Thread: Let's Look at the Town Board Candidates

Talking Let's Look at the Town Board Candidates

Craig Hicks - Really has not done much since becoming a councilman. Threatened a resident during Clarks Congressional race. I don't call that an accomplishmnet. His company has all the copy machines in Town Hall. He will tell you that they were there before he became a councilman. That is correct, however, his Uncle Jerry got his compny in Town Hall when he was councilman. The conversion from gas lights to electric lights was and continues to be a fiasco.

Brian Wirth - New to politics - Has a reputable family name - seems sincere to help community - might help to have another Republican on board

Dale Clarke - Heart and ideas in right place, but a little brash - not a politician which is a plus - might be a very good candidate

Chris Osmanski - Kind of a vanilla record - nice guy, but maybe time to move on

Miss Meegan - (Sorry first name escapes me) Daughter of nefarious former councilmember troublemaker Chris Walsh - Might be influenced too much by father - Very nice person

Best two candidate: Dale Clarke and Brian Wirth

It's "Shelia Meegan".
    I'm going to go to her fund raiser with a neighbor on Wednesday the 15th. I'll see where her politics are (if she's anti-Clark, ant-establishment, I'm on board).

If anyone has any idea if/when Wirth is having a fundraiser please mention it here as well. Also, is he anti-establishment?

I'm only interested in the non-incumbants because I already know everything I want to about the current crop of do-nothings.

I beg to differ.......

Quote Originally Posted by Slimguy
    Dale Clarke - Heart and ideas in right place, but a little brash - not a politician which is a plus - might be a very good candidate
    Little history about Dale Clarke:

Once tight with Paul Clark.

Paul Clark signs as well as some of his fellow council members signs use to hang from a tree from Dale Clarkes property along the exit road to route 400 off the main line thruway.

The state decided to revamp that exit and took some of Dale Clarkes property away.

Dale Clarke felt betrayed and blamed the town board, that was the start of their falling out.

Dale Clarke then began to allow some construction equipment to be stored on his property which is not zoned for that kind of commercial allowance.

I don't know if he sought to have it changed previously or just took it upon himself to do what he did, figuring it's his land and he can do what he wants.

He was served notice to remove and refrain from further storage.

That's when Dale Clarke became "involved"

He went on a mission to show how their were many similar violations in town.

Few were similar, most were not and petty by comparison to what he did.

Dale Clarke had the time to do this since he was injured at his former employer and retired with a couple million dollar settlement.

Never the less, he has been spoiling for revenge ever since and has nothing else to do with his money, sort of like what Paul Clark is now doing.

Here's the most ironic part, before the Democratic committee endorsments were voted on, Paul Clark and Dale Clarke were speaking again, even going so far as to have their pictures taken together.

See Paul wanted to use Dale Clarkes tree again to hang signs from, and Dale figured Paul Clark held enough sway in the committee to get him the endorsment.

Things didn't work out as planned for them.

In my opinion Dale Clarke is not the best choice for any town council seat

I don't like the parade of Town of West Seneca highway and building & grounds vehicles that I've seen for years sitting behind his house to have a "chat" with Dale when they're supposed to be working for the town.

This apparently does not bother Dale Clarke.
    Last edited by MR E S 1; August 25th, 2007 at 08:35 AM.
    The Truth Shall Set You Free........Aunt Esther

Thread Information