Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: phase #1 (MY ---)

thanks for all the links

Thanks to everyone for the links on write In voting.... Mr.Henslow Sparrow for supervisor...No joke here..he will be my choice.. I'm ready for a Bird Bath...... Time to stop the political machines and show them who they work for... I think they forgot!!!
    This November Write In Your Vote For:

H. Henslow Sparrow-Town Supervisor
    Lou Cocophalus-Town Council
    Dick Cissel-Town Council
    Corina Strix-Town Justice

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Don't Let Your Right To Vote Become An Endangered Species

Angry DEC public notice In Bee

The DEC has posted for Public notice in the Bee for Windsor Ridge South and my favorite is no adverse environmental effects. Lead Agency (Lancaster) found no adverse environmental impacts. What a croc... nothing about flooding,traffic sewer and water usage on current residents. This is the norm for lancaster (let them build ) remember that when it's time to vote.....write your vote in for the bird...

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Angry Windsor Ridge South

Must contact in writing by 9-21-2007
    Charles Cranston
    NYSDEC
    270 Michigan Ave
    Buffalo NY 14203-2999
    #716-851-7165

You can also go and examine application information submitted contact Charles Cranston 851-7165.
    You can also contact Army corps of engineers Steve Mativer at 879-4314

Contact about traffic and flooding issues let your voices be heard before the bulldozers start to roll, otherwise by the end of the month I'm sure sure they will get permits issued by agencies because lancaster acting as lead agency said there is no negative effects on the community.... have we heard that one before????????????? Town meeting 1st and 3rd Monday show up and let yor voices be heard.

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Angry Another show by Town Board..

Well with Tim Horton we see again how the Town Board plays Flip Flop Mr Giza instead of voting to save face with Amatura why don't you try voting for whats right... Oh I forgot you only do what Sherwood tells you to do..You and the Board have become so transparent that everyone see's whats going on and how most of you know before hand what your doing and how your voting before issues are even looked at regardless of effects on the community. How can you tell everyone that the Town has no power to refuse this project because it's zoned commercial. What the hell do we have you in office for....Typical BS So the residents will have to live with issues until Kohls put a signal in. Just like all residents will have to live with traffic until we have a traffic study that is ligitamate or developers pay for updates to our roads....What happened to no project until traffic study was complete! Oh I forgot you thought the lights should be turned off and everyone should go home, your typical answer for anything that involves residents or negative impacts on the community.

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

yeah, shadow raises a good point. i remember hearing the board, or at least certain board members, say no sizeable development until the traffic study was done. if memory serves me well, this was said in public, during a meeting. one of the people i specifically remember saying it was amatura. he said it during the early discussions on phase 1.

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Don't Let Your Right To Vote Become An Endangered Species.

To watch the first Sparrow Video Click the link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T14XDQ0w5mo

To Watch the Video Instructions on how to cast a write in vote, Click the link below.

http://vote.nyc.ny.us/img/votenyc.mpg

Angry No Building until traffic study is complete!!!!

Yes that is what was said at a town meeting and planning Board meetings. They also told the person that was trying to build on the corner of william and Aurora they were concerned about curb cuts and traffic and said no decisions would be made until traffic study was complete. How could they refuse him and let large developements continue........$$$$$$$$$$$$ theres your answer. pretty sad if you ask me... So the same with Tim Hortons if people didn't complain it would have passed. My question is If The traffic study is finally completed and they come up with more issues than what Mr.Keysa stated and they found traffic issues and things that need to be fixed will we stop building until repairs are completed. They already stated that nothing will be done on William Street as far as the size of the road because it's a county road and they don't have the money and the cost will be astronomical....So here we go again ... let them build and we will worry about the rest later. We will let the taxpayers and residence put up with all the problems until we can figure out how to fix them....If we fix them..

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Originally posted by shadow

Yes that is what was said at a town meeting and planning Board meetings. They also told the person that was trying to build on the corner of william and Aurora they were concerned about curb cuts and traffic and said no decisions would be made until traffic study was complete. How could they refuse him and let large developements continue........$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Pandora's Box Warning...

According to the above quote in accordance with Mr. Sherwood's comments on Moday night, if the zoning is correct for William and Aurora, by making them wait for a traffic study while letting others continue and start new projects, aren't they acting in an "arbitrary and capricious" manner?

Or do lawsuit threats only come from the Town Board when residents oppose something?

Registered Republicans: This Tuesday, September 18th, Write In Your Vote In The Primary For:

Corina Strix-for Lancaster Town Justice

H. Henslow Sparrow-for Lancaster Town Supervisor
    Lou Cocophalus-for Lancaster Town Council
    Dick Cissel-for Lancaster Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

TO WATCH THE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CAST A WRITE-IN VOTE:
    http://vote.nyc.ny.us/img/votenyc.mpg

Originally posted by shadow

Yes that is what was said at a town meeting and planning Board meetings. They also told the person that was trying to build on the corner of william and Aurora they were concerned about curb cuts and traffic and said no decisions would be made until traffic study was complete. How could they refuse him and let large developements continue........$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Foot Fungus wrote:

Pandora's Box Warning...

According to the above quote in accordance with Mr. Sherwood's comments on Moday night, if the zoning is correct for William and Aurora, by making them wait for a traffic study while letting others continue and start new projects, aren't they acting in an "arbitrary and capricious" manner?
    Although both will impact traffic at William & Aurora, the office park / retail complex concept was given little consideration by the planning board and deserves no equal consideration here.

The Windsor Ridge South developer at least committed to paying for road improvement costs based on generated traffic from the site. The William / Aurora project is far from being approved and is ludicrous when you examine the concept. An office park is one thing. Allowing retail sales in this area would draw much more traffic too an intersection that is already overburdened.

School buses drive up the Aurora Street curbing to make right turns onto William and there were no plans proposed to widen the intersection.

The project would have two William Street driveways, one of them in use now by a Day Care Center. The proposed project would sit in front of half the day care center. There are issues with the stormwater pond sizing that already exists. This project should have been denied by the planning board, not allowed to move forward with recommended conditions.

The developer told the planning board that the building would now have retail stores because he could not get enough office tenants. And, the planning board said, “okay”.

When residents oppose a project for the impacts it will have on their neighborhood and ask for practicable mitigation, they are told by town officials, “we have to act in the best interests of the community NIMBY, get lost.”

Town’s best interests most often means tax revenues to spend more and/or to feather their campaign nests and favor their best interests.

Arbitrary and capricious, you bet! One good thing is that neither project will be bringing traffic onto the roads before the traffic study is completed.

However, anyone that is familiar with the traffic issues at William and Auroa, especially at peak hours when school buses are on the road, and considering it sits next to a day care center, should object to the office park / retail sales project proposal.

Pandora's Box Warning...

That's a good point.

What was proposed at William and Aurora, anyway? Was it that little office building with the faded sign? (NW corner)

Originally Posted by pudge

The Windsor Ridge South developer at least committed to paying for road improvement costs based on generated traffic from the site.
    What system is in place to enforce this condition in the approval, who will enforce this condition and what is the formula used to determine the developer's portion of responsibility? Aside from road improvement costs are they committing to any responsibility for other infrastructure improvements?

Good info on William/Aurora.

Registered Republicans: This Tuesday, September 18th, Write In Your Vote In The Primary For:

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

TO WATCH THE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CAST A WRITE-IN VOTE:
    vote.nyc.ny.us/img/votenyc.mpg

Angry Windsor Ridge

As far as Aurora and William go I am not for that retail site being there that intersection is already a nightmare. I am just saying the town Board picks and chooses which Developements are OK as far as zoning and Traffic study. As far as Windsor Ridge goes if Developers pay for road improvements everything they do is OK. To me this is no different then throwing money at the town...when will these improvements be done or will they be done and the residents will live with traffic issues and failing infrastructure for now. We already have an infrastructure that is failing and we keep adding more the roads are disasterous. The town can't take care of what it already has but let's build more. We the taxpayers will pay for it in the end. You know they won't cut jobs they keep adding more and more jobs so there goes the budget...

Developers tell the town whatever they want to hear.. If I'm not mistaken that agreement was made with another developer and the town never received the money in bond so when the time came Mr. Sherwood said they couldn't get the developer to pay for it because they didn't make sure the money was there before hand. oops

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Angry Flooding Issues-town Responsibility

The plot thickens after speaking with many govt agencies on flooding and water issues it all comes back to the Town of Lancaster! Army Corp of engineers,DEC and even FEMA say much of the responsibilty is on the town for any new developement it is up to the town to address problems and issues with flooding and water issues. It is up to them to make sure any new developement won't cause water issues or flooding. That won't happen... there was several documents that were entered on flood elevation that moved more water than was acceptable (raised water levels over one foot) so they were refused by the DEC. New paperwork was sent in which showed less water being moved and lowered the amount the water would raise. ( Must be under a foot to be acceptable) What changed ????? Just the figures being entered... Something don't sound right in paradise again. I love how documents can just change to satisfy govt agencies. what worries me is no questions are asked. The light bulb never goes off as far as actually questioning this paperwork. It's like finding Endangered birds 7 years before construction is stopped ... It took 7 years for the light bulb to go off and decide that the birds are there. The town new Mr.Keysa said once they start bulldozing the birds would leave.... Wonderful attitude from our glorious leaders. One should not wonder why it's time to vote for the bird. This is why Lancaster needs change and we need people to actually give a dam about our community.

Dick Cissel-Town Council

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

I have said, many times before, that I'm not a fan of all the subdivisions.

They bleed the Town of money, cause traffic, and they're ugly as sin.

Still.....do all of you people seriously care about the damn sparrow? I didn't realize you were all a bunch of environmentalists.

Originally Posted by shadow

It's like finding Endangered birds 7 years before construction is stopped ... It took 7 years for the light bulb to go off and decide that the birds are there. The town new Mr.Keysa said once they start bulldozing the birds would leave.... Wonderful attitude from our glorious leaders.
    Originally Posted by therising

Still.....do all of you people seriously care about the damn sparrow? I didn't realize you were all a bunch of environmentalists.
    I think what shadow is getting at is that after all of the studies come in from agencies, "hired guns", town inspectors etc., things just seem to get overlooked for the benefit of more development without a drop of thought except for the almighty dollar. If you read shadow's posts they don't just pertain to a bird, but usually bigger issues as flooding and drainage that are having an impact not only on previous homeowners, but also the new residents. More and more, people are seeing the results of develpment and the lax attention to details that comes from all ends of the development cycle as they pass the ball back and forth, putting it in each others courts.

As for the sparrow, yer durned tootin' I seriously care, he's the only thing that stands against a soon to be annointed, unopposed Town Board in an upcoming "election" (note the quotes, an election means there is a choice, that's not happening here. Perhaps they could bill this "election" as a choice between same old-same old and status quo. Not much of a choice).

emblem.jpgSparrow.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtoJ20Eqe8E

and GIVE 'EM THE BIRD!

Lightbulb Town Leaders insured by you !

Lancaster;s Elected Officials understand the "Law" - when you have two lawyers on the Town Board - Mr.Montour and Town Attorney - believe me they know how to use the laws . (also another Lawyer + a Clerk in Sherwoods Town Hall Office at 21 Central Ave. doing his work - while he's two doors away at his law office- 25 Central Ave.)

They also know they cant be hurt by laws suits - why ? - because we (tax payers) pay for them to be bonded/insured - so we , the tax payers will pay for their defense and costs , even if their sued by taxpayers.

Sherwood always brings up "The Town could be sued" - first whenever he represents the "Town" he gets paid with tax dollars. Then if he or the Members of the Board are sued - we (tax payers) will pay for their defense.

So why would anyone think our Town Board - including Mr.Ruffino (banker) - and the rest of our elected or appointed real estate investors at Town Hall be afraid of getting sued or worry about what tax payers want - we pay no matter how you slice it.

Should Lancaster's Government be the biggest employer of loyal Democratic Committee friends and family ?

They are !

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information