Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuomo more Red ink

Cuomo more Red ink

This state is screwed.

Cuomo state address on Wednesday called for redesign of finances.

Cuomo: "The state is looking at $10 Billion deficit in 2011, (I had to read this over) and an additional $31 Billion in red ink for the following two years."

No wonder people are leaving this state!

There are some things that really confuse me. For one, Mario Junior's state of the state speech sounded like he's a hard core republican. Actually it sounded like Carl might have written it. I'm also confused about how exactly he thinks he's going to fix things without pissing off everyone who donated campaign money to him. If he does what he says he's going to do the CSEA, SEIU, and a ton of others are going to be very very upset.

To actually balance the state's budget that has a $10 billion hole in it, he'd have to lay off almost 10% of the state's employees.

I'm not sure what he's up to but I don't trust him and I'm glad I'm not a government employee.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

that is off the wall $31 billion for the next two years. what ever he is up tooo it better work. or this ship sinks fast

how much would cutting medicaid back to federal minimums save?

I'm looking right now but am not having luck finding the answer
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

I've heard that NYS spends on the order of 40% more than the national average so my guess is it would cut the cost roughly in half.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Ignore the rhetoric and watch the actions! He's already decided that SUNY schools are going to take over local development through some type of bogus "regional development councils" . I can think of no better recipe for disaster than involving a bunch of college faculty & administrators in any type of decision making that has real consequence. Leave them alone in their "academy" where the pain they inflict is on themselves with only limited impact on the rest of us. The economy in NYS is bad enough, already! Look, the man is an unreconstructed liberal whose only solution to everything is more taxing and spending and more control from Albany. At the end of the day, that's what we'll end up with but it will be called something else. The newspapers will eat it up as they did with Mario I until they realize (too late! ) the damage he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    I've heard that NYS spends on the order of 40% more than the national average so my guess is it would cut the cost roughly in half.
    I was concerned during the election when I heard andrew say that no Medicare cut would take place, rather, "abuse and waste" will be eleiminated. Fine, clean it up, about time, but, we need to trade the cadillac in for a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Ignore the rhetoric and watch the actions! He's already decided that SUNY schools are going to take over local development through some type of bogus "regional development councils" . I can think of no better recipe for disaster than involving a bunch of college faculty & administrators in any type of decision making that has real consequence. Leave them alone in their "academy" where the pain they inflict is on themselves with only limited impact on the rest of us. The economy in NYS is bad enough, already! Look, the man is an unreconstructed liberal whose only solution to everything is more taxing and spending and more control from Albany. At the end of the day, that's what we'll end up with but it will be called something else. The newspapers will eat it up as they did with Mario I until they realize (too late! ) the damage he's done.
    I agree 1000000%.

If you cant do, then teach.

If you can't teach, then teach gym.

It's good to involve local academic organizations in economic development for a number of reasons. For one, technologies developed in academics can be the basis of new companies. Academic centers also train the work force that businesses need and their focus should be aligned with what businesses need. Academic institutions also provide valuable training to employees who need to acquire additional skills and knowledge.

But, to put an academic institution in charge of economic development would be a complete disaster. Most academics have never started or run a business and are pretty clueless as to what it takes.

The approach Erie county is taking makes a lot of sense. Pull together business leaders, academic leaders, government leaders and the agencies charged with economic development.

Silver will not change

Sheldon Silver says he supports for a property tax cap, but in the same breath is trying to tie it to rent control and higher taxes on the wealthy.

I knew this guy would not change. He knows we are facing a big defict. He doesn't have any creative ways of cutting spending.

This guy has to go.. How many from our WNY delegation re-elected him as speaker? Is there a place to find how they voted?

Where was Hoyt? He was part of the coup in 2000. He should of tried another one.. They did it in the Senate..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

All the Dems in the Assembly voted for Silver except for Mark Schroeder.

Collins has a game plan to cut our property taxes 40%, if NYS will let him do it.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...04282&catid=13

Of course there's no way Mario Junior or Shelly will go for this. It would mean eliminating jobs for CSEA and SEIU members.

Collins has a game plan to cut our property taxes 40%, if NYS will let him do it.

Of course there's no way Mario Junior or Shelly will go for this. It would mean eliminating jobs for CSEA and SEIU members.
    With all due respect to our fearless leader against whom no ill word may be spoken, any idiot could have come up with that idea. Providing the federally required minimum of medicaid is the law just about everywhere but NY.

The Non-Politician is running for re-election this year. He'll be rolling out all kinds of ingenious ideas from now until November.
    Fully stimulated...

I'd like to see some facts and figures on how much of the additional Medicaid benefits expenses go to union members.

Are most of the health care providers billing Medicaid for services members of public employee unions? I know that most of the transportation providers are not unionized.

So how is all this excess Medicaid spending related to public employee unions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information