Thread: Shooting on Grand Island

Unregistered

Shooting on Grand Island

Shooting on Grand Island

July 26, 2007 12:49 AM EDT

Police are investigating an apparent domestic dispute turned deadly... *and* a bomb threat on Grand Island.

It all started around 10:30 Thursday night on Crescent Road near Broadway. Police were called to a home to diffuse a domestic dispute.

When officers arrived they found a man chasing a woman and shooting at her. The woman was shot in the shoulder... And that's when police opened fired on the gunman... Killing him.

The woman was taken to the hospital. There's no word on her condition at this hour.

While combing the area for evidence officers discovered an apparent pipe bomb inside a backpack nearby.

The bomb squad was called in... And agents brought in a robot to examine the device.

We'll bring you the very latest on this developing story throughout the day here on News 4.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    Shooting on Grand Island

July 26, 2007 12:49 AM EDT

Police are investigating an apparent domestic dispute turned deadly... *and* a bomb threat on Grand Island.

It all started around 10:30 Thursday night on Crescent Road near Broadway. Police were called to a home to diffuse a domestic dispute.

When officers arrived they found a man chasing a woman and shooting at her. The woman was shot in the shoulder... And that's when police opened fired on the gunman... Killing him.

The woman was taken to the hospital. There's no word on her condition at this hour.

While combing the area for evidence officers discovered an apparent pipe bomb inside a backpack nearby.

The bomb squad was called in... And agents brought in a robot to examine the device.

We'll bring you the very latest on this developing story throughout the day here on News 4.
    Well that explains what all the sirens were for. I hear them at least once a night, but they're usually responding to an car accident here or on the Thuway.

I was once told that GI has a lot of domestc disputes. Just goes to show that sometimes it's better to get that divorce.

Unregistered

WHAT????? No SWAT Team??? NO Helicopters???

Even the "Mini Gun Man" brought them to the Island

Last edited by Ragin; July 26th, 2007 at 02:19 AM.

The suspect lived on Buffalo Avenue? (one of the radioactive roads in Niagara Falls) A clear indication that the radiation in Niagara Falls is producing mutants

Seriously, this isn't the same Grand Island that I left in 1996.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Downstate Buffaloian
    The suspect lived on Buffalo Avenue? (one of the radioactive roads in Niagara Falls) A clear indication that the radiation in Niagara Falls is producing mutants
    Jesus Lord, you've got to be kidding me! Where on earth do you people come up with these things?

It never ceases to amaze me that that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.

hmmmm ... Radioactive waste in NF's is the underlying cause of a domestic dispute on Grand Island ......... Aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer
    Jesus Lord, you've got to be kidding me! Where on earth do you people come up with these things?

It never ceases to amaze me that that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.

hmmmm ... Radioactive waste in NF's is the underlying cause of a domestic dispute on Grand Island ......... Aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It's a joke Ragin, calm your Irish dander!

Maybe the radiation at Kelly's Country Store is effecting your temper

Unregistered
    Seriously, this isn't the same Grand Island that I left in 1996.
    You're naive if you seriously believe that there weren't domestic disputes on Grand Island prior to 1996.

hmmm ....

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You people kill me!

You're naive if you seriously believe that there weren't domestic disputes on Grand Island prior to 1996.

hmmm ....

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You people kill me!
    I can tell you that there weren't many shootings of any kind on the Island back then.

Of course there were domestic disputes, but nothing like this.

After not living there since 1996, I can visibly see that the Town has declined since then.

Unregistered
    Maybe the radiation at Kelly's Country Store is effecting your temper
    Yes Yes .. That's it!

I'm ornery because the radiation under Kelly's County Store has enlarged my medulla oblongata!!!!

Unregistered
    I can tell you that there weren't many shootings of any kind on the Island back then.

After not living there since 1996, I can visibly see that the Town has declined since then.
    Yes! Yes! You are soooo right!

Grand Island is a ghetto and that happened in "the hood"!!!!

I realize that I'm away a lot, but are there suddenly a lot of shootings on the island now?
    I made a lot of money and spent most of it on booze, fast cars and loose women. I blew the rest.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Northshore
    I realize that I'm away a lot, but are there suddenly a lot of shootings on the island now?
    Only in "the hood"

I don't think that anyone who knows me would call me a friend of the cops, but it seems that the ECSD Deputy did a great job. This guy was bent on destruction and the Deputy managed to end the incident with no further injuries to the public.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery to the victim, my hopes for the rapid investigation and clearance of the incident and a return to duty for Deputy Meridith, and my sympathies to the family and friends of Mr. Dodge.
    I made a lot of money and spent most of it on booze, fast cars and loose women. I blew the rest.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Northshore
    I don't think that anyone who knows me would call me a friend of the cops, but it seems that the ECSD Deputy did a great job. This guy was bent on destruction and the Deputy managed to end the incident with no further injuries to the public.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery to the victim, my hopes for the rapid investigation and clearance of the incident and a return to duty for Deputy Meridith, and my sympathies to the family and friends of Mr. Dodge.
    "I'm coming to join you Elizabeth!"

Yes! Yes! You are soooo right!

Grand Island is a ghetto and that happened in "the hood"!!!!

LOL

Thread Information