Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Lancaster traffic study legit?

Is the Lancaster traffic study legit?

4248 wrote:

Mr. Amatura brought up nothing new! He is just reciting what has been said for years. Look at what and where the study is focusing on - the areas where they want new traffic to be accommodated - not to truly address the needs of the older sections to relieve all the traffic they already caused.
    Speakupwny article:

When Supervisor Robert Giza asked Szopinski (GBNRTC) whether higher gas prices could have caused the traffic flow to flatten out, and even decrease on some roads, Szopinski declared “exactly”.

According the GBNRTC (web site) road count report, the traffic on William Street between Transit Road and Aurora Street was 15,300 daily vehicles when a count was last performed in 2003. Szopinski declared the count is now 13,500.
    Is 4248 right that the focus is misplaced? Are we being scammed?

Although the study is being focused on the south end of Lancaster, do you believe there are 1,800 less vehicles on William Street that there were 4 years ago? Do you believe gas prices played a role in the reduction, especially considering the continuing residential building still taking place along William Street and the commercial development along Transit Road?

Szopinski said there could be "abberations" in the study. No kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by pudge
    4248 wrote:

Speakupwny article:

Is 4248 right that the focus is misplaced? Are we being scammed?

Although the study is being focused on the south end of Lancaster, do you believe there are 1,800 less vehicles on William Street that there were 4 years ago? Do you believe gas prices played a role in the reduction, especially considering the continuing residential building still taking place along William Street and the commercial development along Transit Road?

Szopinski said there could be "abberations" in the study. No kidding!
    Did he have any figures regarding traffic counts during peak hours? I'm betting that would probably be a better indicator. If you use an average daily count, the less busy times tend to erase the impact of rush hours. I don't think you can get the rush hour data at the agency's web site, but I'm sure Szopinski has it.

DOT online traffic counts

There is also an interesting NYDOT site that displays traffic counts, including those during peak hours.

It's not an easy site to use, but it does have good information sometimes.

https://www.nysdot.gov/portal/page/p...ic-data-viewer

Talking It's a matter of "Interpretation"

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Did he have any figures regarding traffic counts during peak hours? I'm betting that would probably be a better indicator. If you use an average daily count, the less busy times tend to erase the impact of rush hours. I don't think you can get the rush hour data at the agency's web site, but I'm sure Szopinski has it.
    When one pays for , directs/suggests what will be studied - one gets the preferred results .

Facts are information transformed to prove ones point !
    "Its a matter of interpretation" , Lancaster Town Attorney.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I am not 100% sure what was going on today on William St. but I heard that the survey that was being done was the begining stagges of the NEW IMPROVERED WIDER William St. from Transit to the school.
    If I am not mistaken didnt the traffic study say that William St. was fine with the number of cars that travle on it

I gotta admit, I cocked my head when I heard that traffic has decreased at William and Aurora.

Well it does between 11 pm and 6 am

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY
    I am not 100% sure what was going on today on William St. but I heard that the survey that was being done was the begining stagges of the NEW IMPROVERED WIDER William St. from Transit to the school.
    If I am not mistaken didnt the traffic study say that William St. was fine with the number of cars that travle on it
    I'll check with my friend in the Erie County Highway Dept. Last time I asked him, he said there was a plan in place, but it wouldn't be worked on for 5-10 years due to the lack of money.

Nothing coming out of Lancaster Town Hall is legit. Until we vote Ward in, we will deal with the same stuff that we always will. Even the town Lawyer is a crook who thinks he is above the law. This guy even starts fights with the people who pay his salary. Maybe if Ward gets in, he will appoint a new lawyer.

I made a mistake today. I went to see the Simpson's movie. Funny as hell.

On the way home, I drove down William Street. What a mistake. Bumper to bumper traffic as far as the eye could see. This was between three and three-thirty on a Saturday afternoon. Traffic was moving about 25 to 30 mph in a 40 mph zone. I won't make that mistake again.

If they would just drop the speed limit to 25-30 MPH, you'd have no reason to complain.

If they dropped it to 10-15 MPH, they could spin it as planning for future development.

The interesting thing about the GBNRTC data on traffic is that almost no road in Erie County is at capacity -- no matter how crowded it may seem to us. You can go to the organization's web site and check the traffic counts out for yourself. It's pretty amazing. I think the GBNRTC just collects the wrong information. No road here is at capacity 24/7. But, especially out Williamsville and Lancaster way, the roads have pretty bad rush hours. I wish the GBNRTC collected data on those periods.

Or maybe it does, but no one -- I'm thinking Giza here -- asks for it.

http://www.gbnrtc.org/

Smile I Can See The Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    The interesting thing about the GBNRTC data on traffic is that almost no road in Erie County is at capacity -- no matter how crowded it may seem to us. You can go to the organization's web site and check the traffic counts out for yourself. It's pretty amazing. I think the GBNRTC just collects the wrong information. No road here is at capacity 24/7. But, especially out Williamsville and Lancaster way, the roads have pretty bad rush hours. I wish the GBNRTC collected data on those periods.

Or maybe it does, but no one -- I'm thinking Giza here -- asks for it.

http://www.gbnrtc.org/

Incumbit Supervisor has found that the traffic problem in Lancaster is not farily represented by the latest traffic study. So THE TOWN BOARD LEAD BY SUPERVISOR GIZA has asked the GBNRTC to collect data during certain dates and times.
    Look new campaign promise

Question is this a joke ?

Stanley Keysa who -Appointed by Mr.Giza - is on the GBNRTC and is the Lancaster Planning Board Chairman and "Member" - as well as on the steering Committee for the Town wide Traffic Study - suggested and helped plan where and what would be studied .

Now that tax payers are aware they intentionally designed a "flawed" study - is Mr.Giza trying to do damage control by pretending he didn't get exactly what they wanted ?

What a joke!

What a slap in the face to Lancaster's tax payers !

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY
    Incumbit Supervisor has found that the traffic problem in Lancaster is not farily represented by the latest traffic study. So THE TOWN BOARD LEAD BY SUPERVISOR GIZA has asked the GBNRTC to collect data during certain dates and times.
    Look new campaign promise
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Traffic Study Numbers,Are They Flawed?

I checked gbnrtc website data.The updated # for William st. is 13,500.That entry was made from data collected in 2007.Well it must be true.The meeting is Tuesday.I will be there but if someone could save me a seat that would be great.I cant seam to get out of my driveway to easily anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information