Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Hortons?

Tim Hortons?

Does anyone know if the Tim Hortons is positively being built on Transit and Michael Anthony Ln?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How close are homes to that area?

My point exactly. Michael Anthony is a small street with about 50-60 families. The street has no outlits except onto Transit and the rumor that a Tim Hortons is going in is concerning...seeing it is almost impossible to make a turn onto Transit as it is with Kohls and Target. Who in the town plans all this out? Im sure the town planned years ago to build up Transit but why let houses and apartments go up, too? Sounds like very poor planning and now it hurts the residents in this area.

Last i knew, it was shot down by one vote in the planning board. It'll come up again.

Based on the article on the front page of this site, it sounds like the Tim Hortons is going to go in on the SE corner of Michael Anthony and Transit.

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3385.shtml

Originally Posted by lancaster family

Does anyone know if the Tim Hortons is positively being built on Transit and Michael Anthony Ln?
    My point exactly. Michael Anthony is a small street with about 50-60 families. The street has no outlits except onto Transit and the rumor that a Tim Hortons is going in is concerning...seeing it is almost impossible to make a turn onto Transit as it is with Kohls and Target. Who in the town plans all this out? Im sure the town planned years ago to build up Transit but why let houses and apartments go up, too? Sounds like very poor planning and now it hurts the residents in this area.
    The Town Board meets every 1st and 3rd Monday of every month (with a few exceptions). If you would like to address the issue, this is where to go. Bring friends, family and neighbors, the only thing this Town Board understands is numbers (voters). The next meeting is on the 19th and I would imagine that this project will go through pretty quickly, you may not have many more chances to be heard. Be there...or enjoy your coffee and doughnuts...and traffic.

Yep, Tim Horton's is becoming the new business to protest.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I had always thought that Lancaster should change the shape of it's emblem to that of a stop sign with all of the public hearings to place new stop signs in subdivisions that are absorbing the traffic from the main roads. I'm starting to change my thinking to having the emblem changed to the shape of a doughnut (probably a bad idea, the Town of Lancaster would probably get sued by Fox for infringing on their intellectual property rights for The Simpsons Movie's marketing). Perhaps next year we could host a Simpsons festival instead of OzFest.

Another Giza moment.....maybe he will get free coffee for the rest of his life now that he is letting another Lancaster Hortons in. What a joke!!! Maybe this would be a good reason for the whole street of Mike Anthony to vote for the new guy, Jim Ward!

WE NEED CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question ???????

I wonder - who owns the local franchise rights to all these Tim Horton's - who is the "Developer" and who "owns they property" most of them sit on ??

No - I am not insinuating - just asking - I will however try to find out and post that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesph1319
    Another Giza moment.....maybe he will get free coffee for the rest of his life now that he is letting another Lancaster Hortons in. What a joke!!! Maybe this would be a good reason for the whole street of Mike Anthony to vote for the new guy, Jim Ward!

WE NEED CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

What's going to happen to Dunkin donuts

What's going to happen to the new Dunkin Donuts that just opened up a block down the road. Most likely DD won't be able to compete with Tim Horton's and that means another vacant building. My opinion is that there are already enough Tim Horton's in the area like William and Aurrora, French and Borden, Losson and Union, and Transit near Broaway. Transit Road is already busys enough without putting in this coffee shop.
    Cashier210

Originally Posted by cashier210

What's going to happen to the new Dunkin Donuts that just opened up a block down the road.
    They should have known better.

Sorry about that, I love using the Town stock answers. I'm sure that the DD and Timmy's will be fine, at least until a new Timmys opens up on EVERY street corner.

Originally Posted by cashier210

Transit Road is already busys enough without putting in this coffee shop.
    There is no traffic problem in Lancaster.

Oops. Sorry, I did it again. Those Town stock answers really stick with ya'. Just wait until all of the new McMansions in the pipeline are built. And the new St. WalMart. And the new Target expansion. And......

I have heard that the new Tim Hortons on Transit is just a move of the one presently at Aurora & William. Same owner and all. That leads me to think that the new one will replace the old.

I have heard that the new Tim Hortons on Transit is just a move of the one presently at Aurora & William. Same owner and all. That leads me to think that the new one will replace the old.
    You heard wrong Smokey. The Aurora Markets Tim Hortons is expanding. It bought out the pizzeria next door and is in the process of enlarging its operation.

What does Timmy's and St. WalMart have in common? To kill the opposition. Woops, that's the free market at work. More corporate profits for the big guys and less bucks for the little guy!

So they screw up the traffic a bit and make driving a little less safe, America needs its coffee and doughnuts.

Come on Pudge

Pudge:

I love you man but that last post was all about regurgitating some anti-walmart catch phrases.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree that Wal-Mart and other large companies try to give consumers the cheapest price in order to help their market share but
    "More corporate profits for the big guys and less bucks for the little guy!" ?

Which little coffee house is closing because of Timmy's? Dunkin Donuts? Starbucks?

For that matter, which local store is going out of business because of the new Wal-Mart? Kmart? Target?

As I said, I respect your point of views on alot of topics but this one reeked of a quickie response without much thought.

And for the record, I don't think another Timmy's on Transit is a necessity but if the zoning is correct the local residents opposed aren't getting petitions signed and raising a fuss, then I don't see a problem.

MM

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information