Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highway Department Contract?

Highway Department Contract?

Has anyone heard what the status of the highway department contract negotiations are going. I thought that this was supposed to be voted on. If it was such a good contract, why haven't we heard anything?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by govtchecker
    Has anyone heard what the status of the highway department contract negotiations are going. I thought that this was supposed to be voted on. If it was such a good contract, why haven't we heard anything?
    Is there like a time line all of that type of stuff needs to follow?

Hghwy Contract

The contract has to be voted on the the town employees. I've heard a couple vote schedule dates but nothing firm. The supervisor twiddled his thumbs for 18 months so I imagine the employees figure they'll take their time.
    No matter when they vote on it, the benefits will be retroactive to the date the last contract expired. The loss is the 52 thou per month the single payer insurance will save. At the time the super was elected a contract was agreed on that included the insuance savings but Satish shot it down saying he wanted to negotiate his own contract with his own negotiator. Of course that was illegal and so the contract talks have dragged on and on while Satish blames the union members for his incompetence.
    dono

Meanwhile, the controller had something on the agenda last night asking the TB to identify where the money for the insurance is coming from.... Since they still have to pay it while the union members debate a contract that WOULD HAVE BEEN SETTLED 19 MONTHS AGO if it hadn't been for Satish. Don't know what happened when it came up.

How can they take money from fund balance? That means they can shortchange the budget...keep the tax rate low by doing that....and then just use fund balance during the year to pay for items they deleted from the budget!!!! I think someone should check to see if this is legal. Years ago this wasn't allowable. Looks like the Controller is a bit out of his league with this job!!!!

Oh, you got that right!

Both the Comptroller (Belliotti) & the Engineer (Burrow) are grossly incompetent and should not be reappointed at the end of the year when their terms expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    Both the Comptroller (Belliotti) & the Engineer (Burrow) are grossly incompetent and should not be reappointed at the end of the year when their terms expire.
    Do you think Belliotti will be reappointed? I thought he just wanted to do one term. Or is he so used to all that money for so little work, he doesn't want to give it up?

Saw you last night, Gan. Why is Shelly so ticked off at Kindel that she gave that vicious tirade? Anybody know? She was spitting nails. What a B_itch.

Quote Originally Posted by left wing
    Do you think Belliotti will be reappointed? I thought he just wanted to do one term. Or is he so used to all that money for so little work, he doesn't want to give it up?

Saw you last night, Gan. Why is Shelly so ticked off at Kindel that she gave that vicious tirade? Anybody know? She was spitting nails. What a B_itch.
    They couldn't possibly be even thinking of reappointing Belliotti.

Quote Originally Posted by amhresident
    They couldn't possibly be even thinking of reappointing Belliotti.

So who will they appoint? Will it be Darlene Carol? I heard if she isn't appointed she will sue the Town for gender bias!!!!! Maybe Harry Williams will apply for the job!!!! Will Cilano, Bowers or Moslow apply? Maybe Satish will resign and apply since he knows so much about finance!!! Oh...wait ...you have to be a CPA in NYS, and you have to have an MBA...Satish would be out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by left wing

Alot will depend on the November elections? I think Belliotti and Mohan are attached at the hip. Belliotti doesn't have a clue, so he won't stand up to Mohan. Why wouldn't he want to be re-appointed. He is not held accountable and make over $90,000 a year. I would love to have a job like that.

If Belliotti isn't re-appointed then they are back to square 1. Why would Cilano come back and deal with this mess. Carroll didn't apply last time, do you really think she will this time with the current political climate, and with everyone knowing how big a mess this situation is. Would you want to follow Belliotti and deal with Mohan directly. I don't think so. I don't know what they do, but it is a mess that both the TB and Mohan have created.

Carroll

Carroll doesn't qualify under Civil Service regs. The Town tried that once before and didn't get away with it.
    dono

Quote Originally Posted by Dvoakley
    Carroll doesn't qualify under Civil Service regs. The Town tried that once before and didn't get away with it.
    What doesn't she qualify for under civil service regs and why?

Wasn't this contract supposed to be voted on by the union last night? Has anyone heard what the outcome is?
    Is this vote the reason that Mohan has called a press conference for Friday instead of waiting to monday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information