Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tops vs Wegmans

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLV View Post
    Tops often has the discounted gas prices based on bonus card usage.

When they do, its usually cheaper than buying on the indian reservations.
    Too bad that you pay so much more for the food there that it more than offsets the savings on the gas.

Spend $50 more to save $5.

Its been my experience that Tops is usually less expensive compared to Wegmans on an overall basis.

not rich enough for tops and wegmens

to rich for me I go to aldies dollar general and save a lot. if that does not work wal-mart is cheaper then tops and wegmens. money counts when you depend on fixed income to live on
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by SafeWNY View Post
    Wegman's has the vacuum sealed individual meats in their club packs - can't beat it!
    I love those vacuum packs
    can freeze them for a really long time with no freezer burn

I've found that wegmans normally has better strip steak prices than tops unless tops is having a sale on it
    but I do most of my general shopping at tops and usually stick to what's on sale and stock up on it
    the last time I checked tops had a better selection of campbells chunky soup. for example I've never seen the "Old Fashioned Potato Ham Chowder" at wegmans.
    wegmans does have a brand of bacon that I prefer, can't remember the name but it comes in a 3 pound package and is thick cut hickory smoked
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Too bad that you pay so much more for the food there that it more than offsets the savings on the gas.

Spend $50 more to save $5.
    not if you buy stuff that's on sale that week
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I love those vacuum packs
    can freeze them for a really long time with no freezer burn

I've found that wegmans normally has better strip steak prices than tops unless tops is having a sale on it
    but I do most of my general shopping at tops and usually stick to what's on sale and stock up on it
    the last time I checked tops had a better selection of campbells chunky soup. for example I've never seen the "Old Fashioned Potato Ham Chowder" at wegmans.
    wegmans does have a brand of bacon that I prefer, can't remember the name but it comes in a 3 pound package and is thick cut hickory smoked
    OK....you sound like my wife She says the exact same thing - right down to the bacon....we love that stuff.

I shop at both, however I prefer Tops as my regular shopping experience. I find it easier to park, the store is not packed with customers and the store is always orderly and neat.

Wegman's produce at least when I go in there is a mess, it's like a herd of customers went in there because they know a blizzard is coming. I find it hard to locate stuff, and I feel Wegman's has a different feeling when you go in there as opposed to Tops. I like Wegman's card and gift center.

Overall, I weekly shop at Tops. I actually prefer their meats over Wegman's. I have had some bad meat from there.

Sometimes I'll shop at Dash's too. It depends.

I shop at both, and I usually shop the sales as I have a nice-sized pantry and a small freezer to take advantage of them.

I like Wegman's produce better. I think they have better prices, except for sales, on pet food and kitty litter (serious items on my list as the crits get food and toiletries before moi!).

I like Tops for meats, luncheon meat, and staples. They also have better prices on bulk walnuts, pecans, almonds, and cranberries which is important to me when I bake.

I do like getting a dime a gallon off my gas for every $100 I spend at Tops.

I think the ambiance and presentation at Wegmans is better. It also seems to be the "official food store" of my employer, as I can't seem to ever go there without running into somebody from work!

Bring back my bison, Wegman's...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information