Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John and Timothy Rigas Prison Bound

John and Timothy Rigas Prison Bound

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/139275.html

Now that they are finally scheduled to report to prison tomorrow, did they deserve it?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did they do anything worse than some of our elected politicians over all? They sold out thier share holders to a point and quite of a few elected politicians sell out us, the tax payer.

their defense is basically "all corporations are doing it, why single US out?"

Poster Boys or Not, Two Less Corrupt, Corporate, Criminal, Filth Fleecing Joe Citizen.

Yes, they deserve prison. Too bad it took this long! That little leprechaun and his spawn should have been part of the local population inside Attica and not some cushy little retreat for rich criminal filth, over five years ago. Even though it would be grand to see more than one or two rotten apples thrown out, you can't in any way give these two cretins the 'awe shucks' treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO
    Poster Boys or Not, Two Less Corrupt, Corporate, Criminal, Filth Fleecing Joe Citizen.

Yes, they deserve prison. Too bad it took this long! That little leprechaun and his spawn should have been part of the local population inside Attica and not some cushy little retreat for rich criminal filth, over five years ago. Even though it would be grand to see more than one or two rotten apples thrown out, you can't in any way give these two cretins the 'awe shucks' treatment.
    I'm sure I haven't followed this case as closely as many of you, that's why I asked if they deserve it. But one thing that bothered me is, if it was you or me would we have been taken from court in cuffs immediately or given months to report to prison?

Probably would have been sent to Gitmo while Fox news reported daily of some link between you or I and Al Qaeda. Then after two or three years in Gitmo, we would have had our court date only to be sent back to Gitmo after. Lol!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo News
    While prosecutors accused the Rigases of hiding $2.3 billion in borrowing and otherwise cooking Adelphia’s books, they said every financial move that the prosecutors criticized was approved by Adelphia’s accounting firm, Deloitte and Touche.
    Given the terminal beating Arthur Andersen took over Enron, I would be astonished if D&T didn't get hammered for accounting misconduct, like Andersen. It might be a stretch, but it looks to me like Rigas is lying.

This article is entirely too sympathetic for my tastes.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO

Agreed! They should be raped, (FUTA,) for as long as they "raped" us!

Quote Originally Posted by Enough
    http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/139275.html

Now that they are finally scheduled to report to prison tomorrow, did they deserve it?

I thinl they got off to easy. All of their assets should be taken. They still have a lot of money despite this ordeal.

I hope they rot in he!!

I don't know if the prison time is appropriate or not, but regardless of where they sent the father he'd be safe as long as they served spinach. Nobody messes with Popeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Enough
    Yes

Now if we only could apply the same standards to our politicians.

Exclamation They were the . . .

smallest fish in a very large pond with much larger fish not getting 'hooked'. They deserve jail time.
    "God's grace and mercy have brought you through. Quit acting as if you made it on your own." ~ T. D. Jakes

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a dilusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ~ Unknown

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

12/21/2012

I'd have rather seen Kenneth Lay take his time in a cell rather than a hometown boy like Rigas and his son. But a couple billion is a copuple billion, whether you stole it from the shareholders, or from your own company.

Should have been assigned to Lewisburg, PA!

I read about the John Rigas requesting the court to be put in a Federal Prison close to his home. Instead they assigned both John and Timothy Rigas to the Federal Prison in Butner, NC.

They should have honored the Rigas's request by assigning them to the Federal Penitentiary in Lewisburg, PA. It was good enough for Jimmy Hoffa so it should be fine for John and Timothy Rigas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information