can build another development for more tax revenue.
    Well said Shadow!

I am not so much against development in the town as I am about supporting property rights, and that cuts both ways!

The town sees no problem in rezoning areas that were established in past master plans; sees no problem in not challenging developer incomplete and or bogus Environmental Assessment Forms (EAF) and or site plans; never challenges findings by the regulatory agencies or demands tougher restrictions to mitigate potential adverse impacts (traffic, flooding and drainage) to neighboring property owners or for the community as a whole.

When the Summerfield Farms / Fairway Hills project was before the planning board and the mention of the endangered bird species and the noise and appearance of the business was brought forward, the planning board Chair opined that the birds would take flight once construction commenced and that the William Street business would most likely close shop when development encroached his property. A few weeks later, the business owner was paid a visit by the Building Inspector’s office, where several potential code violations were cited. Screw the birds and neighbors!

As to Windsor Ridge South, 25 lots were removed from the concept by the development consortium to comply with DEC and COE wetland restrictions. Donna Lukowski recently appeared before the town board and the DEC to get the following information and walked away without getting answers to the following:

· What exactly does “partial EPA waiver” to allow sewer construction in wetlands mean? Where? Federal or state wetlands?

BTW, why is the developer of Pleasant Meadows just now applying for same EPA sewer waiver? Why has this not been a requirement for past wetland developments? Where was the town on this? But then, wwhere has the town been on past bogus wetland delineations that were privately challenged and their size increased? Why no fines?

· Why doesn’t the town or project sponsor have the revised floodplain map? They based their calculations on a map that is incorrect.

· Why can’t Lukowski get an elevation map from either the town or regulatory agencies? She is concerned more water will be pushed onto her and her neighbors properties along Brunck Road should the Windsor Ridge property be built up like they did with Bowen Square across the street. Brunck Road properties will sit in a bowl.

· Lukowski claims there is a floodway behind Brunck Road homes in the northeast quadrant that interconnects wetlands to the South Branch of Slate Bottom Creek. She has shown numerous pictures that depict numerous point sources. A new developer drawing shows wetlands removed and lots reshaped to allow for building homes in front of the wetlands.

· Is the Erie County Sewer Authority comfortable with putting sanitary sewers in wetlands?

But I guess those homeowners and farmlands should have known better 40-50 years ago that someday a developer would come along, buy the swampland next to them, change their way of life and that they are expected to shut up because developers and new comers have rights to affect their quality of life. Damn NIMBY’S!

Angry Hired gun says 2 to 5% water on Windsor Ridge site

The environmental hired gun states 2 to 5 % water on future Development site of Windsor Ridge South! He apparently never went on the land and I have numerous questions of regulatory agencies who accept many of developers information as fact. Several government agencies have looked at pictures and stated with water coming from this land there is far more than 2 to 5 % water and does include a floodway. The floodway is caused from inundated land which water will make it's own natural escape and elevations where water will collect and discharge naturally.

FEMA’s regulations (Section 9.4) state: “Floodway means that portion of the floodplain which is effective in carrying flow, within which this carrying capacity must be preserved and where the flood hazard is generally highest, i.e.,where water depths and velocities are the greatest. It is that area which provides for the discharge of the base flood so the cumulative increase in water surface elevation is no more than one foot.”

Almost all regulatory agencies insist it's the town's responsibility to reveiw and address any flooding issues on or in floodplains. They also state just because they issue permits the town is still allowed to impose more restrictive building in filled in wetland area or areas they feel will cause flooding to the community. That is why they have the SEQR process! The town always relys on regulatory agencies on decisions and impose nothing and out comes the rubber stamp.

Why don't our elected officials look into community issues. Money in Development ? Residence don't matter? (Like they told residence on Tim Hortons traffic issues) More tax revenue! So they can spend more? It's never ending do they care? We should just elect a developer for town supervisor they use our officials as puppets and rubberstamp everything.

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information