Thread: How Do You Do "It"?

How Do You Do "It"?

Your lawn. (What were you thinkin' I meant?)

Everyone has their own way of maintaining their lawn. Cutting, edging, trimming, watering, fertilizing, etc. It seems like I've always lived in neighborhoods where it seemed as though there was an unspoken/subliminal competition for the sweetest carpet o green. Welp, I wanna win! And I think you should help me!

Sooooo, tell me yer tricks. Rotary mower vs reel? Chemical fertilizers vs natural? Mulch? Rake? Crosscut... diagonal? Water in evening or morning?... everyday?

I've always done the diagonal cut at about 2.5" height with a 22" rotary (though I really want to get a reel-type mower. really. reely?). Then the Black & Decker Edge Hog does it's dirty work along the edges of the driveway and sidewalk... then the line trimmer for around trees, planting beds, swings/clubhouse thing, fence, etc. Finally, the 200 MPH Craftsman blower/vac rids my property of the unsightly scraps. I use lots n lots of H2O... ~90 minutes at least every other day lately. Erie County Water Authority gets plenty of my green in return for green fescue/bluegrass.

How do you do your lawn? Or, do you even bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358

Sooooo, tell me yer tricks. Rotary mower vs reel? Chemical fertilizers vs natural? Mulch? Rake? Crosscut... diagonal? Water in evening or morning?... everyday?
    Astroturf Puregrass®. Occasionally I spill some Tequila on it, not sure it it helps in its maintance, but it does in mine.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Thread Information