Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New PD Chief in Depew

New PD Chief in Depew

so the mayor looks the other way when hiring a new chief
    alberti and the trusteees passed over depew police officers and hired out side the box (what happened to the civil service list for chief in depew)???

alberti plan hire a buffalo police capt. as the chief albert liberatore
    pba members walked out of the meeting in protest.
    she defends her plan as liberator a good leader......no good leaders in depew ?? alberti is not the brightest bulb in the box, she hired this new guy off the street to run the dpw to cut costs and what a mess that dept is. is this her same motive??

comments please on this from you people in depew.......

Sometimes it's best to go outside and choose someone who does not have attachments to an entity. This person may well be objective and detached from the politics and personalities which make up our police department. It behooves those law enforcement personnel to make this change with an open mind. Not all citizens find their performance satisfactory, and that is an important factor to consider. I have had no issue with them, and, in fact, have been glad that they have enforced the speed limit near Depew High School.

I don't think there is anyone on the list from Depew. I hear the only one that was qualified quit.
    I could be wrong, so anyone with better information, please post a correction

As I understand it their is no one on the chiefs list in Depew. If their was the and the mayor over looked that person on the list it would be a different story. So now she can go outside of the dept. and hire, or hire with in the dept.

A good example would be Cheektowaga PD as soon as the chief retires (hopefully soon) there is one capt on the CS list for chief that person will become the chief. Usually a town can look at the top 3 candidates for the job or promotion.(Sargent, LT, Capt.) If that would be the case politics can be involved on picking that person.

Abolish the DPD let Cheektowaga & lancaster take over and let the 20 guys go. Sounds like more of a problem than what it's worth!
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

In my opinion, the first choice should be to promote from within. But, if, there were no qualified individuals, then I can understand hiring from the outside.

Does anyone know anything about the process for recruiting - what kind of search they did?

Also - not sure that it matters, but isn't the Mayor's son a police officer in Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Abolish the DPD let Cheektowaga & lancaster take over and let the 20 guys go. Sounds like more of a problem than what it's worth!
    I agree with you in that they should abolish the force, in fact we should abolish all these small town forces and combine them with the Sheriff Dept.

Probably what they all said, no one was on the list so outside they go.

Heard

That the next guy in line in Depew had just 13 hrs on the job, therefore she looked elsewhere. Criminals don't like Al Lib, be assured of that. I wish he wasn't leaving. I wish he was our Commish.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
    That the next guy in line in Depew had just 13 hrs on the job, therefore she looked elsewhere. Criminals don't like Al Lib, be assured of that. I wish he wasn't leaving. I wish he was our Commish.
    Chief Albert Liberatore seems to be very well qualified for the job. Even though the method was very convoluted, the choice remains a good one. Hopefully, the mayor doesn't cause the new Chief to want to soon leave like the last one.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by Ileftchktg View Post
    As I understand it their is no one on the chiefs list in Depew. If their was the and the mayor over looked that person on the list it would be a different story. So now she can go outside of the dept. and hire, or hire with in the dept.

A good example would be Cheektowaga PD as soon as the chief retires (hopefully soon) there is one capt on the CS list for chief that person will become the chief. Usually a town can look at the top 3 candidates for the job or promotion.(Sargent, LT, Capt.) If that would be the case politics can be involved on picking that person.
    this is it.... 4 days after the pba protested the new chief everyone is just happy like a pig in pooo over 100 people many (hummmm lots of city cops were on hand) cops who turned out for the meeting mon night.

the depew pba leaders declined to comment monday what has changed since mondays protest. (I have my dogs on it a deal?

liberatore has been granted one year leave of absence from the BPD and can be renewed after that.( i bet the average cop couldn't get that deal)

he has to pass the chief's(ECCS) test to be retained permantently.
    He will earn $52.69 per hour. plus full bennies

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    this is it.... 4 days after the pba protested the new chief everyone is just happy like a pig in pooo over 100 people many (hummmm lots of city cops were on hand) cops who turned out for the meeting mon night.

the depew pba leaders declined to comment monday what has changed since mondays protest. (I have my dogs on it a deal?

liberatore has been granted one year leave of absence from the BPD and can be renewed after that.( i bet the average cop couldn't get that deal)

he has to pass the chief's(ECCS) test to be retained permantently.
    He will earn $52.69 per hour. plus full bennies
    I believe that the the Depew PBA walked out last week in protest of the Mayor and the boards actions, I don't believe it had anything to do with Liberatore.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    I believe that the the Depew PBA walked out last week in protest of the Mayor and the boards actions, I don't believe it had anything to do with Liberatore.
    mikee got it.....

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I agree with you in that they should abolish the force, in fact we should abolish all these small town forces and combine them with the Sheriff Dept.

Probably what they all said, no one was on the list so outside they go.
    Why are we paying $100.000.00 and benefits for a chief to run a 23 man police force?
    This makes absolutely NO SENSE! ... then you wonder why taxes are so damn high in this area.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Why are we paying $100.000.00 and benefits for a chief to run a 23 man police force?
    This makes absolutely NO SENSE! ... then you wonder why taxes are so damn high in this area.
    chektowaga chief 135 person force chief makes in 09 and i think they just got a raise for 2011 what i was told she might be around $118 g's with the increase.

Cheektowaga (Police & Fire) $108,642 2009 (1) "Pay Year" represents the latest year for which salary data is provided. STNY

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    In my opinion, the first choice should be to promote from within. But, if, there were no qualified individuals, then I can understand hiring from the outside.

Does anyone know anything about the process for recruiting - what kind of search they did?

Also - not sure that it matters, but isn't the Mayor's son a police officer in Buffalo?
    What will go on is depew will give the new chief a chance on taking the ECCS exam also ranking members of the DPD. The county can call for the test, and that probably won't happen for a good year so the cops in depew are eligible to take it. That's why Liberatore took a leave from the BPD. The city of Buffalo have their own tests for hiring and promotions, now the chief has to take the county test and score in the top three.

Cheekman, that's the deal! save your nose!!!!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information