Thread: evans code enforcement

evans code enforcement

Why bother to have a town code if you don’t follow it? Ok so in evans there are a couple of things that makes me crazy well a lot actually. Why bother to have any code enforcers or building inspectors if they wont enforce the code specifically when someone complains and the code has been broken? One thing was a friend of mine had an issue with the electric company running a power line across his yard, the town said a variance was needed and he said no to the variance and they still put it in? Another friend of mine has a neighbor that needed a variance to put a deck in on a summer cabin and he went to the town board and the building inspector said yep its out of code and I can pretty much guarantee they will allow it to stay even though they said its out of code, wow crazy. So tell me why do we bother to have codes and pay salaries of these town officials if they don’t enforce the code we pay them to enforce?

The Town of Evans has a team of code enforcement officers. A Senior inspector and five assistants. I have found that if you work with them, they will work with you. You go to them with an adversarial attitude and they may or may not work with you. They are human, they do make mistakes, if shown using proper tone and attitude they can correct the mistakes. I have seen penny saver ads expressing disdain for a certain town here in WNY's inspector, yet I have found him very friendly and easy to work with.

As far as why we pay them and even have them, take a look at a certain location near the Cattaraugus Creek and that will give you a clear answer.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

The problem with enforcement is that everyone wants the rules enforced FOR THE OTHER GUY.

Quote Originally Posted by HamburgVoter View Post
    The problem with enforcement is that everyone wants the rules enforced FOR THE OTHER GUY.
    Good one!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information